WC: Team Latvia Roster

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
Elvis should start against Switzerland, right?
Hartley is a pretty big believer in 'winners don't change their lineup'

Common sense says otherwise

What's going to prevail - no idea.

Elvis should be the one starting, obviously.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I hope Elvis gets in and gets some game time against Switzerland. I'm looking forward to seeing how he does. I can't want to see him in the NHL in a CBJ uniform next season.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
Yeah, it's been confirmed that
ELVIS IS IN THE BUILDING

Elvis starts vs. Switzerland.

I'm guessing the player of the game award went to Gudlevskis yesterday as a thank you gift for being his replacement during this entire time. Because it didn't make a whole lot of sense otherwise.

Now it's Elvis time

Reactions: king89

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
Abols out with a broken finger

f***.

1 proper centre forward left now, apart from Batna

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
oh no, you guys are really hit with bad luck :help:
Yup, it's called Latvian luck.

Abols didn't play in the 3rd period against the Swiss and you could notice the impact with a naked eye instantly. With the Abols line out and with Batna and Gegeris playing more minutes, the game became more disjointed and the Swiss took over.

Tough loss.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Someone has to seduce Zemgus bride so the wedding gets canceled
Sounds like you have a weekend project on your hands :sarcasm:

Tough news about Abols though, such a pleasure watching him play.. And this team, from best ever, kind of became the usual thing.. Sucks.

For lack of a better thread, Rihards Bukarts got signed by Dusseldorf which would seem like the best option, lower-mid echelon DEL team and 2nd line role to fight for.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
Sounds like you have a weekend project on your hands :sarcasm:

Tough news about Abols though, such a pleasure watching him play.. And this team, from best ever, kind of became the usual thing.. Sucks.

For lack of a better thread, Rihards Bukarts got signed by Dusseldorf which would seem like the best option, lower-mid echelon DEL team and 2nd line role to fight for.
Yeah, I wonder if I will ever see a Latvian dream team on the ice during my lifetime.

2nd tier countries like Latvia, Norway, Germany usually don't miss a dozen players. We do.

It's almost funny how everyone's used to how mediocre we are, but to see the potential and to miss out on so many leading players every single f***ing time just hurts.

As for Bukarts Jr., I'm happy for him, he's a good energy guy. If he was playing in the KHL, he would be buried, his playing style would turn one-dimensional. Sort of like Girgensons became a one-dimensional 4th-line scrub even though he had more skill and finesse to his play in junior hockey.

Playing in DEL and getting some decent minutes is a lot better for the national team. Same for Freibergs with Czech Extraliga, the older Bukarts, etc.

But, yeah, Rihards wouldn't even be playing if we had 3-4 leadig forwards available. But I'm still holding on to my opinion that he's going to be a 0.70+ ppg guy in DEL already next season :D

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
Bicevskis has been added to the roster.

He has a couple of decent KHL seasons in his resume, he does have some skill and decent hands, but he's small and thin and not good enough of a skater for such a small frame.

Basically the idea probably is to plug him in the 2nd or 3rd line C slot. If he only gets offensive zone starts that could work I guess. :D Otherwise the drop in quality is going to be obvious.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
What happened to my boy Oskars Bartulis? I see he's only played 15 games in the KHL this year, has he been injured?
He's no longer invited to the national team since he changed his citizenship or at least tried to.

And, yes, he's had a couple of injuries.

I don't think he'll ever suit up for the national team and it's a good riddance, too.

KaakoKappo

May 14, 2019
Can anyone explain why is Miks Indrasis playing in 4th line? I have thought him to be one of your best players.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Probably won't play there, Hartley is known to mix up the official lineup and afterwards playing with totally different lines.

Reactions: KaakoKappo

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
Merzlikins has signed a new one-way deal with CBJ.

Not very surprising. Hope he gets at least a couple of dozen starts in the NHL.

LKI

May 15, 2016
Jūrmala
Dzierkals really needs to put on some mass. He is physically inferior to pretty much any opponent.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
Dzierkals really needs to put on some mass. He is physically inferior to pretty much any opponent.
Yeah. I have to admit I have overrated him somewhat. His skating is mediocre and he's lacking in upper body strength. If you can't beat someone with your speed, you have to win the puck battle near the boards and not fall on your ass every other time.

He needs to lift some weights. His hands are great, but that's not good enough at this level.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Yeah. I have to admit I have overrated him somewhat. His skating is mediocre and he's lacking in upper body strength. If you can't beat someone with your speed, you have to win the puck battle near the boards and not fall on your ass every other time.

He needs to lift some weights. His hands are great, but that's not good enough at this level.

I do wonder how you came to this conclusion. I have not been impressed.

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
We need more skilled players and we need them fast is all I can say.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad