Team name and jersey ideas

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
If they do Yetis I still want the logo to be extremely understated from a “Yeti” perspective. Make the Yeti face be part of the rock face. Make his beard he pine trees. Make his head be mountain peaks. Something like this but even less yeti like.

D1DA16FE-6629-473D-BEEB-1287CA1BA0CC.jpeg

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
If they do Yetis I still want the logo to be extremely understated from a “Yeti” perspective. Make the Yeti face be part of the rock face. Make his beard he pine trees. Make his head be mountain peaks. Something like this but even less yeti like.

View attachment 854964
Yeah I think that one is cool as well…give it a classic look not a cartoony one

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse

View attachment 854964

Agreed. I'd probably still wouldn't wear anything with it on unfortunately.

CorbeauNoir

Apr 13, 2010
If it wasn't for Columbus, my pick would be the Yellowjackets. Failing that, just keep it simple and go with the historical reference - Utah Eagles.

No idea why 'Yeti' has so much traction, something about it sounds like a minor-league team to me. Plus the Avs already have Yeti theming with their secondary crest so it's muddled from a branding perspective too.

Reactions: Brodie

bacon25

Unenthusiastic User
Nov 29, 2010
Group Study Room F
I know its a little religious but with New Orleans having the same name I think Utah Saints sounds good. I would also take Utah Frost over Utah Blizzards.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
@Foggy1097 those last five or so yeti logos are really starting to get at what I’m picturing. Especially for AI. Have to think a human could really come up with something very good in that same spirit of turning the mountain into the Yeti.

I wonder what those mountain yeti would look like in original Utah jazz colors.
90107B26-0A5C-4EBF-84D9-52CD0655C343.png

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
@Foggy1097 those last five or so yeti logos are really starting to get at what I’m picturing. Especially for AI. Have to think a human could really come up with something very good in that same spirit of turning the mountain into the Yeti.
Definitely. Could be done pretty seamlessly. I wonder if they’ll see it as low hanging fruit though and go for something a bit more unexpected.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
That’s it for me for now haha

Just occurred to me that those are the original mighty ducks colors. From the Disney movie.
I was trying to remember if that was right or not because it seemed really familiar. Still looks cool though I like it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad