WC: Team Finland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finnished

Jan 31, 2013
Lehkonen's father was interviewed on Radio Rock this morning and he said he hopes Artturi won't come to the WC because he has been injured a lot and on some strong meds.

Finnswiss

Apr 28, 2013
I'm so sad that Marjamäki is still the coach of the finnish NT. Under him even the top finnish NHL player are not able to retrieve their potential as we saw it at the last World Cup. All top NHL player played but they didn't win any game under Marjamäki.
So it doesn't matter who plays we only can wait for Jukka Jalonen he can't be worse than Marjamäki.

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
I'm so sad that Marjamäki is still the coach of the finnish NT. Under him even the top finnish NHL player are not able to retrieve their potential as we saw it at the last World Cup. All top NHL player played but they didn't win any game under Marjamäki.
So it doesn't matter who plays we only can wait for Jukka Jalonen he can't be worse than Marjamäki.
And it is huge for our future that Jalonen has already coached our kids to the gold. He'll get many players for every tournement if they are healthy.

illone84

Sep 15, 2005
London
And it is huge for our future that Jalonen has already coached our kids to the gold. He'll get many players for every tournement if they are healthy.
Laine already said he doesn't want to play the trap. Good to know Jalosen Jukka let's the new generation play a more competitive style like in the 2016 wjc.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Damn, just noticed that. Any updates? Wonder if he'll play the last 2 games for Florida.

They would probably put him out there playing even with a minor injury as they still have a slight shot to get into playoffs. Very slight. My point is that even if we do see him play with Florida, we can't say he's healthy enough for the WHC with a certainty.

Lepardi

Jan 1, 2008
Finland
They would probably put him out there playing even with a minor injury as they still have a slight shot to get into playoffs. Very slight.

It's now certain that he Panthers are out of the playoffs before their game tonight. But Barkov was ruled out before they knew that. Colby Cave certainly didn't do Finland's WC hopes any favors. I hope Tuukka gives him a good whack with his goalie stick in practice cause I don't think Cave will be playing against the Panthers tomorrow.

illone84

Sep 15, 2005
London
It's now certain that he Panthers are out of the playoffs before their game tonight. But Barkov was ruled out before they knew that. Colby Cave certainly didn't do Finland's WC hopes any favors. I hope Tuukka gives him a good whack with his goalie stick in practice cause I don't think Cave will be playing against the Panthers tomorrow.
His injury doesn't require surgery, so it's not that serious. Had Florida made the playoffs, Barkov would have been back in the lineup. Still a good chance that he participates in Denmark.

Lepardi

Jan 1, 2008
Finland
Still a good chance that he participates in Denmark.

I'm very doudtful about this but I obviously hope I'm wrong. He now has a very solid reason for declining even though he would have been ready to go had the Panthers made the playoffs.

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
If Barkov doesn't join, it'll be solely because he's got an injury that doesn't allow him to play.

Additionally, I think Borgström should definitely be given a camp invite.

And in the other news, Pokka has confirmed he'll join if asked.

Last edited:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
His injury doesn't require surgery, so it's not that serious. Had Florida made the playoffs, Barkov would have been back in the lineup. Still a good chance that he participates in Denmark.

If it's the type of injury that requires a long resting period, there's no chance he'll play at the Worlds.

illone84

Sep 15, 2005
London
If Barkov doesn't join, it'll be solely because he's got an injury that doesn't allow him to play.

Good news about Pokka! Glad he is in.

Let’s see what happens with Barkov.

illone84

Sep 15, 2005
London
Since the Panthers had a chance to make the playoffs, injury information and lenght is kept to minimum so that teams wouldn't exploit it.
Sounds to me like you are speculating that his injury is worse than day to day.
We'll find out soon enough just how serious it is, and if he will play or not.

Finnswiss

Apr 28, 2013

Who is Borgström? I've never heard of him. Does he play in the NHL or in the finnish Liiga or may be in the KHL or in Swedish league? His name sounds more Swedish than Finnish, is his father Swedish?

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
Who is Borgström? I've never heard of him. Does he play in the NHL or in the finnish Liiga or may be in the KHL or in Swedish league? His name sounds more Swedish than Finnish, is his father Swedish?
Borgström is a Panthers prospect (2016, 1st round, #23 overall) who played four games in the NHL this season. As for his ethnicity, he is a so-called Fennoswede. They're a minority group in Finland. They're not Swedish and don't necessarily have Swedish relatives either, they're simply native Finns who just happen to speak Swedish as first language and (often, but not always) have names that are of Swedish origin. Most of these families have ancestors who have been living in Finland for centuries.

Finnished

Jan 31, 2013
I have a feeling this year's team will be worse than the Olympic team since even Europen players like Koskinen might say no thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad