GDT: Team is in Florida tonight

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Even if we by a miracle sign John Tavares, there's no way we're making the playoffs with a Ward/Darling tandem. We're just not.

Thankfully, the Canes have been pretty clear that they're not gonna try that, the question is whether Darling gets bought out or given a chance to recover in the AHL. Given Grubauer's play, I really hope we're eying Holtby.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Thankfully, the Canes have been pretty clear that they're not gonna try that, the question is whether Darling gets bought out or given a chance to recover in the AHL. Given Grubauer's play, I really hope we're eying Holtby.
I really like(d) Holtby but with the year he's had, I'd be concerned with acquiring him especially considering we would have to pay abunch being divisional "rivals"

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
I’d rather have Grubauer. Holtby is such a headcase that I think he’d likely have a breakdown behind our group.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
If somebody put together a youtube of every goal that Darling has let in this year with like a yakkity sax background that'd be great
giphy.gif

maybe if they were paid for the 2-3 days work to make it

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
For all the Derek Ryan hate, he’s still providing value at a cheap price. He shouldn’t be the scapegoat, he does his job. The failure of all the guys ahead of him is obviously the problem. A third/fourth line center that can score 10-20 goals for around a million bucks is generally considered a very good thing.

We use him too much? Not his fault. We can’t find anyone better? Again not his fault. Maybe Wallmark gets his spot, but if he comes back there’s some pretty obvious reasons why. He has produced for cheap.

If he stays next year and they move Lindy back to wing permanently I’m gonna be pissed too. Not at him though.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
For all the Derek Ryan hate, he’s still providing value at a cheap price. He shouldn’t be the scapegoat, he does his job. The failure of all the guys ahead of him is obviously the problem. A third/fourth line center that can score 10-20 goals for around a million bucks is generally considered a very good thing.

We use him too much? Not his fault. We can’t find anyone better? Again not his fault. Maybe Wallmark gets his spot, but if he comes back there’s some pretty obvious reasons why. He has produced for cheap.

If he stays next year and they move Lindy back to wing permanently I’m gonna be pissed too. Not at him though.

It was sure as hell his fault when he went scoreless in 13 games in January and February, or had 3 points in 21 games around a similar time when we were still in it. He's not a good player. Don't reward bad players like Ryan and PDG for finally getting hot when the teams we're playing mostly no longer care.

Of course some of his issues stem from moron coaches, but he's responsible for his own useless play. And he's not providing cheap value, because him producing now isn't the least bit valuable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->