Team Czech Republic announced!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyIsALegend*

Jori_18_23 said:
What no Mr Puck Poise? :dunno: :lol

Apparently Martin Skoula's decent international performances have not shielded his horrendous NHL progress(progress!?!).

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
Everyone questioning Robert Reichel must not watch many international tournaments, because Reichel has been money in every one he has ever played in.

Vic Rattlehead*

I definately would take Bonk over Reichel. Sykora should be there as well.

joe_shannon_1983*

Here is what I would have changed:

T. Vlasak ----> P. Sykora
J. Vasicek ----> P. Nedved
D. Vyborny ----> R. Bonk
J. Dopita ----> J. Hrdina
F. Kaberle ----> J. Modry
M. Prusek ----> D. Hasek

Reasonable?

Vic Rattlehead*

jcs_1983_shannonman said:

D. Vyborny ----> R. Bonk
M. Prusek ----> D. Hasek

Reasonable?
Vyborny earned his way to a spot on the roster this season.

Master Kush

Jan 29, 2003
Visit site
I think Nedved was omitted cause the fact that he'll be ineligible for World Championships and the Next Olympics. So I guess the thnking behind it was that there's no use picking a guy who can only play once..

The Bonk omission is definantly questionable, but considering his performance this year, not too surprising. Vasicek was a good choice as he and Havlat will be the future of the team. Vasicek had a pretty good season with a 20-25-45. He's a pretty big two-way player.

I thought Sykora would make it based solely on his chemistry with Elias, but in the end it was either him or Dvorak, and i think Dvorak brings more to the team (great Pker with speed).

In the end, I was hoping for one of Bonk or Nedved to make. This team is a little weak down the middle because of this. However, I think that Straka could make up for it and be the surprise of the tournament.

kremlin

Oct 11, 2003
Visit site
After the World Championships, I expected Prucha to be on the roster. Am I the only one who feels he deserved a spot?

Golbez

kremlin said:
After the World Championships, I expected Prucha to be on the roster. Am I the only one who feels he deserved a spot?

No, you aren't the only one... news site idnes.cz actually picked them on their roster selections as a reserve forward.

He had a good WC, but he is small and has no North American experience...and he certainly benefitted from one Jaromir Jagr.

Now is not Prucha's time, but it will come...

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
jcs_1983_shannonman said:

D. Vyborny ----> R. Bonk
M. Prusek ----> D. Hasek

Reasonable?

Nedved can't play for the Czech team I don't think.

susan04

May 28, 2004
York 16- Can I ask where you heard that Sykora is getting married? We haven't heard anything about this in Anaheim.

Last edited:

Vomiting Kermit*

susan04 said:
York 16- Can I ask where you heard that Sykora is getting married? We haven't heard anything about this in Anaheim.
Sykora? I was talking about Nedved...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->