Team needs a couple stars

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Of course we need a few stars. Were operating way below the cap, we are short two great players moneywise

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Doesn't everyone have a bias? It would be truly amazing if you didn't.

Spezza is not having a good year but you are making outlandish statements about him. 4th line center? Seriously? Nowhere near a point a game? Even this year he's 0.76 pts/game and he's not been great. His last full season he had 84 pts in 80.

The thing I don't get about the Spezza bashing, is that people can go after him on so many legit things like not being defensively responsible, not being a leader, etc. But once they let the bias get the better of them, they make crazy statements like this that are 100% false.

And I don't mean to hijack this thread with Spezza talk like every other thread. My point is I agree with Fuhr that we need more stars, specifically a goal scoring winger to play with Spezza. We need to add to our depth, not dump the guys we have and end up in the same situation if not worse.

I do not see him bumping either Turris or Zibanejad at this point. Smith as the 3C plays a different, more physical role. Hence the comment about 4th line.

Spezza can bring back one of those "stars" Fuhr is talking about. For me the bias is being blinded one way or the other. My point is we have tried for some time to find people to play with him, including by a significant trade (Ryan). Has not worked.

Plus the roster gets tossed into a blender every night while PMac tries to find what might work. Clouston.2 If the problem is Spezza, and if we have tried since Heatley to get him what he needs and it has not worked, and if we do not have that personnel on the roster - then deal with the problem. If that is bias, then so be it.

Outlandish - just watch that game. He does not play it the way Maclean asks him to.

Sorry if that disturbs the force somehow. Its what I see happening.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
We're a one line team. Just smother the Turris line with shutdown players and the Sens wont score.

I like Ryan but in hindsight we should of targeted a different player to acquire.

I dont see us getting star forward unless Zibanejad or Lazar really breakout. Its gonna be hard unless we're picking in the top 5 sometime.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad