Olympics: Team Korea in 2018 Olympics

baronsforever

May 20, 2014
http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20140425001090

No, for automatic qualification it is said 18th place. So probably SK need to light it up during the qualifier tournaments!

Wouldn't surprise me if the "18th" place could be discussed if Korea at least come close it. It is the right thing to at least push the South Koreans to be as good as possible.

Exactly, thanks for supplying the source. Just by the math it would take a major miracle for them to even get in the top 20, so it looks like they will have to play their way in.

BladesofSTEELwFIRE

Feb 15, 2010
Japan did ok in ice hockey in the 98 Nagano Olympics. I mean they didn't win a game but they didn't lose 10-0 or anything.

It's nice to see different teams play hockey for a change! They just should make sure Korea doesn't play the USA, Canada, or Russia to avoid embarassment!

BladesofSTEELwFIRE

Feb 15, 2010
Actually they did win a game, beating Austria after a shootout in a classification game.

I meant during the main Olympics in Nagano, the qualification 1st round. They played 3 games and lost to France and Germany but tied Belarus. I would think Korea could stay close against those teams except maybe Germany.

jekoh

Jun 8, 2004
I meant during the main Olympics in Nagano, the qualification 1st round. They played 3 games and lost to France and Germany but tied Belarus. I would think Korea could stay close against those teams except maybe Germany.
The game Japan won was also during the main Olympics in Nagano.

Teams knocked out in the first round then played classification games, 2nd of one group vs 2nd of the other group, etc.

BladesofSTEELwFIRE

Feb 15, 2010
It would be SO cool if Japan could make a regular appearance at the IIHF World Championships every April/May. It would be good if Korea could do it too but Japan is the best Asian team in the world now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad