Olympics: Team Russia 2022

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Gusev - Namestnikov - Kucherov
Panarin - Kuznetsov - Tarasenko
Kaprizov - Malkin - Svechnikov
Mikheyev - Barbashev - Nichushkin
Radulov, Gurianov, Dadonov, Buchnevich, Ovechkin - yeah, we have a lot of good wingers.

Zaitsev - Provorov
Romanov - Sergachev
Gavrikov - Orlov
Zub, Kulikov, Zadorov

Vasilevsky
Shesterkin
Sorokin

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Gusev - Shipachyov - Kucherov
Ovechkin - Kuznetsov - Kaprizov
Panarin - Malkin - Svechnikov
Mikheyev - Barbashev - Gurianov
Tarasenko, Radulov, Dadonov, Buchnevich - yeah, we have a lot of good wingers.

Zaitsev - Provorov
Romanov - Sergachev
Gavrikov - Orlov
Zub, Kulikov, Zadorov

Vasilevsky
Shesterkin
Sorokin
fixed it for you

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Gusev - Namestnikov - Kucherov
Panarin - Kuznetsov - Tarasenko
Kaprizov - Malkin - Svechnikov
Mikheyev - Barbashev - Nichushkin
Radulov, Gurianov, Dadonov, Buchnevich, Ovechkin - yeah, we have a lot of good wingers.

Zaitsev - Provorov
Romanov - Sergachev
Gavrikov - Orlov
Zub, Kulikov, Zadorov

Vasilevsky
Shesterkin
Sorokin

Ovechkin-Kuznetsov-Svechnikov
Panarin-Malkin-Kucherov
Gurionov-Namestnikov-Tarasenko
Dadonov-Anisimov-Radulov
Barbashev, Buchnevich

Provorov-Sergachev
Gavrikov-Orlov
Zadorov-Zaitsev
Kulikov

Vas
Bob
Shesterkin

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Mikheyev hasn't really been the same offensively since his horrific wrist injury. I love his hustle and he's a good role player but I have to think there are better options for Russia on the wing.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Better D core than they’ve had in previous recent best-on-best tournaments.

Reactions: Tmu84

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Panarin-Malkin-Kucherov
Kaprizov-Shipachyov-Tarasenko
Mikheyev-Barbashyov-Guryanov

Provorov-Sergachyov
Orlov-Gavrikov
Zadorov-Romanov
Zaitsev

Vasilevsky
Shetyorkin
Bobrovsky

Ovechkin won't play before Gusev. Gusev is a known Team Russia warrior and has unparalleled chemistry with Kucherov, Ovechkin is trash at international tournaments. He'll be on the team, but as a figurehead.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Panarin-Malkin-Kucherov
Gurionov-Namestnikov-Tarasenko
Dadonov-Anisimov-Radulov
Barbashev, Buchnevich

Provorov-Sergachev
Gavrikov-Orlov
Zadorov-Zaitsev
Kulikov

Vas
Bob
Shesterkin
That's the usual NHL centric approach. Namestnikov and Anisimov should not be near the game roster at this point.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Shipachev couldn't play even at the Olympics with no NHLers. NHLers will make mashed potato out of him.
LOL

You think today's NHL is any tougher than the KHL physicality wise? From watching the leagues I don't see it.

Shipachyov is now the best center in the KHL by far and he can handle himself alright.

Reactions: Eye of Ra

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Lol. Gusev doesn’t smell ovechkins jockstraps
Don't pay attention. It may come as a surprise, but there is a (small) group of Ovechkin haters in Russia. They mostly go of the weird premise that he was always a failure on the NT. Not true of course, but haters gonna hate.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Better D core than they’ve had in previous recent best-on-best tournaments.
The fact that Romanov gets a year to mature(as well as other young defencemen) just adds to my confidence in that sqiad.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Mikheyev hasn't really been the same offensively since his horrific wrist injury. I love his hustle and he's a good role player but I have to think there are better options for Russia on the wing.
He would be a 4th liner anyway. Many options there.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Don't pay attention. It may come as a surprise, but there is a (small) group of Ovechkin haters in Russia. They mostly go of the weird premise that he was always a failure on the NT. Not true of course, but haters gonna hate.

Ovechkin: OG + WHC: 43 + 32 in 100 GP
Gusev: 16 + 30 in 30 games played

Last WHC, where they both played.

Ovi: 2+1 in 10 gp
Gusev: 4 + 12 in 10 gp.

Atas is a known SKA hater and can't stand any SKA player, current or former.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Ovechkin: OG + WHC: 43 + 32 in 100 GP
Gusev: 16 + 30 in 30 games played

Last WHC, where they both played.

Ovi: 2+1 in 10 gp
Gusev: 4 + 12 in 10 gp.

Atas is a known SKA hater and can't stand any SKA player, current or former.
1.Who cares about your bland stats? I was there. I watched Ovechkin play on the NT in person. He always gives his 100%, with a broken foot or not. So really, get lost with your Ovechkin hate. Gusev never had to come from NA after a grinding season+playoffs with injuries and whatnot and step in and contribute right away. Ovechkin did that. I vividly rememeber 2012 when the NHLers who just arrived (Datsyuk, Ovechkin and Syomin) were just jatlagged, tired and slow at first and Malkin who was there from the beginning carried the team. Then Malkin got injured and those guys decided the toughest game against Finland and the final game. They just needed time to be in the time zone they were in. And you are trying to sell foul stories here with those stats.

2.Since when am I a SKA hater? Nobody likes some of their policies. Does not make those people haters. I have to defend SKA all the time for all the stupid BS that is getting thrown their way. I am a rare breed of a fan who tries to objective. Also your claims are throughly misplaced in a NT thread. There is only one team here. It's Team Russia. You should go to international events more often to see what the feel is between the fans when we all stop being "fans of rival teams". I don't effing care where the players are from. I don't even care that I would punch Panarin in face if I see him again up close. I am not going to deny his talent because of that.

3.Shipachyov is a former SKA player. Why do you hate him so much?:sarcasm:

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
I've definitely seen Ovechkin struggle internationally at times, but he's still Ovie - you put him on the 1st or 2nd line unless he looks bad in the first few games, then you consider changes.

Coldplay619

Oct 17, 2010
Looking at the groupings, Russia will should win the group which will likely give it a good matchup in the QF.

Russia, Switzerland, Czech and Latvia/Slovakia/Norway in Group B.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
That's the usual NHL centric approach. Namestnikov and Anisimov should not be near the game roster at this point.

Only so many Russian centres to choose from. The fact it's on North American ice tells me it would be silly to try any KHL guys there, they'd get eaten alive most likely. Still, it's a decently strong team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad