Agostino/SDA/Barabanov
Petan/Brooks/Bracco

Rielly/Holl
Sandin/Ceci
Marincin/Gravel

*Based on Mitch Nylanders Thread*

Einzakin

Jan 20, 2011
Tavares D pairings much better IMO. Rielly easily best defender. The top line looks weak on Matthews team with Engvall. Hyman/Marner > Engvall/Willy. Micheyev is a TSN turning point for me. He's just much better than Kerfoot and Kap.

Reactions: Lauro

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Tavares team pretty easily. The only top 9 players better on team Matthew's than team tavares are matthews(better than JT), nylander (better than hyman) and probably goat (better than SDA)

The remaining 6 spots are all team tavares.

The defense is also much better for team Tavares. Rielly is the best defender out of both teams and holl is >> lilijgren rn. Dermott is better than sandin and Barrie and ceci are both close.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Assuming both teams have Andersen, lol.
I think Team B got more skills while Team A got more grit and sandpaper.
From the few comments, people choose Team B over Team A due to skills but didn’t we debated over the past few years about the lack of Sandpaper on the team and just having Hyman is not enough.
Going to choose Team A due to being a more all around team and in a 7 games Playoff Series, team with size, grit and skill will usually beat out teams with just skill.

Reactions: Its not your fault

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
No idea.

I do like having extra centers. If your top guy goes down who replaces him?

And you want someone on defense that can provide some grit and knows how to play defense.

Maybe one is a regular season team and the other better for playoffs.

Matthews34

Oct 9, 2009
Uxbridge
Tavares was a bad signing July 2018 and it remains a worse signing today. His contract is the reason MNM are paid what they are paid which equates to a loss of about 5 million in cap space. He's very overrated.

I've been saying this for a while:

John Tavares

Last edited:

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
Tavares was a bad signing July 2018 and it remains a worse signing today. His contract is the reason MNM are paid what they are paid which equates to a loss of about 5 million in cap space. He's very overrated.

I've been saying this for a while:

John Tavares
I don't agree he's over-rated, JT is one of the top centers in the game period , or was at the time at least but it was a horrible signing , and that 5 million is way low , no JT and we let Nylander sit in Europe if he still tries the holdout then for sure we get Mathews and Marner for 8 million each max , just look at the comps before you guys chirp , and if Nylander holds out then he goes to Europe till he's 27 or comes back for 4 million x the remaining RFA years this means no 11 for JT a savings of at least 3 each for M & M and a savings of 3 for Nylander , thats 20 million to replace JT with a younger version of him and build a proper D coprs . JT is a great center but that signing killed all the great work we had done rebuilding and that is 100% Dubas's fault .

Reactions: Matthews34

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad