Team name and jersey ideas

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Between the KSL poll, this tweet, and the fact it will be a bracket....this will be the name unfortunately. Even before this tweet, I have to imagine Yetis is easily every kids favorite of the options and building a family brand is clearly important to Smith and fits perfect with the culture here.

Wrap it up folks, it's over
I believe you’re right. The only thing that could prevent this is if Yetis is left off the Qualtrics bracket. And the only reason it could be left off the bracket is if there’s some private concern over brand issues with the publicly traded consumer goods company YETI.

If they put the bracket out and Yetis is on the bracket, it’s a done deal, I think.

Puckrobber

Backup Netminder
Feb 28, 2016
Central Oklahoma
I believe you’re right. The only thing that could prevent this is if Yetis is left off the Qualtrics bracket. And the only reason it could be left off the bracket is if there’s some private concern over brand issues with the publicly traded consumer goods company YETI.

If they put the bracket out and Yetis is on the bracket, it’s a done deal, I think.
I wonder if Ryan reached out to the Yeti company about the name. If they had any issues with it, maybe a promotional tie-in or two, etc?

Reactions: Summer Rose

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Go Yets Go... 🤮
Yeet

TNk2tm.gif

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Mammoth is an interesting one. Honestly I am not so much a fan of Yeti, Blizzard or Venom all that much. Blizzard I guess is the best of those for a hockey team but with Avalanche right next door?

If it's going to be one of those maybe Blizzard with a yeti as the mascot or something. It fits a dark blue, ice blue, purple and white color scheme (could even get away with a dash of yellow) and works for Utah and ice hockey, and I guess the double z is present if that is important for the Jazz, which have never made sense for a Utah name.

I guess I could get used to Blizzard, just having the Avalanche already in the league right next door makes it a little weird.

Reactions: Prestigeworldwide

Puckrobber

Backup Netminder
Feb 28, 2016
Central Oklahoma
Watching FOX 13 4:00 news on my Roku app. Their poll for team name has Yeti running away with 50%, Blizzard had 23%, Outlaws with 14%. Everything else had less than 10%. They've also shown some of the press conference with Bear & B.A.

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
for you jersey designers another cool image creater is ideogram .. some on X are making some cool looking jerseys there...

It seems to allow more prompt language , like Chat GPT than Bing etc.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
You love it. I originally thought Blizzard was better. But now, I think Mammoth is the best of the 8. Is Mammoths plural though?
We can say Utamammoths
I kind of like Utah Mammoth. Definitely unique in sports (I think?). Mountain colours work.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad