Team name and jersey ideas

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I’m guessing it’s going to be Yetis, Outlaws or Blizzard. My money is on Blizzard. They can still use a Yeti secondary logo, use a yeti mascot and call the youth teams the Little Yetis. They can sell a ton of yeti merch. And the name has the ZZ symmetry with the Jazz. Plus Smith wants to show off the mountain theme. Blizzard does that well.
i can live with all this.

Socrates Karmanos

May 21, 2022
I’m kind of sad they won’t be able to continue with the Coyotes name and logos.

I was thinking Utah Arches, then Utah Archers as a play on that. But there’s already a lacrosse team with that name.

Stingers could be a cool callback to the Cincinnati Stingers.

Utah Mustangs or Condors would be acceptable. Spitballing: Utah Jackrabbits, Utah Atoms, Utah Prairie Dogs.

Reactions: Summer Rose

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
The out-of-left-field idea I had for the name was the Utah Red Rockers (a nod to the Bryce Canyon area). But then I thought that would make them run the risk of Sammy Hagar showing up, and nobody wants that.

Carbooja

Uncle Salaami
Jun 2, 2011
Brampton, Ontario
Guys Guys, I found this Jersey leak:

_566f5a21-162e-4936-be35-5d503c2bcc05.jpeg

Brodie

HACK THE BONE! HACK THE BONE!
Mar 19, 2009
Chicago
isn't there LDS lore about Bigfoot being some kind of demonic presence? I wonder if that will limit the ability of Yetis in the end

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
isn't there LDS lore about Bigfoot being some kind of demonic presence? I wonder if that will limit the ability of Yetis in the end
Urban legend/folklore about Bigfoot being Cain. As in Adam’s son who murdered his brother. It’s not a church position. Just kids stuff.

Shepard

Apr 13, 2012
Blizzard is my favorite suggestion so far. I don't love it, but it could grow on me, and I'm not feeling Yetis or Outlaws.

If they go with Blizzard we'll need to form bitter rivalries with the Avalanche and Hurricanes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad