Team Finland fined

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macman

May 15, 2004
Leave it to some to turn a fine for Finland into an anti-Canada thread. And Psycho Dad just can't believe anyone hates Canada.He can't see the connection between Perozhoghin and Nash but makes the connection between Nash and a pair of frayed pants!

f1nn

Jan 12, 2004
Espoo, Finland
wow... I have lost the last ounce of respect I ever had for the IIHF... wait... i never had any repsect for the IIHF.....

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Saw the pants. Absolutely unacceptable. If he had hooked the ref with those things on he would be looking at a lifetime suspension.

What Nash did was fine. Look carefully at the replay. Not a thread out of place and the wear well within acceptable limits. No reason for the ref to be anything but thrilled that Nash wanted his attention.

I am Canadian.

f1nn

Jan 12, 2004
Espoo, Finland
Crosbyfan said:
Saw the pants. Absolutely unacceptable. If he had hooked the ref with those things on he would be looking at a lifetime suspension.

What Nash did was fine. Look carefully at the replay. Not a thread out of place and the wear well within acceptable limits. No reason for the ref to be anything but thrilled that Nash wanted his attention.

I am Canadian.

I assume you're being sarcastic? if so: :biglaugh: ..... If not then wow

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
Macman said:
Leave it to some to turn a fine for Finland into an anti-Canada thread. And Psycho Dad just can't believe anyone hates Canada.He can't see the connection between Perozhoghin and Nash but makes the connection between Nash and a pair of frayed pants!

I was talking about THIS TOURNAMENT and how IIHF have been acting. This is what they came up with in the end. Please consult how the perezhogin incident and the atrocities in this tournament are linked? Perezhogin was banned by a league, not by the NHL or IIHF (even though he should have). You already got your answer to the Perezhogin deal in another thread. It has absolutely no relevance here...we are talking about two things that happened within this tournament....other was broken pants, other was hooking a referee. Do you not see a double standard here? Perezhogin or Bertuzzi incidents are not in any way related to these two incidents, so try to keep your mind on what's compared here. Two separate incidents on one tournament. Which one deserved a fine?

And you can be damn sure I don't see any connection between the Perezhogin and Nash incidents...the other was a horrible display of lacking any respect to human life, the other was a horrible display of lacking any respect to rules of a game. Theres a HUGE difference. But given that, Nash should not play in this tournament anymore. And Perezhogin should not play hockey yet.

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
psycho_dad said:
Well...I was already angry about the Nash incident going unpunished. Now this ****ing travesty. IIHF is a god damn joke. I pity the fools. :rant:

Which is worse, playing with torn pants or THIS

http://koti.mbnet.fi/~jani/nash.mpg

I think if you keep posting this the IIHF may change its decision and time will travel backwards and Sweden might make it to the final.

Vikke

ViktorAllvin twitter
Feb 22, 2004
Västervik, Sweden
twitter.com
therealdeal said:
I think if you keep posting this the IIHF may change its decision and time will travel backwards and Sweden might make it to the final.

It's not about Sweden making it to the finals for me, it's just so damn annoying that the little ***** Nash gets away with nothing, while Nummelin gets fined for playing with pants that aren't 100% perfect.

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
Vikke said:
It's not about Sweden making it to the finals for me, it's just so damn annoying that the little ***** Nash gets away with nothing, while Nummelin gets fined for playing with pants that aren't 100% perfect.

Of course its not about Sweden not making it to the finals...

Roger's Pancreas*

Finn said:
wow... I have lost the last ounce of respect I ever had for the IIHF... wait... i never had any repsect for the IIHF.....
I did... but they're content with making themselves look more ridiculous after each round. I can't wait for next year, referees in big shoes and wearing clown noses.

BCCHL inactive

DynamoAO said:
I wonder if this is only illegal in international tournaments. Especially given the fact, most pants nowadays have zippered legs anyway.

Pants have to be closed under Hockey Canada rules. It's a safety issue as the exposed leg area with unzipped or ripped pants is a prime target for major arteries to be severed if cut with a skate.

I wish manufacturers would pay more attention to the rules of the game.

But I must join the popular opinion. The IIHF has lost even more respect points. Nash abuses officials, gets nothing, Hockey Canada gets nothing.... Nummelin wears illegal pants and his team gets fined. :shakehead

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
therealdeal said:

Why would I give a **** about Sweden making it to the finals? I am Finnish. And how exactly did Rick Nash get in Swedens way? There is absolutely no logic in your post.

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
IIHF is a god damn joke, I can't believe this!

Rene Fasel should go, it's not directly his fault but he's running the ship which has made some horrible decisions in this tournament.

Absolutely unbelieveable.

Petey21

Dec 19, 2003
Sweden
www.geocities.com
Letting Nash go after such an incident, while fining the Finns for those pants. WTF??? :shakehead

That is ridiculous! The IIHF is a joke! But that's nothing new, they have had some totally Pejorative Slured ideas in the past as well, the helmet rule being one of them, and didn't they even experiment with some stupid idea that players weren't allowed to enter the ice until they were "tagged" by another player or something like that? It was just a shortlived experiment in one of the EHT tournaments a few years ago, but still... the IIHF officials have probably never played hockey and I have no idea why they are there in the first place.

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
What a joke :biglaugh: A perfect ending for the Finnish Hockey World Championships 2005 experience: place seven and a slap in the face from the IIHF...

I still can't believe that Nash got away with nothing, oh man, oh man...justice a la IIHF.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
To me it seems IIHF is the UN of hockey.

Don't do anything to let the big bully change their rules and play by their own (Nash in these championship, NHL rules in the world cup etc.) . And then of course making odd decisions about small things.

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC
Boucicaut said:
What a joke :biglaugh: A perfect ending for the Finnish Hockey World Championships 2005 experience: place seven and a slap in the face from the IIHF...

I still can't believe that Nash got away with nothing, oh man, oh man...justice a la IIHF.
Other players have pushed officials before and got nothing either so why would Nash get a slap?

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
Canuck21t said:
Other players have pushed officials before and got nothing either so why would Nash get a slap?

They all should have been penalized by a suspension. Two or multiple wrongs don't make a right, eh?

mikkoz

May 9, 2003
now, here!
No. There was nothing that Nash did do wrong. It was an accident. And we told him that he can only possibly do it again, but after that - Thats it. Plus he promised he´d never do it again!

Sincerely Yours

Mrs. R Fassel The Perspirant of IIHF.

p.s. Theres no way that Finns will ever wear those horroble pants, theyre discusting!

Sixty Six

Feb 28, 2003
Pittsburgh, PA
Visit site
Boucicaut said:
They all should have been penalized by a suspension. Two or multiple wrongs don't make a right, eh?

right, so just because nash got away with something, everyone should? Fine the guy he broke a rule he earned it. What nash did has NOTHING to do with this and yes he should be punished but just because he wasn't, doesn't mean this guy shouldn't be either

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
RMU2 said:
right, so just because nash got away with something, everyone should? Fine the guy he broke a rule he earned it. What nash did has NOTHING to do with this and yes he should be punished but just because he wasn't, doesn't mean this guy shouldn't be either

Nobody should get away with anything. However, if I had to choose, I'd have to let the guy with the broken pants get away with it instead of the repeat offender who gets physical with officials. There is a slight difference in the severity of the offenses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad