Team Branding Thread (Logo, Colors, Uniforms, etc.)

What should the Seattle NHL franchise be called?

• Total voters

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
I've always liked Sockeyes and Steelhead as rumored choices go, and lately I'm really liking Evergreens as well.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I expect the Sockeyes

Seattle-Sockeyes.jpg

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
From the NHL FAQ:

What about the name, logo and colors?
Sockeyes defeated Totems in the final of a four-round Seattle Times poll that attracted 146,144 votes. Metropolitans finished third. Next came Steelheads, Kraken, Sasquatch, Freeze and Emeralds.
"We paid close, close attention," Leiweke said.
NHL Seattle has been doing focus groups. Each day, Leiweke listens to suggestions and opinions.
"It's a process of really putting your ear to the track and understanding and hearing what fans feel and believe," Leiweke said. "That's the art form. The science is then bringing in professionals who can take direction and sentiment and begin to apply it to what practically could be a name and a logo that will stand the test of time. And I'm confident we'll land on the right thing.
"We want to be deliberate, but we're not going to rush this to the point we don't feel great about it."

bigbuffalo313

Apr 28, 2012
New York
If no Metropolitans, then I'd say either Kraken or Sea Lions. Then again, I'm from New York so I'm not sure how Seattle fans feel about the names

Pizza the Hutt

Game 6 Truther
Mar 22, 2012
Derivative of Chicago but I don't hate it.

Green/Blue is tough because the Canucks already own it in the NHL. Ideally Canucks move back to Black/Yellow/Orange and Seattle takes Yellow/Green.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Colors has not been 100% revealed yet and thus can change between now and when they announce the name, colors, jersey.

I'm hoping for green/yellow.

Green/yellow are sonic colors won't happen. OVG already said it won't be.

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
I'm not an insider or anything, but I wouldn't look too deeply into the jerseys today for clues.

The Bettman jersey matches the NHL shield and the Washington Wild jersey is likely a result of wanting a girl to represent the future of Seattle hockey and her playing for a team that happens to have red and black jerseys. If you're willing to disregard the fact that it's the Washington Wild, you should also perhaps disregard the colors. :laugh:

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Green/yellow would be cool.

They should do something unique like Vegas did and not something standard like red/black. Purple as a primary colour could be cool.

Reactions: jalperi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad