WJC: Team Finland 2019 U20 WJC Roster Talk

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
And how many times did Heponiemi or Kupari tried to challenge players and lost pucks?
-Not as much as Kakko, and that is understandable. Kid is 17.

Ahokas was pushing a line to score a goal that hadn't got a single goal in the entire tournament
-Wrong, they scored against Kazakstan, Slovakia and now Kanada. Thats is not good enough but thats more then what you stated.

We are just extremely lucky to have made it there and also very fortunate for Luukkonen to have a great game when it mattered.
-Your'e dumb or an extreme pessimist if you think thats the only two reasons why we are in the semifinals.

Juniors especially needs to be allowed to fail so they can learn from it and become better, remember that everyone.

Seriously I nearly fell out of the chair while reading this. But then again it's great to have some good laugh in the "morning" to start up the day after watching some hockey (had a late night and woke up at 3pm).

I thought I'd reply to this non-sense to it's full context, but you don't seem to have all the facts straight either and vast majority of this post is has little contextual value. First of all I never listed any particular "reasons" why the team reached semi-finals (and now of course the Finals) so what are you even talking about? The points referring to this roller coast we've witnessed so far of which I pointed out earlier, such as i) having heck of a fortune to beat Canada (with the bounce in the dying minutes) ii) Coaching staff being half-incompetent are both valid, although the latter remains as an opinion, but I've stated enough facts from the past (both recent and now) to back that one up. Sure still, it's everyone's freedom of choice to think differently.

Yeah I forgot the goal against Kazakhstan cause games against low tier countries are boresome and one--sided, and despite that I do watch every single Finnish WJC game, I often follow these games being half-arsed with semi-focus. Anyway, since you clearly seem to "know better", you should be aware that the goal against Slovakia was on the PP, which has whatsoever to do with 5vs5 game. Now you were referring to a discussion prior to the game vs Canada, I thought all had agreed that they scored against Canada so why even bother bring it up? So in the end what does that leave us with? Yes you're half right, half wrong, since after all they did score that one goal against the hockey power house nation known as Kazakhstan! Shame of me to forget this thrilling achievement, gah! :D

What a hell, Tolvanen had at least 2 a-grade scoring chances in the second period.

From 2:29 ->

And I find it quite hilarious that you speak about vivid imagination when I watch some of your utopian worship of certain Finnish players..

Hello? I was pointing out to how many chances Tolvanen failed to bury, not the opposite. After all the topic of the discussion was about individual weaknesses & inability to perform regarding these young players, as you so generously started with the statement of Kakko "not being good enough" to warrant more minutes (in this particular case compared to an average 3rd liner)in a game with a back against the wall with the team trailing. Considering that he had been performing better than most of our forwards up to that point so for someone to come up with an opinion like that, it just falls in the same category with the rest of the ludicrous pieces you came up with afterwards, starting first about "PuLaAho vs Kakko-Lundell" and now apparently some "utopian worship of players", which both are presented without any whatsoever concrete validation or factual basis, ha. Geez, almost as if you were a psychic. Anyway, well done pal!

Now with that said, the team just had their best game of the tournament and even though the Swiss were by far the inferior team, I hope this accomplishment raised the believe in their own abilities. That could be a major asset going into the gold game against USA. They need every piece of self-confidence to come out victorious from that game.

fr9dd9

Nov 18, 2010
Sweden
The swedish coach talked about the preassure on the coaches, and he said that it has been the worst for the finnish coach and that he have also gotten the worst criticism. Sure I know he might deserve it, but give him a slak. He is human to! Another swedish EX coach said that coaching the national team is the toughest job of them all, cuz the preassure is unreal.

Reactions: FinPanda

fr9dd9

Nov 18, 2010
Sweden
I gotta say it, no one have dunne it so far. But I think among the most important players of finland we gotta have think about our top 4 Defensemen and u all know who they are, and also puustinen and virtanen was really important! ofc Lookkonen aswell. Actually, the whole fkn team played well from the quarterfinals to the gold!

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
This song is owned to Finland's U20 WJC gold medal winning team.

This team stays Finnish hockey history being first Finnish U20 team who won U20 WJC gold medal in North American ice.

Finland grew a lot during the tournament and every player has huge lion heart.
Only what sucks is that Heiskanen, Kotkaniemi, Nordgren and Vesalainen couldn't be a part of this great team.
CONGRATS BOYS WE ( Finland) ARE THE U20 WORLD CHAMPIONS

Reactions: fr9dd9

fr9dd9

Nov 18, 2010
Sweden
Man, I gotta sleep now. But seriously, this is what the deep, mid and coldest winter is all about! <3

Oh, and my girlfriend watched it all from the quarter and onwards. I gotta make her watch more hockey I guess.

Reactions: jalperi

fr9dd9

Nov 18, 2010
Sweden
OH btw, USA now has 4 WJC golds and Finland have 5!!! The only nation with more golds is Canada at 17... But Russia and USA are at 4 and Finland 5. Thats fkn awesome ❤️

Reactions: jalperi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad