Team of the Decade: Columbus Blue Jackets Edition

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Go for it DSL. This one is not very debatable but how you can leave off Panarin for Foligno amazes me. Also that Dubi is the C is very telling as to the struggles of the century. Not sure there is another candidate but sheesh.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Go for it DSL. This one is not very debatable but how you can leave off Panarin for Foligno amazes me. Also that Dubi is the C is very telling as to the struggles of the century. Not sure there is another candidate but sheesh.
I think they gave undue weight to longevity. I'd have put Joey or Dubois over Dubinsky easily.

CharlotteJacket

Apr 11, 2013
Charlotte, NC
Foligno is the ultimate heart and soul player, but Panarin is hands down the most dangerous offensive player we've ever had.

PS...as much as I like all three of the forwards personally, that list is pretty indicative of why the Jackets have been so woeful with the exception of a few years.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Team of the decade (so 2010-2020). I'm doing a full lineup since the article only did one line. Keep in mind this lineup only includes how they played for us, not their career at large, because if we did that then players like Marian Gaborik, Nathan Horton, Scott Hartnell, Thomas Vanek, and others would make the list.

Rick Nash - Ryan Johansen - Artemi Panarin (yes I am aware Panarin is a LW)
Nick Foligno - Brandon Dubinsky - Cam Atkinson
Brandon Saad - Pierre-Luc Dubois - Josh Anderson
Matt Calvert - Artem Anisimov - Boone Jenner
Oliver Bjorkstrand, RJ Umberger

Zach Werenski - Seth Jones
Jack Johnson - David Savard
Fedor Tyutin - Ryan Murray
James Wisniewski

Sergei Bobrovsky
Steve Mason
(Korpisalo)

HM just missed the cut: Alex Wennberg, Antoine Vermette, Kristian Huselius, Scott Hartnell,

Reactions: rotsbu

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad