Team name and jersey ideas

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Has there been any mention of a fan vote for the name? The results don't have to be binding... it's not an official election.

Could come with something really nice like the Scottsdale Community College Artichokes.

Reactions: Summer Rose

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Have they said when the team name will be announced? Or even whether it will be Utah or Salt Lake?
Smith has confirmed it will be Utah. And he has said the name may not come in time for the start of the season. They may go with a placeholder name first. Like Utah HC.

The Ducks logo has evolved to now be one of the league worst. I liked the original angry duck old school goalie mask look.

View attachment 855632
I’ll count that as one.

Reactions: Summer Rose

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
Utah Hive

Sounds unique and kind of cool and the state is big on beekeeping with a beehive on their state flag.

rt

May 13, 2004
I wonder if this is an indication of the type of look and feel.

This is used on their ticket drive page, was the placeholder image for the press conference and was used in physical branding at the Delta Center.

8D82D855-94F4-4E7E-89D5-B4D276918176.jpeg

1508DF4D-DC81-4068-9719-E86FD531B27F.jpeg

So much was made of “Winter Sports” yesterday. They talked about their world class skiing and about the Olympics. They mentioned Park City. And Smith himself appeared windburned from the slopes.

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
Keep in mind that the Avalanche have a claim to the Yeti thing.
Their former mascot was a Yeti and their secondary logo is a Yeti foot.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
How about Utah Alpines

Yeah, that’s my thought. Charcoal, silver, white and steel blue.

This would all be great.

I just remembered, in the SLC airport there's a VERY long walk from one terminal to the the Southwest one (lots of people underestimate it and have to run through it). It has four murals, one for each season. They each incorporate very distinctive colors. To me both Arizona and Utah seem very aware of their Southwestern landscapes and tend to know how to incorporate it in public spaces. This gives me hope that we will see a more natural color pallet than some bright powder blues or purples.

Reactions: Puckrobber

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
How about Utah Alpines

Yeah, that’s my thought. Charcoal, silver, white and steel blue.

Moncton Wildcats were the Alpines for a season. Alpines name has been used there for awhile. Most of the logos have been pretty ho hum though. They were 80s teams and it looked like a beer logo. Maybe they could do something interesting with it.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Keep in mind that the Avalanche have a claim to the Yeti thing.
Their former mascot was a Yeti and their secondary logo is a Yeti foot.

The Avs dumped the yeti for bad behavior. Hilarious.

"Howler the Yeti was the first mascot for the Avalanche following their move to Colorado, and he was a giant Yeti that was ... kind of cool looking. He was ultimately retired though after he was involved in a “fracas” in the stands of the McNichols Sports Arena in 1999 that left a Chicago Blackhawks fan injured.Sep 24, 2018"

• Haha
Reactions: Daximus

rt

May 13, 2004
This would all be great.

I just remembered, in the SLC airport there's a VERY long walk from one terminal to the the Southwest one (lots of people underestimate it and have to run through it). It has four murals, one for each season. They each incorporate very distinctive colors. To me both Arizona and Utah seem very aware of their Southwestern landscapes and tend to know how to incorporate it in public spaces. This gives me hope that we will see a more natural color pallet than some bright powder blues or purples.
Someone talk me out of “Utah Alpines”

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
With more mountaneous logos you really have to try and avoid looking like a beer company. Coors, kokanee, busch, etc.

Beer companies both big and small really lean into that glacier fresh mountains look.

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
Utah loggers
Lumberjacks
Jacks

Crush
Rush
The NHLers
The offsides
Hornets?
Mammoths or Mammoth