Jovanovski - Foote

EX: Hannan & Bouwmeester

Brodeur
Theodore
Luongo

kolanos

Nov 7, 2003
MrMastodonFarm said:
I doubt -- for the first time in his hockey life -- Jarome Iginla starts playing the left wing.
A desperate Greg Gilbert started playing Iginla on LW once, just before he was fired.

kolanos

Nov 7, 2003
Heatley-Lecavalier-Iginla (they all had great chemistry together)
Richards-Sakic-St.Louis (Sakic would make a godo pivot here)
Lemieux-Thornton-Marleau (maybe Lemieux can wake these other two up)
Smyth-Draper-Doan (I like this combination, better grind line than original)

ex. Morrow, Gagne, Maltby (in that order, Morrow should be an immediate plug in if either Thornton or Marleau don't wake up from his daze)

Niedermayer-Regehr (Regehr has made the most noise so far, deserving to be on top two)
Redden-Foote (experienced and rounds off top-notch top four)
Hannan-Bouwmeester (Hannan can anchor this pairing, Bouwmeester has played well enough to earn a spot)

ex. Jovanovski, Brewer (both have been awful, bench them until needed)

Brodeur
Luongo

kolanos

Nov 7, 2003
Draper deserves to be on this team. Maltby? Yuck.

I can think of atleast half a dozen other players I'd like to have on this forward ranks ahead of Gagne and Maltby.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
The current thinking is that Theodore, JayBo, Hannan, Smyth, Marleau and Morrow will be the scratches. Smyth is the one guy I'd like to see slip in ahead of Maltby, but I'm not going to fret too much about it.

And keep in mind Canada will not employ a "shut down" line per se. Let's face it, you don't want to have to play a Maltby-Draper-Doan as a shutdown line for the 20+ minutes per game in order to match the time the other team is playing it's top line. All of a sudden the three offensive lines are only getting 12 minutes of even strength time in favour of that trio? No chance.

Canada should be forming their lines with the attitude it will force OTHER teams to worry about their lines - specifically the offensive balance that has the team coming at them in waves. This seems to be the reason Maltby and Draper have been split up.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
My Lines

Lemieux-Sakic-Iginla
Doan-Thornton-Heatly
St. Louis-Richards-Lecavlier
Smyth-Draper-Marleau/Morrow

Neidemeyer-Foote
Jovo-Redden
Regehr-Hannan

Brodeur

Habsfan 32

Aug 18, 2004
Way up north...
Lemieux-Thornton-Heatley
Gagne-Sakic-Iginla
Lecavalier-Richards-St-Louis
Smyth-Draper-Doan

Foote-Jovo
Niedermayer-Hannan
Jay-Bo-Redden

Brodeur
Luongo

Vic Rattlehead*

kolanos said:
Lemieux-Thornton-Marleau (maybe Lemieux can wake these other two up)
Thornton finally seemed to wake up in the last game.

big_steve

Dec 6, 2003
Newfoundland
19bruins19 said:
Thornton finally seemed to wake up in the last game.

Agreed. I kept my eye on Thornton more then anyone else on Team Canada. Not just because he's my fav player but I knew he was playing bad and I wanted to see an improvement. I think his play has improved.

Also, what's with alot of you guys wanting Lecavalier play the wing with St. Louis and Richards. You do realize that Lecavalier is a natural winger and if anyone would play center on that line it would be Lecavalier and not Richards. As far as I know Lecavalier has not played the wing in quite a while. As for Richards, correct me if I'm wrong but Richards has played the wing before & has played it well. Heck, wasn't he on the wing in the Richards-Lemieux-St. Louis line that was first put together?

Joey24

Mar 9, 2002
New Zealand
These would be my lines:
1st Lemieux - Sakic - Iginla
2nd Smyth - Thornton - Heatly
3rd Gagne - Marleau - Doan
4th Lecavalier - Richards - St.Louis
( I hate the fact that some may think you don't have a checking line but lines 3 and 4 are loaded with speed that you could creat a deadly 4check with. Plus you have two energy lines with the 3rd and 4th who lack no skill level and can be as dangrous as any of the other top two lines on the team.)
1st Jovanovski - Neidermayer
2nd Redden - Foot
3rd Reghr - Brewer
(For the most part a mobile core of defenders. I choose to place Reghr and Brewer together for the fact that they could be a punishing duo for team Canada. the other two pairings I choose because I felt they complimented each other well.)
#1 Brodeur
#2 Theodore
#3 Luongo
(The started was a no brainer but for the #2 spot I choose Theodore as I feel he has acomplished more and at this stage may be the safe choise to go with. Not taking anything away from Luongo tho.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad