Team Europe Vs Team Canada Vs Team USA

which team would be the best?

• Total voters

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
Not Gonna make line combos, more so list of players, as lines normally make convo arguments.

Europe
Centers (6): Malkin, Draisaitl, Barkov, Backstrom, Kuznetsov, Kopitar
Wingers (10) : Kucherov, Ovechkin, Pastrnak, Panarin, Rantanen, Tarasenko, Laine, Teravainen, Radulov, Forsberg
Defence (10) : Hedman, E. Karlsson, Josi, Ekman-Larsson, Lindholm, Dahlin, Klingberg, Ekholm, Heiskanen, Provorov
Goalies (4) : Vasilevskiy, Bobrovsky, Rask, Andersen

Canada
Centers: Mcdavid, Crosby, MacKinnon, Scheifele, Bergeron, Tavares + Point/Seguin/Couturier/O'Rielly
Wingers: Marchand, Hall, Stone, Marner, Giroux, Stamkos, Huberdeau, Domi, Skinner, Benn,
Defence: Burns, Doughty, Giordano, Pietrangelo, Rielly, Letang, Subban, Weber, Parayko, Chabot
Goalies: Price, Fleury, Holtby, Murray

USA
Centers: Matthews, Eichel, Larkin, Trocheck, Keller, Pavleski
Wingers: Kane, Gaudreau, Wheeler, Tkachuk, Connor, Debrincat, Kessel, Boeser, Guentzel, Lee
Defence: Jones, Carlson, Slavin, Suter, Yandle, Trouba, Mcavoy, Krug, Werenski, Mcdonagh,
Goalies: Gibson, Bishop, Hellebuyck, Quick

Last edited:

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Was tempted to vote Canada due to their centers but the overall European depth is too good. And Canada defense and goaltending is not as good as they used to be (relatively) in previous generations.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
In this poll are Canada and particular USA are overrated. Russia, Sweden and Finland as single could be competitive and they are to be
able to beat USA of course(vs CAN they need a very good day) ;)). Or to reach a better Rang in a best on best tournament(Looking to last 20 Years).

A right poll should be Europe vs North America.

Reactions: wintersej

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I think the idea that "Russia, Finland and Sweden are competitive on their own so it's clearly Europe" is flawed. Yes, they're competitive because they have good talent and in a short tournament anything can happen. Their rosters are still lacking compared to Canada and over a bigger sample this would be more clear. Just looking at the rosters, it's clearly close between Europe and Canada, and combining countries hurts the chemistry and national pride that are factors in those countries' success, particularly Finland. I think it's a toss up but would probably give a slight edge to Europe. The States are a clear third.

Reactions: Dominance

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I mean combining all European countries makes this them AINEC.

Sweden, Russia and Finland all are competitive on their own so combining them makes this so favourable.

Yeah. Sweden, Russia, and Finland all have some kinda weak links individually...but you combine the strengths of each, and it's an unstoppable superteam. Legitimately not even close. Canada is probably the closest competitor and i guess in the real world, they might have a bit of an ace in the hole in that they regularly play together at international events and coming up through the junior tournaments. But i don't think it's enough to swing the result.

Reactions: ThatsSoSlavin

Ivo

Dec 29, 2008
Rotterdam, NL
I voted Canada because of the center depth, but on second thought it might be Europe. I mean, in the last best-on-best tournament a team made up of lesser European hockey countries made it to finals and Canada barely beat them in both games. Maybe two players on that team would make team Europe that also includes Swedish, Russian, Finnish and Czech players.

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
Those wingers for Canada (Domi, Skinner, Benn (??) and Mantha) look very suspect and have no place on the roster. I would much rather get a couple more C and let them play on the wing (Stamkos, Point, Monahan, Toews, ROR, Seguin, etc.)

I'd still go with Canada considering their C depth.

x-McDavid-x
x-Crosby-x
x-Mackinnon-x
x-Bergeron-x

would be hard to match up against

Signupnow

Oct 18, 2017
Should have made team NA. Having USA there who hasn't won anything since idk, I am over 30 years old and I don't think I was even born yet.. What I am trying to say is that they may look good on paper but they are not so good at playing when medals is on the line, and I think it's worth taking into consideration.. In my eyes, as a swede, I always felt playing USA is like playing Slovakia, they win some fluke game once In a while. I want to remember they getting humiliated 6 to 0 last time they met.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I voted Canada because of the center depth, but on second thought it might be Europe. I mean, in the last best-on-best tournament a team made up of lesser European hockey countries made it to finals and Canada barely beat them in both games. Maybe two players on that team would make team Europe that also includes Swedish, Russian, Finnish and Czech players.

How was it a best-on-best tournament when Connor McDavid was ineligible to play for Team Canada?

The US were even harder hit.

Reactions: ProspectsSTC

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Canada wins on centres, Europe wins on wingers, defence is a toss-up between the two, goalies change day to day

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Canada has the 3 best centres (arguably players) in the world...in a 7-game series I think I'd take them over Team World

Giroux-McDavid-Stamkos
Marchand-Crosby-Bergeron
Scheifele-Mackinnon-Marner
Tavares-O'Reilly-Stone
Hall, Seguin

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Yeah. Sweden, Russia, and Finland all have some kinda weak links individually...but you combine the strengths of each, and it's an unstoppable superteam. Legitimately not even close. Canada is probably the closest competitor and i guess in the real world, they might have a bit of an ace in the hole in that they regularly play together at international events and coming up through the junior tournaments. But i don't think it's enough to swing the result.

Honestly, I think it would still be close.

However, add USA and now we're cookin with fire. Those would be some deadly lineups.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Hall / McDavid / Mackinnon
Marchand / Crosby / Bergeron
Giroux / Tavares / Marner
Point / O’Reilly / Stone
Stamkos, Seguin

Giordano / Doughty
Rielly / Burns
Chabot / Pietrangelo
Morrisey / Parayko

Price
Nazeem “the dream” Kadri

Ovechkin / Kuznetsov / Kucherov
Draisaitl / Malkin / Pastarnak
Panarin / Barkov / Rantanen
Forsberg / Kopitar / Tarasenko

Hedman / Karlsson
Josi / OEL
Dahlin / Ekholm

Vasilevsky
Bobrovsky

I’m going with Europe

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Europe but it's close. Their wingers are too elite and most/all of their forwards play an excellent two way game. They also have the better defense and goalie depth.

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
I voted Europe because of it's star power but it's close between them and canada. I thought North america would be too stacked.

Canada
Marchand - Crosby - Bergeron
Hall - Mcdavid - Mackinnon
Giroux - Tavares - Marner
Stamkos - Point - Stone
Huberderau - Scheifele - O'Reilly
Benn - Seguin - Couturier
Domi - Duchene - Mantha
Couture- Barzal - Gallagher

Giordano - Doughty
Rielly - Burns
Parayko - Pietrangelo