Team "Czechoslovakia"!

Status
Not open for further replies.

attis76

Apr 2, 2004
e-e said:
decent....indeed...on paper
they wouldn't be as good as you think....last couple of years they played together there were even couple of fights in dressing room on iternational tournaments (isvestija) because of the great slovak-czech atmosphere.
i think in preset days that would be even worst than it was before 93

im happy we have our own slovak team

and to your question:
yes canada could defeat any team...even suomi-tre kronor-slovak-czech-mcdonalds-together...imo
=============================================================
Homer,and cluless :shakehead :shakehead

attis76

Apr 2, 2004
Blackshad said:
How about a team Québec?
Goaler: Brodeur, Luongo, Théodore
Defence: Gauthier, Desjardins, Brisebois, Boucher,Bouillion( Dont know much about Quebec defenceman)
Attack: Lecavalier, Lemieux(If healty), St-Louis,Gagné, Brière, Dumont, Bergeron, Gratton,Marleau,Lombardi,Damphousse, Lucky Lucke
==============================================================
I don't think so... ;)

attis76

Apr 2, 2004
pavel13 said:
What if the Austro-Hungarian Empire still existed? What would that team look like?
GO HUNGARY GO!!!!!
Soon we'll be playing in the elite-league!! :yo: :banana: :yo:

attis76

Apr 2, 2004
pavel13 said:
What if the Austro-Hungarian Empire still existed? What would that team look like?
==============================================================

Just for the record Zigmund Palffy,Nagy,Orszagh are originally from Hungary...
These are hungarian names it's because of Trianon they are considered to be from other countries. :banghead: :banghead:

Pekka Lampinen

Feb 27, 2002
Helsinki
Visit site
helicecopter said:
Seriously , i think the interesting thing is that until the 2 countries were together they never had such a talented team; that suggests what an impressive development there have been there in hockey in the last decade!

I beg to differ, Czechoslovakia was a force and an equal match to the Red Machine on many occasions when still behind the Iron Curtain.

helicecopter

Mar 8, 2003
give me higher shots
Visit site
Laituri said:
I beg to differ, Czechoslovakia was a force and an equal match to the Red Machine on many occasions when still behind the Iron Curtain.

Well, of course Czechoslovakia has always had a very strong national team, but it looks to me more because of team play with very good players than because of big time talents.
Help me to recall the best Czech or Slovak players of the past:
Stastny of course... then? Liba? I'm sure i'm forgetting some :help: but if you think about the names the 2 country has produced in just the last ten years you would see a difference. ( unless you will make me realize there is a big failure going on in my memory.. ;) )
Hossa, Palffy, Gaborik, Jagr, Elias.. especially for the Slovaks it looks to me like a big improvement as for the number of great players. Which were the others besides Stastny in the past?

Pekka Lampinen

Feb 27, 2002
Helsinki
Visit site
helicecopter said:
Help me to recall the best Czech or Slovak players of the past:
Stastny of course... then? Liba? I'm sure i'm forgetting some :help:

Vlado Dzurilla and Jiri Holecek between the pipes, Jan Suchy and Frantisek Pospisil on the blueline. Surely you now remember the most legendary forwards, Vladimir Martinec and Vaclav Nedomansky?

e-e

Mar 15, 2003
Bratislava
helicecopter said:
Stastny of course... then? Liba? I'm sure i'm forgetting some :help:

darius rusnak - the captain of the last CSSR world champines in 1985 in praque
dusan pasek - killed himself couple years ago :shakehead
jozef golonka ... what a pleyer he was :bow: :bow: :bow:

go slovakia go

attis76

Apr 2, 2004
Chevy Cheveldae said:
yeah...go Gröschl and Mensator !

And before I forget We(Hungary) had beat The world champion Slovakia last year...

:yo: :yo: :yo:

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
katodelder said:
Team North America / World
Canada (1)
USA (7)
Japan (15)
China (28)
South Korea (32)
Australia (36)
South Africa (37)
Mexico (39)
New Zealand (40)
North Korea (41)

I'll do this one :amazed: Criteria is:

1. Team will consist of 14 forwards, 7 defensman, 3 goaltender
2. Each country must be represented at least once.

Canada:
Joe Sakic F, Mario Lemieux F, Martin St. Louis F, Jarome Iginla F, Scott Niedermayer D, Rob Blake D, Martin Brodeur G, Roberto Luongo G

USA:
Chris Drury F, Brian Leetch D, Brian Rafalski D, Chris Chelios D, Tony Amonte F, Brett Hull F, Mike Modano F, Robert Esche G

Vlad Rubes (AUS) F

Dahai Wang (CHN) D

Eugene Nesterov (NZL) F

Andre Marais (RSA) D

Thae Hwi Ri (PRK) F

Juan Pablo Roberts (MEX) F

Jung-sik Choi (KOR) F

Chris Bright (JPN) F

Damn, that was hard.

helicecopter

Mar 8, 2003
give me higher shots
Visit site
Chevy Cheveldae said:
Petr Briza
Petr Rosol
Leo Gudas

mmmh..frankly i don't think they are in the same category with Hossa, Jagr, Hasek, Gaborik..

Laituri said:
Vlado Dzurilla and Jiri Holecek between the pipes, Jan Suchy and Frantisek Pospisil on the blueline. Surely you now remember the most legendary forwards, Vladimir Martinec and Vaclav Nedomansky?

I just can remember the last two names but not their play.. :help:
Do you think these guys were SO good? I'm still not persuaded that my theory of their big improvement along the last ten years is wrong ( i'm trying to realize if it's only because of my ignorance :innocent: )
Besides, i guess Suchy is Slovak and Martinek is Czech, but the others? :help:

xander

Nov 4, 2003
Section A Lynah Rink
Visit site
Blackshad said:
How about a team Québec?
Defence: Gauthier, Desjardins, Brisebois, Boucher,Bouillion( Dont know much about Quebec defenceman)
Attack: Lecavalier, Lemieux(If healty), St-Louis,Gagné, Brière, Dumont, Bergeron, Gratton,Marleau,Lombardi,Damphousse, Lucky Lucke

tanguay?

augz

May 8, 2004
ZeroTheHero said:
Best team however would be the US/Canada Team :D

Ryan Smyth - Doug Weight (Best north american player on big ice!) - Martin St. Louis
Joe Sakic - Mario Lemieux - Steve Yzerman (leaderline)
Rick Nash - Alex Tanguay - Jarome Iginla (young guys line)
Brendan Shanahan - Mike Modano - Todd Bertuzzi (two-way line)

Niedermayer - Pronger
McCabe - Leetch
Blake - Stevens

Brodeur
Luongo
Turco

i think the Canadian team on its own could take this team. :D

AJ93

May 8, 2002
Blackshad said:
How about a team Québec?

Just an FYI, Patrick Marleau is from Saskatchewan and Chris Gratton is from Brantford Ontario, unless you're talking about Benoit Gratton?

Last edited:

GB

Mar 6, 2002
UK
pavel13 said:
It'd pretty much be a combined Czech-Slovak team with maybe Vanek added.

Kugel

Oct 16, 2003
Ontario, Canada
Blackshad said:
How about a team Québec?
marleau is not from quebec, he is from anroid, sask. or something like that........he played in the WHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad