WC: Team GB 2019 Roster

Matt UK

Mar 31, 2012
Wales, UK
I think the only way KHL would work here is with some serious investment into converting an arena and marketing, ideally it would include a commitment to invest in youth development and coaching too.

I think the window where it may have been a fleeting possibility has been and gone.

Change of topic, what do you guys think happens to Bowns this summer? Hard to see him coming back to the Devils, Germany perhaps??

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
I think the only way KHL would work here is with some serious investment into converting an arena and marketing, ideally it would include a commitment to invest in youth development and coaching too.

I think the window where it may have been a fleeting possibility has been and gone.

Change of topic, what do you guys think happens to Bowns this summer? Hard to see him coming back to the Devils, Germany perhaps??

rumours of Denmark & Austria but who knows.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Will be interesting to see amongst the younger, more "talented" guys if anyone makes a big jump next year and makes the team in Switzerland...

Brown, Buesa, Shudra, Hook, Griffiths, Waller, Duggan... hopefully at least one establishes themselves as a legit top 6 EIHLer in 19-20.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
Will be interesting to see amongst the younger, more "talented" guys if anyone makes a big jump next year and makes the team in Switzerland...

Brown, Buesa, Shudra, Hook, Griffiths, Waller, Duggan... hopefully at least one establishes themselves as a legit top 6 EIHLer in 19-20.

best odds are Cownie and you left him off the list :sarcasm:

Scott Conway would be a nice addition too, if his AHL schedule doesn't conflict.

Reactions: Appleyard

GBHockey

Jun 2, 2018
Team GB #1 Ben Bowns re-signs in Cardiff (EIHL) for the coming season.

Disappointing.

ChaiTiefling

Aug 29, 2006
Manchester, UK
According to him he had one offer (believed to be Denmark), but he's about to get married and has a mortgage to pay. Sounds like it's not an option for now but may be in future.

ChaiTiefling

Aug 29, 2006
Manchester, UK
Does Scott Conway actually play for Britain? He doesn't seem to have represented in a while.
He's definitely interested, but so far I believe his club seasons have clashed with the WCs. He was available this year but wasn't picked, either the final entry list had already been decided or Providence wanted him staying in NA.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
He's definitely interested, but so far I believe his club seasons have clashed with the WCs. He was available this year but wasn't picked, either the final entry list had already been decided or Providence wanted him staying in NA.
There's no way that a player in the AHL wouldn't make the team. It must have been Providence keeping him around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad