Team Quebec VS English Canada......

Status
Not open for further replies.

monkey_00*

Hiya Gang......

I couldn't help but notice that alot of the key players on the Team canada roster this time around are from the province of Quebec........we're talking about the likes of Lemieux, St.Louis, LeCavalier, Gagne and Brodeur.........I've also heard some discussion in here about how this tourney needs some more teams added to the equation and that's when I started thinking to myself about how a Team made up of just Quebecers would fair in the World Cup of hockey............so my question here for all of you is a two parter:

(A) Who would you include on your Team Quebec and Team English Canada rosters?

(B) If the Finals featured these 2-teams in a best out-of-three who would win the Series?..........Team Quebec OR Team English Canada?........

Let the debate(s) Begin.

Cheers!~

monkey_00

P.S.........maybe the fans from Western Canada can come up with a team Canada-West roster and the fans from Ontario come up with a roster for a Team Ontario.

GTF

Feb 28, 2004
A) I started to think about who to include on Team Quebec when I realized they'd have no defesemen.

LaVal

Dec 13, 2002
Kelowna
out of the current team Canada: Brodeur, Luongo, Theodore, Gagne, Lecavalier, and Lemieux are from Quebec. obviously they'd lack the goaltending they have right now (they'd still have Belfour, Turco, Roloson and Burke, with Raycroft for the future.), but they're still a solid team without those from Quebec.

team Quebec would obviously have the best goaltenders, but they couldn't put together the kind of team that Canada could.

x-bob

Jul 9, 2004
Montreal
ok lets try it out.

Team Canada

Nash-Sakic-Iginla
Smyth-Thornton-Heatly
Richards-Marleau-Murray
Morrow-Yzermam-Doan

(extra: Draper, Maltby)

Neidermayer-Foote
Jovonoski-Blake
Regher-Reddan

(Extra: Bowmester, Brewer)

Belfour
Turco
Raycroft

Team Quebec

Tanguay-Lemieux-Gagne
Lecavalier-Ribeiro-St-louis
Walker-Briere-Daze
Dupuis-Damphousse-Dumont

(extra: Robitaille, Daigle, Bergeron)

Aucoin-Brisebois
Desjardin-Bergeron
Boucher-Dandenault

(Extra: Girard, Gauthier)

Brodeur
Luongo
Theodore

This took me so long to do it's not even funny. Quebec has an ok team but the defence is pretty week but underrated. There netminders are fantastic which is what would really keep them in the game. I think Team Canada would win but not by much.

Last edited:

Burnaby_Joe*

Kariya Sakic Iginla
Heatley Thornton Bertuzzi
Nash Richards Murray
Draper Madden Doan

Niedermayer Foote
Jovanovski Blake
Pronger Redden

Belfour
Joseph
Turco

monkey_00*

>>>ok lets try it out.

Team Canada

Nash-Sakic-Iginla
Smyth-Thornton-Heatly
Richards-Marleau-Murray
Morrow-Yzermam-Doan
(extra: Draper, Maltby)

Neidermayer-Foote
Jovonoski-Blake
Regher-Reddan
(Extra: Bowmester, Brewer)

Belfour
Turco
Raycroft

Team Quebec

Tanguay-Lemieux-Gagne
Lecavalier-Ribeiro-St-louis
Walker-Briere-Robitaille
Turgeon-Damphousse-Dumont
(extra: Dupuis, Daigle)

Aucoin-Brisebois
Dandenault-Bergeron
Boucher-Quintal

Brodeur
Luongo
Theodore

This took me so long to do it's not even funny. Quebec has an ok team but the defence is pretty week but underrated. There netminders are fantastic which is what would really keep them in the game. I think Team Canada would win but not by much.<<<
=======================================

x-bob........

Maybe Quebec could talk Raymond Bourque out of retirement for this Series. :D

Cheers!~

monkey_00

x-bob

Jul 9, 2004
Montreal
x-bob........

Maybe Quebec could talk Raymond Bourque out of retirement for this Series. :D

Cheers!~

monkey_00
[/QUOTE]

and Guy Lafleur, Jean Beliveau, Guy Carbonneau, Patrik Roy :shakehead

Raskolnikov76

Jan 14, 2003
Los Altos
www.modesys.com
Goaltending no problem:
Brodeur, Théodore, Lungo, Giguére (our 4th could be 1st in lots of country)

Offense is pretty good:
Lemieux, Lecavalier, St-Louis, Gagné, Tanguay, Marleau, Brière, Ribeiro, Bouchard, Bergeron, Damphousse, Robitaille, etc..

Defense that's tougher:
Brisebois, Boucher, Desjardins, Bergeron, Gauthier, Dandenault, Bouillon, ..??..ouch!! let's say that Bourque comes of retirement and Aucoin is born in Gatineau instead :dunno:

I think Québec would be top 5 in the world. Maybe not the powerhouse of Canada and Russia but definately among USA, Sweden, etc.

For a final, well, I don't know. This would become the biggest rivalry ever. Heart and passion would make a difference, and it could go either side. Wow imagine the party on Ste-Catherine.

What about the jersey? I'd like something à la Nordique.

Kickabrat

WHAT - ME WORRY?
Jul 4, 2004
Ottawa
monkey_00 said:
Who would you include on your Team Quebec and Team English Canada rosters?
Just curious but why would you call it Team ENGLISH Canada? Why did you not call team quebec Team FRENCH Canada?

If there is an english speaking quebeker, does he play for team quebec or Team ENGLISH Canada? And if a player is born in quebec but grew up in Ontario is he eligble to play for both or does he have to speak french to play on team quebec? Why would Lemieux be on team quebec, he's lived in Pittsburgh for over 20 years and only lived in quebec for 18. What the criteria is here.

x-bob

Jul 9, 2004
Montreal
Kickabrat said:
Just curious but why would you call it Team ENGLISH Canada? Why did you not call team quebec Team FRENCH Canada?

If there is an english speaking quebeker, does he play for team quebec or Team ENGLISH Canada? And if a player is born in quebec but grew up in Ontario is he eligble to play for both or does he have to speak french to play on team quebec? Why would Lemieux be on team quebec, he's lived in Pittsburgh for over 20 years and only lived in quebec for 18. What the criteria is here.

It's because of people like you that evryting is screwed up.......who cares

monkey_00*

Goaltending no problem:
Brodeur, Théodore, Lungo, Giguére (our 4th could be 1st in lots of country)

Offense is pretty good:
Lemieux, Lecavalier, St-Louis, Gagné, Tanguay, Marleau, Brière, Ribeiro, Bouchard, Bergeron, Damphousse, Robitaille, etc..

Defense that's tougher:
Brisebois, Boucher, Desjardins, Bergeron, Gauthier, Dandenault, Bouillon, ..??..ouch!! let's say that Bourque comes of retirement and Aucoin is born in Gatineau instead

I think Québec would be top 5 in the world. Maybe not the powerhouse of Canada and Russia but definately among USA, Sweden, etc.

For a final, well, I don't know. This would become the biggest rivalry ever. Heart and passion would make a difference, and it could go either side. Wow imagine the party on Ste-Catherine.

What about the jersey? I'd like something à la Nordique.
=======================================
Raskolnikov76.........

Great selection of players.........Marleau is from Saskatchewan.

Cheers!~

monkey_00

Kickabrat

WHAT - ME WORRY?
Jul 4, 2004
Ottawa
x-bob said:
It's because of people like you that evryting is screwed up.......who cares
Really I thought it was because of people like monkey_00. It would have been easy for him to say Team Quebec and Team rest of Canada, but he didn't did he. He specifically said Team ENGLISH Canada. Why would the rest of Canada be labeled English and Team Quebec not labelled Team French Canada? Which because he worded his post that way brings up the questions I posed.

monkey_00*

>>>Just curious but why would you call it Team ENGLISH Canada? Why did you not call team quebec Team FRENCH Canada?

If there is an english speaking quebeker, does he play for team quebec or Team ENGLISH Canada? And if a player is born in quebec but grew up in Ontario is he eligble to play for both or does he have to speak french to play on team quebec? Why would Lemieux be on team quebec, he's lived in Pittsburgh for over 20 years and only lived in quebec for 18. What the criteria is here.<<<
==========================================

kickabrat...........

I called the French team "Quebec" cause that's where the players on that team would be from..........and I called the other team from Canada; "TEAM ENGLISH CANADA" cause it would consist of players from the other provinces and territories of Canada...............what would you rather I call the English team instead?............TEAM ONTARIO-MANITOBA-SASKATCHEWAN-ALBERTA-BRITISH COLUMBIA-NOVA SCOTIA-NEWFOUNDLAND-PRINCE EDWARD ISALAND-NEW BRUNSWICK-AND THE TERRITORIES?...............I don't think so.

Don't stay up all night in bed worrying about it ok? :)

Cheers!~

monkey_00

GTF

Feb 28, 2004
Where's Aucoin from? I had no idea he was French. Bad assumption on my part.

monkey_00*

>>>Really I thought it was because of people like monkey_00. It would have been easy for him to say Team Quebec and Team rest of Canada, but he didn't did he. He specifically said Team ENGLISH Canada. Why would the rest of Canada be labeled English and Team Quebec not labelled Team French Canada? Which because he worded his post that way brings up the questions I posed.<<<
========================

kickabrat............

Thanks.........I'm glad that you think monkeys are people too. :D

Cheers!~

monkey_00

Kickabrat

WHAT - ME WORRY?
Jul 4, 2004
Ottawa
monkey_00[font=Comic Sans MS said:
............what would you rather I call the English team instead?............TEAM ONTARIO-MANITOBA-SASKATCHEWAN-ALBERTA-BRITISH COLUMBIA-NOVA SCOTIA-NEWFOUNDLAND-PRINCE EDWARD ISALAND-NEW BRUNSWICK-AND THE TERRITORIES?...............I don't think so.

Don't stay up all night in bed worrying about it ok? :)

Cheers!~

monkey_00
[/font]
Team Canada, Team rest of Canada.
But why limit it to just team quebec. You could probably make good teams from just about every province or region. Why not ask for a Team Ontario, Team Maritime, Team BC, Team Prairie Provinces (Team Saskatchewan would probably eat everyones' lunch). All these these teams would be pretty good (except for maybe the maritime one) but much like Canada, individually they would not be great but together, look out. I was just curious why you singled out one segment based on language but not the other. I'm not losing sleep over it, just thought it was curious.

monkey_00*

>>>Team Canada, Team rest of Canada.
But why limit it to just team quebec. You could probably make good teams from just about every province or region. Why not ask for a Team Ontario, Team Maritime, Team BC, Team Prairie Provinces (Team Saskatchewan would probably eat everyones' lunch). All these these teams would be pretty good (except for maybe the maritime one) but much like Canada, individually they would not be great but together, look out. I was just curious why you singled out one segment based on language but not the other. I'm not losing sleep over it, just thought it was curious.<<<

=============================

kickabrat.............

I asked for people's opinions on how a Series with Quebec VS English Canada would fair?................please forgive me but I still don't know what point you are trying to make over here........I asked a simple 2-part question.......I'm sorry that you're having such a tough time grasping what I was asking here.......Oh well.

Cheers!~

monkey_00

GTF

Feb 28, 2004
Kickabrat said:
But with Brodeur in nets you could put Alex Daigle on D.
Yeah, the Q has always been about greating goaltending and scoring.

mcphee

Feb 6, 2003
Visit site
GTF said:
Where's Aucoin from? I had no idea he was French. Bad assumption on my part.
He's from Ottawa, pretty sure he's bi-lingual, though I'm not sure which is his first language.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->