Team name and jersey ideas

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
To be fair.. just because it's another team sport name doesn't mean it hypothetically couldn't work out. (Cardinals, Jets, Giants, etc.)

It's a better name IMO than the Outlaws or the Fury.
Right, but those have been in existence for several decades…I just don’t think when it comes to the four major sports they are cool with recycling team names like that anymore. Also, they are making an 8 team name bracket to let fans choose from and that doesn’t appear to be one of them.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
To be fair.. just because it's another team sport name doesn't mean it hypothetically couldn't work out. (Cardinals, Jets, Giants, etc.)

It's a better name IMO than the Outlaws or the Fury.
Cards, Jets, Giants have all been around for decades though. Jets back in their WHA days and they opted to use the same name vs going with Moose which the AHL club was named.

Not sure in the 2020's that it's good to Raptors/Wolves/etc.

Reactions: Summer Rose

savagefund

Apr 25, 2024
Utah Scouts from Jim Bridger and others who scouted the area . Logo with a guy dressed similar to this statue.

1714069493729.png

rams

Feb 2, 2015
Canada
Saw something n the another forum about possibly hearing about the name and colors tomorrow? Hints are that they might just go with Utah Hockey Club, but, with official team colors.
'Bracket' style (elimination) voting on 8 names they are happy with... should be fun. I would assume their four 'real' favourites will be spread out. Hope a lot of Utah votes!

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
'Bracket' style (elimination) voting on 8 names they are happy with... should be fun. I would assume their four 'real' favourites will be spread out. Hope a lot of Utah votes!
I suspect you’re right about the spreading of the four favorites in the early brackets. I do think that the voting will be restricted to the 30K individuals who put down the $200 season ticket deposits. As a way to keep outsiders and trolls and bots at bay.

My tinfoil hat brainstorm…

The blue is the outline in the NHL to Utah ad

The purple is the color Ashley Smith wore on stage during the welcome 🙃
He said on 32T that he wanted the Jazz purple and a sky/fresh ice blue as part of the color scheme.

Immediately makes one recall the Jazz alternates:

A9063130-6FCB-400E-B2C5-599EF9A8B5F5.jpeg

Which is at least somewhat similar to the outlines on the hoodies and Mrs Smith’s pants.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
HT_paper_cup_jef_150624_16x9_992.jpg

I think of the early 90s and dixie cups when I see that color scheme. I'm hoping D&C can work their magic to make it work. Way too easy for purple to dominate everything and look bland. They need really, really strong contrasting details and kit ala Vegas.

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
I suspect you’re right about the spreading of the four favorites in the early brackets. I do think that the voting will be restricted to the 30K individuals who put down the $200 season ticket deposits. As a way to keep outsiders and trolls and bots at bay.

He said on 32T that he wanted the Jazz purple and a sky/fresh ice blue as part of the color scheme.

Immediately makes one recall the Jazz alternates:

View attachment 859649

Which is at least somewhat similar to the outlines on the hoodies and Mrs Smith’s pants.
Purple if done right can look extremely good, if done wrong can have the opposite affect.l

Green as well.

I don’t mind the color combo above..would be curious to see how it’s pulled off.

I hope they start the bracket soon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad