Team name and jersey ideas

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Not sure ..

The state tree is the quacking Aspen
Oh snap, that's it! The largest organism on earth is in Utah and its name is Pando.

Utah Pando's doesn't sound cool by any stretch but it's just the way it has to be.

Reactions: Llewzaher

paulmm3

Mar 29, 2014
Utah Pioneers or Utah Outlaws with a slight preference for Pioneers. Something plural and sounds like a normal hockey team name and doesn't sound like a comic book name for kids (not Yeti).

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Utah Pioneers or Utah Outlaws with a slight preference for Pioneers. Something plural and sounds like a normal hockey team name and doesn't sound like a comic book name for kids (not Yeti).
They aren’t going for an old timey name. I love the idea of pioneers. But it ain’t happening. They’re going for something much more tech bro oriented.

paulmm3

Mar 29, 2014
They aren’t going for an old timey name. I love the idea of pioneers. But it ain’t happening. They’re going for something much more tech bro oriented.

See that's another good thing about Pioneers though. It could refer to 1800s discovering the American west pioneers. Or it could refer to the here and now, the pioneers of the future.

rt

May 13, 2004
See that's another good thing about Pioneers though. It could refer to 1800s discovering the American west pioneers. Or it could refer to the here and now, the pioneers of the future.
Solid angle. I’d love it as I said. I think they’d buy that in Portland Oregon. But with SLC I think they’re uniquely averse to anything that harkens back to those days. They’re really trying very hard to break with stereotypes. That’s one of the main reasons for the big push to bring in the NHL and the Olympics. They want to shine a spotlight on SLC as this progressive tech hub that’s a hip place for the best and brightest young people to move to. I think they want to be Austin or Nashville.

rt

May 13, 2004
Oh snap, that's it! The largest organism on earth is in Utah and its name is Pando.

Utah Pando's doesn't sound cool by any stretch but it's just the way it has to be.
Ok.

Name: Utah Alpines
Brand: Black Diamond design elements
Mascot: A Yeti named Pando

Reactions: Llewzaher

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Shredders

Then the player that gets 1st star of the game can be "Shredder Beast" :)

Name the mascot Beast and he can be a big Yeti.

But make him look like the abominable snowman from the microsoft ski free game.

TNUhX4PDJbvfaxfudGUZPY.jpg

Both terrifying, fun and nostalgic. The tech bros will love it.

Kaizen

Sep 30, 2004
Prince George B.C.

BA would like it - sticking with the bigger is better theme.

Reactions: Summer Rose

SjMilhouse

Jul 18, 2012
Their fin logo is the only decent log they’ve had. The rest look minor leagues. Especially the hockey stick part. So lame.
Could not disagree more. Those original sharks jerseys are incredible

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad