WC: Team CZE - 2019

Nexon

Apr 18, 2019
You mean the great chemistry we have on our 2nd and 4th line? 1st and 3rd line shouldn't be touched in my opinion. For the rest however I don't think it will be a big influence, if one player is added. Swiss did the same with Nino.

Frolik- Simon - Voracek
Palat - Hertl - Repik (/Vrana)
Kubalik - Kovar - Gulas
Jaskin - Faksa - Vrana (/Repik)
Yeah but they counted with that one place since beginning and it was rational to do so as Carolina barely reached PO.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
It's rare that I'm cheering for both Canada and Russia to win... but that is where I'm at right now.lol

A 3-0 Swedish win would be an amazing thing to see though...

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Neat stat:

5 of the top 9 scorers in Tourney are Czech

upload_2019-5-21_11-59-3.png
upload_2019-5-21_11-59-3.png

Reactions: smitty10 and Swipes

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Not sure why that showed up twice... sorry. Also, some really high powered players still have 1 game left as the Big 4 are all playing in a few hours.

Nexon

Apr 18, 2019
It's rare that I'm cheering for both Canada and Russia to win... but that is where I'm at right now.lol

A 3-0 Swedish win would be an amazing thing to see though...
Yeah, totally out off this World I’m afraid, can you imagine getting those stacked forward group to shootout loss, unbelievable scenes that would be. I dont like Russia and I dont even care, will watch Canada USA and will also root for Canada.

It would be hilarious if Canada beats USA in regulation after Sweden win 3-0, so we would get to first thus USA in QF again and eliminated again :help:

Mirinho

Jan 23, 2007
If Simon will rapidly improve his face offs skill one day, he can be true 2nd line nhl center. 50-60pts regularly with elite wingers maybe more. Litlle bit worse version of Krejci. He's still only 24 yo.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
If Simon will rapidly improve his face offs skill one day, he can be true 2nd line nhl center. 50-60pts regularly with elite wingers maybe more. Litlle bit worse version of Krejci. He's still only 24 yo.
Talk about an amazing story if he did...

not drafted first time
drafted round 5 second time around
goes to World's and plays on a line with Jagr and does quite well
come to North America and toils in AHL first year
toils in AHL second year
toils in AHL half of third year
cracks NHL full time in 4th year but averages less than 12 minutes a game and has career high in all offensive areas. Lots of people love him because he compliments Crosby so well
returns to World's and scores more than anyone (I assume) thought he would as a 1C

The man is a classic story of perseverance! I could see him in the 40 to 50 range ... he might benefit from leaving Pittsburgh though.

Reactions: Mirinho and Swipes

czechmate

Jan 1, 2016
So Germany?

Yes, I believe so. Great opponent for us, even if we should not underestimate them. They obviously lack great individual talent aside from Draisaitl and maybe Kahun, but this won't be a walk in the park. We definitely need to watch out for their team play & chemistry, probably their biggest asset.

Pandaman11

Dec 3, 2009
As a Czech, I'm pretty happy with Germany.

1) Looks easiest on paper, though can't underestimate them
2) Guaranteed to be aired on my TV (I live in Switzerland)

Reactions: Nexon

czechmate

Jan 1, 2016
Just realized that if we make it past Germany in QF, we will play against Canada or Switzerland in SF. :laugh:

EDIT: Realized there is a new format.

Last edited:

Nexon

Apr 18, 2019
If Russia advances they get lowest seed in semifinal, Switzerland for example, we get the other one probably Sweden.

Nexon

Apr 18, 2019
If Russia advances they get lowest seed in semifinal, Switzerland for example, we get the other one probably Sweden.
so obviously it would be better for us if Russia loses to USA and then we would have the best position.

Reactions: AdamParrot

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
so obviously it would be better for us if Russia loses to USA and then we would have the best position.
Second best position after CAN. 1st place in group stage is more than 2nd place (expect we have better score than CAN). First tie-break is place in group-stage, then points, then score.

Nexon

Apr 18, 2019
Second best position after CAN. 1st place in group stage is more than 2nd place (expect we have better score than CAN). First tie-break is place in group-stage, then points, then score.

Ah yes, you are right, but I can see Swiss winning, they will we used to much faster pace in our group than Canada in theirs. If Swiss wins, my point stands.

Reactions: AdamParrot

Nexon

Apr 18, 2019
And by the way, this is pretty unfair with that position in group when groups are pretty unbalanced nowadays.

AdamParrot

Mar 10, 2015
Ah yes, you are right, but I can see Swiss winning, they will we used to much faster pace in our group than Canada in theirs. If Swiss wins, my point stands.
Agree.

And I believe in Switzerland too, but AV is doing really good job with Canada. We'll see.

Pandaman11

Dec 3, 2009
Note that this is the first IIHF Ice Hockey World Championship where the semi-final pairings will not be determined in classic brackets but according to the seeding after the preliminary round. The top-seeded semi-finalist will play the bottom-seeded semi-finalist at 15:15, and the second-seeded semi-finalist will play the third-seeded semi-finalist at 19:15. Both games as well as the medal games on 26 May will be held in Bratislava.

Seeding order:
1) Russia (1st Group B, 21 points)
2) Canada (1st Group A, 18 points)
3) Czech Republic (2nd Group B, 18 points)
4) Finland (2nd Group A, 16 points)
5) Sweden (3rd Group B, 15 points)
6) Germany (3rd Group B, 15 points)
7) USA (4th Group A, 14 points)
8) Switzerland (4th Group B, 12 points)

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
So it looks like we play Canada if we win (if I'm reading it right)

Happy to play Germany in the QF. Don't want to underestimate them but better them than USA or Finland...

Nexon

Apr 18, 2019

On the other hand USA looked the weakest (besides Germany) among quarterfinalists. Switzerland can definitely snatch out Canada, in that case, we would play Sweden or Finland probably.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->