Team North America 2020

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Some good young talent there but I doubt they go far, I also doubt you see a Team North America in the 2020 World Cup.

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight
I think the gimmick teams are defensible. The idea is to get as many of the top players in as possible, so you create Team NA for the Canada/US leftovers who are still very good players and Team Europe for the guys from obscure countries.

I'd prefer if they did away with them, but I get the idea.

gifted88

Dante the poet
Feb 12, 2010
Guelph, ON
Is the part where previous players are excluded only for the sake of the OP or is it an actual rule?

The idea has been floated out by some media, but they also think there may not be a team N/A or Europe as well. Nothing has been announced by the NHL though so it's all speculation.

So to answer your question, just a stipulation by the OP.

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
dumb ass bettman idea
no one care for the world cup of hockey lol

I do. It was unbelievable hockey. I didn't really like the system though.

Ya I actually loved watching it. Team NA was the most entertaining hockey I've seen in years.

Also the team listed will get stomped and Lefreniere likely makes it. I just don't see this upcoming team having the ability to succeed but will be just as entertaining.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
While there has been no announcement about rules governing players who'd already served a term with TNA, nor has there been anything about a TNA or even another tourney.

Howeve, assuming they go ahead with the same format as last time, I simply cannot envision McDavid, Matthews or Eichel playing for them. If they can't play for Canada and the US, I bet they threaten to sit.

I expect the same format and if you've played for TNA, you can then play for your national team.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
Debrincat should be a lock for the team and I'd consider both Debrusk and Patrick for their size and defensive play.

This team wouldn't compare to the last under 23 team at all. Due to McDavid and the defense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->