Team name and jersey ideas

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Utah Sting or Swarm…I guess I’ll take a break on these for a while since it’s looking like no name is going to be announced for an entire year anyway. That’s crazy.

View attachment 854693View attachment 854694View attachment 854695View attachment 854696View attachment 854697
The Duracell Batteries + Snuggle Fabric Softener combo is actually a really neat color scheme. And somehow seems like SLC to me. I never would’ve imagined it and I’m a little shocked I like it. Good job!

Reactions: Summer Rose

EK392000

Mar 9, 2020
Apparently Blizzard, Fury and Venom have been trademarked already.

Blizzard is close to avalanche but there is the potential to use those beautiful purple Utah Jazz jerseys as inspiration for the jerseys.

Men's Mitchell & Ness John Stockton Purple Utah Jazz Hardwood Classics  Swingman Jersey

rt

May 13, 2004
Apparently Blizzard, Fury and Venom have been trademarked already.

Blizzard is close to avalanche but there is the potential to use those beautiful purple Utah Jazz jerseys as inspiration for the jerseys.

Men's Mitchell & Ness John Stockton Purple Utah Jazz Hardwood Classics  Swingman Jersey's Mitchell & Ness John Stockton Purple Utah Jazz Hardwood Classics  Swingman Jersey
I really dislike Fury and Blizzard. I could get behind “Venom”. Especially because it could be either snakes or bees.

CoJack

Sep 22, 2006
Saints. I am just glad they won't be using Coyotes just in case Arizona gets an expansion team.

Ice9

Jun 25, 2016
In the woods
STEAMERS, 1st transcontinental railroad was finished in Utah.
The DASH, also 1st transcontinental telegraph was in Utah.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
All I remember from my time in salt Lake city is antelope island. There had been some sort of hatching of an insect and I've never seen anything like it. After driving out my car smelt like dead flesh for weeks after from all the dead bugs. Couldn't get the smell out.

Also lots of pawn shops.

rt

May 13, 2004
Gotta pick a name. Starting with Utah HC is stupid.
I’m a little worried about the start of this new club.

I went on and on and on about ho they couldn’t rush this and it was too late to move because there was too much to do.

Now they’re moving into a dumpy, 40 year old 11K seat arena. The smallest, worst, and oldest (not counting MSG) arena in the league. They don’t have a final plan for a new arena. No set date or location.

They aren’t even going to name the team or give them any branding.

How the heck is the market supposed to get excited about this? It’s like they’re hiding the team. Mothballing it. Stashing it away for future use.

Reactions: Mosby

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Gotta use a name that will bring fans in and resonates with the locals. Can't have another arizona situation. So using a name that's a bit religious might be not a bad idea.

Reactions: Llewzaher

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona

I went on and on and on about ho they couldn’t rush this and it was too late to move because there was too much to do.

Now they’re moving into a dumpy, 40 year old 11K seat arena. The smallest, worst, and oldest (not counting MSG) arena in the league. They don’t have a final plan for a new arena. No set date or location.

How the heck is the market supposed to get excited about this? It’s like they’re hiding the team. Mothballing it. Stashing it away for future use.
Apparently they already have 6,000 season tickets deposits…but yeah, I agree. How is 6 months not enough time to come up with a team name?

Reactions: Stanley Thermos

stlwahoo

Feb 27, 2008
MO
I would troll the whole league and call them the Salt Lake Greats. That's how u make enemies & friends.

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
I love the Stingers idea.

I would troll the league by having Sting do the goal song and have Sting come down from the rafters to drop the first puck.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
fyi.... the Utah Grizzlies welcome the Utah NHL Club (Coyotes) to Utah.... so it appears there will be hockey continuing on next season in Maverik Center/West Valley City, UT

Reactions: Puckrobber

Brodie

HACK THE BONE! HACK THE BONE!
Mar 19, 2009
Chicago

If they are really interested in doing the double Z thing with Blizzards to match the Jazz, I think they should seriously look into buying the Grizzlies and stealing the name.

This would slot in well if the Phoenix AHL plan goes off, because they could just move the ECHL team to Tucson

Brodie

HACK THE BONE! HACK THE BONE!
Mar 19, 2009
Chicago

I agree, I also just think it’s kind of strange because the only thing you really need is a name. The Jets example proves that once you have that, they can quickly come up with a logo and a jersey.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
If they are really interested in doing the double Z thing with Blizzards to match the Jazz, I think they should seriously look into buying the Grizzlies and stealing the name.

This would slot in well if the Phoenix AHL plan goes off, because they could just move the ECHL team to Tucson
EXISTING TEAM ISN'T GOING ANYWHERE in West Valley City and SEG doesn't own the ECHL Team... in fact, the opposite has occurred according to the Grizzlies social media.... there hadn't been a Coyotes E Team since Atlanta ended the affiliation for Nashville at the end of last season.... there is no Phoenix team either.... it's Tucson replacing Utah at Mullett all but confirmed as the sidebar uner this contract as they likely will give OVG the 180 day notice effective at the end of the Tucson season.... otherwise nothing changes as Tucson likely remains the Utah affiliate.... remember, Colorado is the current affiliate of the Utah Grizzlies much like the Avalanche bought and promoted Loveland, CO aka Colorado Eagles from the ECHL to AHL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad