Team Canada's roster for the Russia Super Series

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
'88's- Alzner, Irving, Hamill, Marchand, Perron, James Sheppard, Jonathan Bernier, Mathieu Perreault, Ty Wishart, Claude Giroux, Francois Bouchard, Shawn Matthias, Ben Maxwell, Ryan White, Milan Lucic, James Reimer. These are some of the '88's I would assume Team Canada will be looking at.

'89's- Turris, Cann, Gagner, Esposito, Couture, Ellerby, Katic, Negrin, Sutter, Knelsen, Doughty, Boychuk, Arniel, Schen....

'90's- Tavares, Stamkos, Del Zotto, Sauve....

just some names I assume they would consider.

Petes1

Oct 26, 2002
Steve Mason from the London Knights. Personally for a 90 birth defencemen I'd look at Pietrangelo over Del Zotto. Although I don't think you'll see any 90's outside of Tavares on the team.

Last edited:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Steve Mason from the London Knights. Personally for a 90 birth defencemen I'd look at Pietrangelo over Del Zotto. Although I don't think you'll see any 90's outside of Tavares on the team.

I forgot Pietrangelo. Was just throwing out some names as to who they might consider for the team.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
'88's- Alzner, Irving, Hamill, Marchand, Perron, James Sheppard, Jonathan Bernier, Mathieu Perreault, Ty Wishart, Claude Giroux, Francois Bouchard, Shawn Matthias, Ben Maxwell, Ryan White, Milan Lucic, James Reimer. These are some of the '88's I would assume Team Canada will be looking at.

'89's- Turris, Cann, Gagner, Esposito, Couture, Ellerby, Katic, Negrin, Sutter, Knelsen, Doughty, Boychuk, Arniel, Schen....

I think you could add a few names like Beleskey, Emmerton, MacLean, Pyett, Fadden, Santorelli, Holzapfel, etc.

This team will probably be loaded with 1988 born players and a few 89's thrown in here and there. There are just so many players to choose from.

Superfly Jimmy Snuka

Aug 12, 2006
the only 1990 id expect would be Tavares. Being a Generals fan I could even see Tavares not making this team the players in 1988 and 1989 will take up all of the roster id say....The only reason why I say Tavares might not make the team is because of the international surface but i hope he makes it....If him and Brett MacLean made the team thatd be a good combo since they've played with each other for two years

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
I don't think so. It's too bad, cause there's another 87 born Canadian player that would do pretty well in this tourney i think.

Suppose, '87's were allowed. Could Corsby play in this series?

TC20

Dec 12, 2006
I haven't heard too much about roster size and this but wouldnt the best thing for Canada to do is use this like the world junior evaluation camp and bring over 35 players or so and rotate them in and out of the lineup throughout the 8 games giving the coaches and managers and that a good look at some of the players for the upcoming juniors

hyperboy

Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton,AB,CA

that would be an awesome team!

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
the only 1990 id expect would be Tavares. Being a Generals fan I could even see Tavares not making this team the players in 1988 and 1989 will take up all of the roster id say....The only reason why I say Tavares might not make the team is because of the international surface but i hope he makes it....If him and Brett MacLean made the team thatd be a good combo since they've played with each other for two years

Tavares will be one of the first players picked...he's already one of the top players on any Junior roster, nevermind the fact that he's a '90.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
The Pens won't want to risk injury to one of their core players. If Staal hadn't play NHL hockey last year, he probably would go, but right now, he has nothing to prove at the junior level and is an important player for the Pens. They won't send him I believe.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad