WC: Team Germany 2019

ebergeist

Apr 29, 2018
Finnland
Tuomie-Michaelis-Bokk has been a good line so far, if continue this way, I would be tempted to bring them all to the tournament. Söderholm has a positive problem concerning the roster.

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018
Tuomie-Michaelis-Bokk has been a good line so far, if continue this way, I would be tempted to bring them all to the tournament. Söderholm has a positive problem concerning the roster.

Oh yeah, offensively definitely. Imagine who's still missing from the roster. 4 NHLers (Drai, Kahun, Kühnhackl, Rieder) and many core players from Munich & Mannheim (with Eisenschmid being red-hot). We'll have loads of good players on our special teams, if everybody gets on board.
Looks a bit different on the defensive side of our game though.
Islanders need to drop out of the POs soon btw. :D

Reactions: ebergeist

ebergeist

Apr 29, 2018
Finnland
Still waiting info on Draisaitl. Söderholm said that none of the NHL players have said no so this is a good sign. Nico Sturm has some exams and still waits what minnesota has in store for him.

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018
This would be my version of an ideal roster for the upcoming tournament.
A quite exciting group of forwards - first three lines have a lot of offensive potential, and Gerrit Fauser is back to lead our shutdown line. Our goalgetters Brooks Macek and Leo Pföderl are back as well, and the red-hot duo Dominik Bokk and Markus Eisenschmid will be just perfect for our powerplay, and allow us to form 2 dangerous units.
However, we'll have a less seasoned defense with the departure of the Seidenberg brothers. Others like Holzer, Mo.Müller and Abeltshauser will have to step up as new leaders. Very excited to see how Moritz Seider will do.

#42 Yasin Ehliz#29 Leon Draisaitl (A)#58 Markus Eisenschmid
#12 Brooks Macek#72 Dominik Kahún#83 Leo Pföderl
#15 Dominik Bokk#50 Patrick Hager#13 Stefan Loibl
#65 Marc Michaelis#43 Gerrit Fauser#14 Tom Kühnhackl
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
#92 Marcel Noebels
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
#5 Korbinian Holzer (C)#93 Simon Sezemsky
#53 Moritz Seider#91 Moritz Müller (A)
#7 Daryl Boyle#16 Konrad Abeltshauser
#11 Marco Nowak#41 Jonas Müller
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
#30 Philipp Grubauer
#1 Thomas Greiss
#31 Niklas Treutle
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Still waiting info on Draisaitl. Söderholm said that none of the NHL players have said no so this is a good sign. Nico Sturm has some exams and still waits what minnesota has in store for him.

Draisaitl's contract is a big problem. When he was on his ELC the cost for insurance was no problem, but now after his big pay day the DEB will find it difficult to scrape together enough money to afford the necessary insurance.
Hopefully they can find a sponsor or something.

Reactions: Retroglyphs

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Draisaitl's contract is a big problem. When he was on his ELC the cost for insurance was no problem, but now after his big pay day the DEB will find it difficult to scrape together enough money to afford the necessary insurance.

Last year it was a bigger issue, now I think he has gained so much higher profile in Germany that at least insurance questions for sure won't prevent anything.

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Yes, good idea, I agree.
I hope Söderholm reads this, and acts now. :naughty:

I am sure he already has Sezemsky in his mind, but he just lost in game 7 with Augsburg, so he will probably get a few more days off.
I am really curious to see what the roster looks like once the players from Cologne and Augsburg join as well as Dominik Kahun.

After today's game vs. Czech Republic there is no way Söderholm cuts Bokk. The more I watch him play in these games, the more I think he will make it.

ebergeist

Apr 29, 2018
Finnland

Didn‘t DEB already comment that insirance is not a problem, that is covered.

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018
I am sure he already has Sezemsky in his mind, but he just lost in game 7 with Augsburg, so he will probably get a few more days off.
I am really curious to see what the roster looks like once the players from Cologne and Augsburg join as well as Dominik Kahun.

After today's game vs. Czech Republic there is no way Söderholm cuts Bokk. The more I watch him play in these games, the more I think he will make it.

I was never really in doubt that he'd make it. Watched him playing in Sweden, and realized that he'd make our team better, especially on the powerplay. Imagine him, Drai, Eisenschmid, Kahun and a good defender on the same unit - mouth-watering! :eek:

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
3 Point game for Bokk. The kid certainly has some serious Talent. We don't get These types of prospects too often.

Agreed, although we do have a nice run right now, with Bokk, Seider and Stützle and some other prospects that would have been our top prospects in years past but are now a tier below.
That is now 3 years in a row with a special prospect for German hockey. Someting I could definitely get used to, but it probably won't continue like that.

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018
As we go along some of the regular guys on our team's offense could get nervous that players like Bergmann or Michaelis might snatch their roster spots. :sarcasm: Luxury problem! :D

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018

""

Last edited:

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018
I didn‘t know he was even asked to join the team, he was little bit off this season anyways. I see him as one of those players that are on the way out, the modern generation is taking over.

Right, he had a weak season, I think him and a couple of others like Markus Kink, Frank Mauer and David Wolf from the silver medal-winning team would probably not have earned a spot on the roster anyway. To his credit though, he has always been a reliable, hard worker on this team; he had great chemistry on that line with Patrick Hager and played a vital part in the olympic success.

Last edited:

ebergeist

Apr 29, 2018
Finnland
Right he had a weak season, I think him and a couple of others like Markus Kink, Frank Mauer and David Wolf from the silver medal-winning team would probably not have earned a spot on the roster anyway. To his credit though, he has always been a reliable, hard worker on this team; he had great chemistry on that line with Patrick Hager and played a vital part in the olympic success.

This offtopic from my part but David Wolf always has a place in my team. Such a warrior and does anything for the team.

Retroglyphs

Mar 23, 2018
This offtopic from my part but David Wolf always has a place in my team. Such a warrior and does anything for the team.

He is. Some wouldn't expect it, but he has some decent hands as well.
And still, his time and the time of some of the other guys seems to be drawing to a close since Sturm has opened the floodgates of youth, and Söderholm continues right there. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad