Team Finland (Official roster)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Mikko Koivu and Antti Miettinen are both available now that their teams have knocked out of the AHL playoffs, but I doubt they'll be selected. :(

Hassan

Apr 18, 2005
Jussi said:
Mikko Koivu and Antti Miettinen are both available now that their teams have knocked out of the AHL playoffs, but I doubt they'll be selected. :(

Helsingin Sanomat wrote today that Mikko Koivu is likely to replace Petri Pakaslahti, if called to the national team. I'd take Koivu instead of Pakaslahti any time. I don't think Miettinen will be needed. In addition, he had a rather poor season

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
Hassan said:
Helsingin Sanomat wrote today that Mikko Koivu is likely to replace Petri Pakaslahti, if called to the national team. I'd take Koivu instead of Pakaslahti any time. I don't think Miettinen will be needed. In addition, he had a rather poor season

Huh?? Miettinen had much better season than Koivu, he lead his AHL team in PPG and +/-.

Defensively very responsible, lots of offensive potential, can play almost every role...Miettinen is ahead of Hagman, Hentunen and Jokinen on my lists.

mikkoz

May 9, 2003
now, here!
Finland vs Denmark - April 30

So if nothing bad happens in tomorrows practise Team Finland will start the game with following lines

In goal: Fredrik Norrena

1. Line: Ville Peltonen-Olli Jokinen-Tomi Kallio
Antti-Jussi Niemi-Petteri Nummelin

2. Line: Timo Pärssinen-Niko Kapanen-Jukka Hentunen
Kimmo Timonen-Jere Karalahti

3. Line: Niklas Hagman-Riku Hahl-Jani Rita
Ossi Väänänen-Lasse Kukkonen

4. Line: Jarkko Ruutu-Petri Pakaslahti-Mikko Eloranta
Pekka Saravo

Jussi Jokinen

Vapise Danmark!

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
mikkoz said:
So if nothing bad happens in tomorrows practise Team Finland will start the game with following lines

In goal: Fredrik Norrena

1. Line: Ville Peltonen-Olli Jokinen-Tomi Kallio
Antti-Jussi Niemi-Petteri Nummelin

2. Line: Timo Pärssinen-Niko Kapanen-Jukka Hentunen
Kimmo Timonen-Jere Karalahti

3. Line: Niklas Hagman-Riku Hahl-Jani Rita
Ossi Väänänen-Lasse Kukkonen

4. Line: Jarkko Ruutu-Petri Pakaslahti-Mikko Eloranta
Pekka Saravo

Jussi Jokinen

Vapise Danmark!

Except for Rita taking Jokinen's spot, it looks very solid. I'd rather have Bäckas in goal, but it's so close between the two that we can't go wrong... The one that goes in with confidence should be given the starter's job and not lose it...

mikkoz

May 9, 2003
now, here!
Im quite tired of continous crying from certain people here.

"we need more snipers"
Slovakia and Russia is full of talent and snipers but they ended up with as good result as our poor squad.

"norrena is far more worse than bäckström"
And Brodeaur sucked yesterday Luongo is much better..

"why x is not in the team"
Because Erkka didnt choose him.

Well just keep up the good work theres allways space for good criticism.

mikkoz

May 9, 2003
now, here!
mikkoz said:
"norrena is far more worse than bäckström"
And after yesterdays disaster Erkka has been active and has done some changes:

In goal: Bäckström

16 Ville Peltonen-12 Olli Jokinen-71 Tomi Kallio.
27 Timo Pärssinen-39 Niko Kapanen-25 Jukka Hentunen.
14 Niklas Hagman-8 Jussi Jokinen-28 Jani Rita.
37 Jarkko Ruutu-20 Petri Pakaslahti-22 Mikko Eloranta.
23 Riku Hahl

7 Antti-Jussi Niemi-3 Petteri Nummelin
4 Kimmo Timonen-10 Jere Karalahti
6 Ossi Väänänen-2 Lasse Kukkonen,
5 Pekka Saravo

Its a good thing that Jussi Jokinen gets more ice-time, and first line better shape it UP!!

Noutaja

Aug 29, 2004
The thing I can not understand is how Pakaslahti is still kept on the team and Viuhkola out. The only area where he is better than Viuhkola is face-offs, and even in that he is still not good enough in this level to justify his inclusion based on that skill alone. :shakehead

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Noutaja said:
The thing I can not understand is how Pakaslahti is still kept on the team and Viuhkola out. The only area where he is better than Viuhkola is face-offs, and even in that he is still not good enough in this level to justify his inclusion based on that skill alone. :shakehead
Pakaslahti is also a better skater than Viuhkola.. Westerlund is "playing it safe" but Pakaslahti's skating makes him a faster puck-loser ;)

Noutaja

Aug 29, 2004
mattihp said:
Pakaslahti is also a better skater than Viuhkola.. Westerlund is "playing it safe" but Pakaslahti's skating makes him a faster puck-loser ;)
Oh yes, Viuhkola probably would lose if he and Pakaslahti had speed skating contest. And for Westerlund that is obviously more important than the fact that Viuhkola´s hockey sense, positioning and puck handling skills are much better.

One just wonders how Raimo Helminen ever got place in national team, as the reincarnation of young Helminen is ousted by guys like Pakaslahti and Hahl (thought the latter has in my opinion very much to give as grinding winger)...

Padawan

Former power tripper
Dec 31, 2002
Jyvaskyla, Finland
www.jypht.fi
Noutaja said:
One just wonders how Raimo Helminen ever got place in national team, as the reincarnation of young Helminen is ousted by guys like Pakaslahti and Hahl (thought the latter has in my opinion very much to give as grinding winger)...
Yeah, I wanted Immonen to be in the team also. Sadly, we didn't get what we wanted.

Art Vandelay

Jan 14, 2004
Stockholm
www.eliteprospects.com
The swedish liveradio-commentators on the CAN-USA game, started talking about some rumours that said that J.Ruutu had been kicked of the squad.. they went off the air before they could "invstigate" it, any truth to this?

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Bonde 007 said:
The swedish liveradio-commentators on the CAN-USA game, started talking about some rumours that said that J.Ruutu had been kicked of the squad.. they went off the air before they could "invstigate" it, any truth to this?
Sounds like a stupid move, so it can be in the makings...

Dominus

Nov 5, 2004
Bonde 007 said:

Sounds weird. Why would they kick him out? Because of the things he said to Expressen? They should know he always says funny things when he's pissed off after lost games. Have to admit that hotel room talk was a little over the top though.

Art Vandelay

Jan 14, 2004
Stockholm
www.eliteprospects.com
They were saying that he had trashtalked the leadership of the finnish team to finnish media..

They just heard the rumours at the end of the 3rd so they didnt have any time to verify them.

(It wasnt AB or Expressen type reporters, it was SR - P4, so they dont make stuff up)

Dominus

Nov 5, 2004
Still no confirmation to these rumours, but we'll see. Everybody knows that the leadership of Finnish team and ice-hockey association is horribly stagnant and incompetent - except maybe Erkka Westerlund - and they should be criticized. But of course Ruutu shouldn't do the criticizing when the tournament is still going on.

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
Norrena is out. He has an old chest injury that was aggravated by taking a shot in the chest. Nurminen is coming to replace him. Bäckström will play on Sunday.

Söderholm and Viuhkola will play on Sunday because other players have minor injuries.

Padawan

Former power tripper
Dec 31, 2002
Jyvaskyla, Finland
www.jypht.fi
Boucicaut said:
Norrena is out. He has an old chest injury that was aggravated by taking a shot in the chest. Nurminen is coming to replace him. Bäckström will play on Sunday.

Söderholm and Viuhkola will play on Sunday because other players have minor injuries.
Hopefully Nurminen will play the rest games after sunday. He has been really good but does he have the motivation left? That's an important question.

Streaker-man

Oct 7, 2004
Finland
I bet if Bäckström fails against Canada Nurminen will get his chance. No one knows his condition right now. But he´s a pro. If Ukraine wins today I´m sure that Nurminen will play against Latvia.

Shack

Aug 25, 2004
Lappeenranta
Now Timonen and Peltonen are back in roster.
I think Hagman should keep his place at 1st line and Peltonen could be in 3rd.

Kruutu

Apr 23, 2004
Shack said:
Now Timonen and Peltonen are back in roster.
I think Hagman should keep his place at 1st line and Peltonen could be in 3rd.
I agree Hagman played nice game,but i think they can´t throw Finnish golden-boy Peltonen to the 3rd.

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
Kruutu said:
I agree Hagman played nice game,but i think they can´t throw Finnish golden-boy Peltonen to the 3rd.

Yes they can and I hope they will. Past accolades should not override present condition and chemistry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad