WC: Team Norway 2019

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018
Guys, I can't believe it - where is the roster debating thread on our beloved and uncommon scandinavian hockey nation NORWAY?!?! :naughty:

So, here's the hot news on Team Norway (Group B) as of April 22:

- Norway's best hockey player Mats Zuccarello-Aasen (Dallas Stars) won't join the team, even if his team gets eliminated in round 2 of the NHL playoffs. Recovery from injury and his contract situation.

Okay, we somehow feared that, but it gets worse:

- Norway's 2nd best hockey player (or 3rd best, if you believe that Patrick Thoresen is still number 2) Ken Andre Olimb (Düsseldorfer EG) is injured and won't play at the WHC either. :help:

- Ken Andre's brother Mathis Olimb (Skellefteå) and the other Norwegian (borderline) NHLer Andreas Martinsen (Chicago Blackhawks) are joining the team, as do college players Ludvig Hoff (Univ. of North Dakota, NCAA) and Tobias Fladeby (American International College, NCAA).

Here's the roster for the last exhibition matches vs. Team Denmark on April 26 and April 27.

GOAL
Henrik HaukelandTPS (FIN)
Henrik HolmStavanger
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
DEFENSE
Alexander BonsaksenKooKoo (FIN)
Christian BullStorhamar
Stefan EspelandVålerenga
Jonas HoløsFribourg (SUI)
Johannes JohannesenDüsseldorfer EG (GER)
Christian KåsastulFrisk Asker
Erlend LesundRögle BK (SWE)
Dennis SveumStavanger
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
OFFENSE
Kristian ForsbergStavanger
Michael HagaMora IK (SWE)
Jørgen KarterudKarlskrona (SWE)
Tommy KristiansenSparta Sarpsborg
Tobias LindströmVålerenga
Andreas MartinsenChicago Blackhawks (NHL)
Jacob Lundell NoerLillehammer
Mathis OlimbSkellefteå (SWE)
Thomas Valkvæ OlsenLeksand (SWE)
Alexander ReichenbergFärjestad BK (SWE)
Niklas RoestSparta Sarpsborg
Martin RøymarkVålerenga
Andreas SteneVålerenga
Mathias TrettenesKrefeld Pinguine (GER)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
A-landslaget menn: Nordic Cup 11.-27. april 2019

Last edited:
Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
this seems to be the final roster:

Målvakter (3)Klubb
Jonas ArntzenLeksand (SWE)
Henrik HaukelandTPS (FIN)
Henrik HolmStavanger
Backer (8)
Alexander BonsaksenKoo Koo (FIN)
Christian BullStorhamar
Stefan EspelandVålerenga
Jonas HoløsFribourg (SUI)
Johannes JohannesenStavanger
Christian KåsastulFrisk Asker
Erlend LesundRögle (SWE)
Mattias NørstebøFrölunda (SWE)
Løpere (14)
Kristian ForsbergStavanger
Michael HagaMora IK (SWE)
Tommy KristiansenSparta Sarpsborg
Tobias LindströmVålerenga
Andreas MartinsenChicago Black Hawks (NHL)
Sondre OldenVienna Capitals (AUT)
Mathis OlimbSkellefteå (SWE)
Mats Rosseli OlsenFrölunda (SWE)
Thomas Valkvæ OlsenLeksand (SWE)
Alexander ReichenbergFärjestad BK (SWE)
Niklas RoestSparta Sarpsborg
Martin RøymarkVålerenga
Patrick ThoresenStorhamar
Mathias TrettenesKrefeld Penguines (GER)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Thoresen - Haga - Valkvæ
Lindström - Olimb - Olden
Olsen - Reichenberg - Martinsen
Kristiansen - Trettenes - Roest

Holös - Nörstebö
Bonsaksen - Lesund
Espeland - Johannesen

Haukeland

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018
So, at least Patrick Thoresen :eek:, one of Norway's best players ever, ist still with the team after we didn't see him at the WHC last year. Awesome! :thumbu:

apoptygma

2-5-9-11
Apr 9, 2011
The best part about this rooster is that it is technically a rooster. Thankfully they usually plays good as a team, but goal is to avoid regulation.

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
Thoresen - Haga - Valkvæ
Lindström - Olimb - Olden
Olsen - Reichenberg - Martinsen
Kristiansen - Trettenes - Roest

Holös - Nörstebö
Bonsaksen - Lesund
Espeland - Johannesen

Haukeland

Well, this looks like a team which should beat Italy and thus avoid relegation, but nothing more. Norway significantly lacks fresh blood, there are basically two categories of players: Veterans who have their zenith some years past them and players who can be decent 3th-4th liners in the SHL or Liiga, but nothing more.

Reactions: Hagstrom

Heia Norge

Mar 14, 2012
Norway
Oh, it's only the biggest stars on a team not really having any.

Did I ever say anything about “star players”? I’m not claiming that these players are “star players” I just pointed out that these players are very important players for our national team. If you have followed the Norwegian national team over the past 7 -8 years or so you should know by now that without players like Matihs Olimb for example, we could easily go down to Div 1. Rosseli Olsen and Kristiansen are two important players as well.

We already have a fragile roster, the lack of talent is dreadful, I just hope we don’t get more players injured in this tournament.

Nexon

Apr 18, 2019
Did I ever say anything about “star players”? I’m not claiming that these players are “star players” I just pointed out that these players are very important players for our national team. If you have followed the Norwegian national team over the past 7 -8 years or so you should know by now that without players like Matihs Olimb for example, we could easily go down to Div 1. Rosseli Olsen and Kristiansen are two important players as well.

We already have a fragile roster, the lack of talent is dreadful, I just hope we don’t get more players injured in this tournament.
What is actually wrong? You have way more junior players and even rinks than say Austria and Denmark who definitely are up curve trend, even more than Belarus (which has many good prospects particularly this year)

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017

You may have misunderstood my take on this... :(

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->