Ville Peltonen, Lugano (C)
Esa Pirnes, Blues
Jani Rita, Pittsburgh
Jarkko Ruutu, Vancouver (A)
Tuomo Ruutu, Chicago
Tommi Santala, Jokerit
Tomek Valtonen, Jokerit
Jari Viuhkola, Kärpät

Notice that the team was announced today and we will most likely see some changes in it because of the NHL playoffs. The coaching staff is still discussing with Jussi Jokinen, Jere Lehtinen, Niko Kapanen, Antti Miettinen and Niklas Hagman of Dallas. Kimmo Timonen will most likely miss the tournament because of injury. Also Teemu Selänne, Joni Pitkänen and Antero Niittymäki are still possible add ins.

edit: Jussi Jokinen, Antti Miettinen, Sean Bergenheim and Antero Niittymäki have joined the team. Goaltender Sinuhe Wallinheimo and forward Jussi Pesonen were dropped off the roster. Ville Peltonen will be the captain, Petteri Nummelin and Jarkko Ruutu will be assistant captains.

Last edited:

svea

Feb 18, 2006
From the Dallas men, Jussi Jokinen and Antti Miettinen have joined the Finnish team. Niko Kapanen is most likely out due to unspecified injuries. Jere Lehtinen is uncertain.

(As is stated above.)

Aki Berg

Jul 3, 2005
Aki-ville
johnny_rudeboy said:
Damn, that is a pretty strong team for you.

Agreed.

Since Finland has taken over as the world's hockey superpower, they will be the hunted instead of the hunter.

With Aki anchoring the defense yet again, it's very difficult to picture Finland losing.

Anything less than gold will be humiliating and a national disaster in Finland.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
Aki Berg said:
Agreed.

Since Finland has taken over as the world's hockey superpower, they will be the hunted instead of the hunter.

With Aki anchoring the defense yet again, it's very difficult to picture Finland losing.

Anything less than gold will be humiliating and a national disaster in Finland.

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Ok, Aki is good but he aint god. And I belive Russia and Canada is still the super powers in hockey even do Russia have not won anything in more then a decade.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
johnny_rudeboy said:
:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Ok, Aki is good but he aint god. And I belive Russia and Canada is still the super powers in hockey even do Russia have not won anything in more then a decade.

Aki's not God? :dunno:

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
Krm500 said:
Sinuhe Wallinheimo will carry team Finland to Gold! :sarcasm: :biglaugh:

Rocking Walle will do well. He have been one of the best keepers in Europe this season. But ok, he have played for FBK so I guess that is why you are laughing. And I think he is their 3rd keeper anyway.

Susanna

Apr 29, 2006
Baltimore
But does Selänne have any teeth left to donate to the cause? Gotta say, he was one hardcore somebody at the Olympics. So was Peltonen. Would love to see Niittymäki play too.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
Susanna said:
But does Selänne have any teeth left to donate to the cause? Gotta say, he was one hardcore somebody at the Olympics. Would love to see Niittymäki play too.

Not a Flyers fan I guess :)

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
Aki Berg said:
Hurt.

Better this way, with Olli on the team, Aki wouldn't be captain.

Ah now i remember. I dreamnt that Aki took a pick axe to Oill's face, hence the injury and the uglyness. I swear i saw Aki in playboy.

:biglaugh:For the last time, Olli and Jussi aren't related. Its a common name. It would be like asking if Jeff smith from Quebec and Michael Smith for BC were related,

svea

Feb 18, 2006
Not final yet, but Jere Lehtinen looks to be out; says Westerlund. Kimmo Timonen is out for sure because of injuries. The door is still kept open for Teemu Selänne, Antero Niittymäki and Joni Pitkänen.

sleb

Dec 26, 2005
with polarbears
Raimo Sillanpää said:
Pitkänen also needs to finally make his senior debut.
Have you seen how he has played lately? Because if you would've, you might have saved some room from this board, and leave that comment unsaid. Clearly, he is on some cold streak, exhaust or just plain injured. I seriously doubt he'll join the WHC team.

Joe MacMillan

Aug 10, 2005
Helsinki
Zambonidriver² said:
Have you seen how he has played lately? Because if you would've, you might have saved some room from this board, and leave that comment unsaid. Clearly, he is on some cold streak, exhaust or just plain injured. I seriously doubt he'll join the WHC team.
ummm.. according to Flyers fans he's been by far the best Flyer D-man in the playoffs. Maybe he had a bad game last night, but I would love to see him making his debut in Finnish national team. We don't have any better defenceman since Timonen is out.

sleb

Dec 26, 2005
with polarbears
blacklabel said:
ummm.. according to Flyers fans he's been by far the best Flyer D-man in the playoffs. Maybe he had a bad game last night, but I would love to see him making his debut in Finnish national team. We don't have any better defenceman since Timonen is out.
Pitkänen is 0+2 in 6 games, +/- leveled at 0. Doesn't skate like used to, passes are sloppy and focus isn't exactly there on the game. Alltho, he is sort of a dreamer, gets carried away with anything he might find worth watching... talk about a deer in the headlights.

Really, Pitkänen isn't at his form. I doubt he'll come, as I'm guessing he has some sort of injury. But that's just my prediction, the above is what I base on facts (and my two own eyes).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad