Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
I'd dress these lines...

Line 1: Mario Lemieux - Joe Sakic - Jarome Iginla
Line 2: Brad Richards - Vincent Lecavalier - Martin St.Louis
Line 3: Ryan Smyth - Joe Thornton - Danny Heatley
Checking Line: Kirk Maltby - Kris Draper - Shane Doan
Extras: Simon Gagne - Patrick Marleau - Brendan Morrow

If the coaching staff doesnt want to dress a checking line, swap Gagne for Maltby and Marleau for Draper.

Pair 1: Wade Redden - Scott Neidermayer
Shutdown Pair: Robyn Reghr - Adam Foote
Pair 3: Ed Jovanovski - Eric Brewer
Extras: Jay Bouwmeester - Scott Hannan

#1: Martin Brodeur
#2: Roberto Luongo
#3: Jose Theodore

MrMastodonFarm*

Jul 5, 2004
nash61 said:
One of Regehr or Foote will probably play with Neidermayer, just a hunch feeling. One puck mover with one stay at homer.

Also, the Joanovski/Brewer pairing has been horrid in the exhibition, by far the worst pairing for team Canada. Both of them are good on the rush but really are just plain bad in their own zone. I wouldn't be against sitting Brewer in favour of Hannan at all.

Roughneck

Oct 15, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
MrMastodonFarm said:
One of Regehr or Foote will probably play with Neidermayer, just a hunch feeling. One puck mover with one stay at homer.

I'd say it would be Regehr then, unless it was crunch time. Quinn will spread out his 2 most experienced defensemen.

Narnia

Mar 1, 2002
Surrey, BC
picasaweb.google.com
MrMastodonFarm said:

Also, the Joanovski/Brewer pairing has been horrid in the exhibition, by far the worst pairing for team Canada. Both of them are good on the rush but really are just plain bad in their own zone. I wouldn't be against sitting Brewer in favour of Hannan at all.
Brewer and Jovonovski only played as a pair in the first game. Brewer played with Foote the last 2 exhibition games and Jovonovski played with Redden.

FearTheFlyers

Feb 3, 2003
Visit site
nash61 said:
If the coaching staff doesnt want to dress a checking line, swap Gagne for Maltby and Marleau for Draper.

[

Yeah, cause we know Gagne can't play on a checking line...I mean, just look where he plays for the Flyers.

Wait a minute...

deathbear

Jul 8, 2003
Manitoba
Visit site
nash61 said:
I'd dress these lines...

Line 1: Mario Lemieux - Joe Sakic - Jarome Iginla
Line 2: Brad Richards - Vincent Lecavalier - Martin St.Louis
Line 3: Ryan Smyth - Joe Thornton - Danny Heatley
Checking Line: Kirk Maltby - Kris Draper - Shane Doan
Extras: Simon Gagne - Patrick Marleau - Brendan Morrow

#1: Martin Brodeur
#2: Roberto Luongo
#3: Jose Theodore

i like these lines the best.

only changes i'd make would be to put hannan in instead of brewer, as well as gagne instead of smyth.

that certainly seems like a dig on the oilers doesn't it? that's not my intention at all. and if you oiler fans don't like it, just be glad i'm not the coach. :D

MrMastodonFarm*

Jul 5, 2004
Hemsky83 said:
Brewer and Jovonovski only played as a pair in the first game. Brewer played with Foote the last 2 exhibition games and Jovonovski played with Redden.
Sorry, I used the wrong wording. Not the pairing, but the pair of players, Brewer and Jovo have been Dr. Cough up and his assistant Cough up. One of them should sit, probably Brewer.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
How do people have Marleau out of the lineup its just ridiculous. Im sorry but Draper, Morrow, Maltby in the lineup over this guy common.

mrush

Jan 4, 2003
Visit site
i dont care for the rest of the lines but i want this line to happen

Heatley-Lecavalier-Iginla

Sakic hasn't been playing well and Iggy and Heatley seem to have some Chemistry while Vinny and Heatley have Chemistry so put those three together and you got the #1 scoring line of the World Cup.

MrMastodonFarm*

Jul 5, 2004
mrush said:
Heatley-Lecavalier-Iginla
That could be a deadly line... although the brute force Heatley - Thornton - Iginla showed last night during the breif stint they were together impressed me. A fantastic mix of power and talent.

oil slick

Feb 6, 2004
deathbear said:
i like these lines the best.

only changes i'd make would be to put hannan in instead of brewer, as well as gagne instead of smyth.

that certainly seems like a dig on the oilers doesn't it? that's not my intention at all. and if you oiler fans don't like it, just be glad i'm not the coach. :D

May the flees of a thousand camels infest your armpits. :) I could see the Brewer out thing, but from just listening to a few of the games, it seems Smyth has been one of the better forwards thus far.

ComrieFanatic

Dec 27, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
if maltby and draper are going to be dressed they HAVE to be on the same line. quinn cannot be playing them alone because then the grinding they are looking for is gone and it also puts 2 guys with sub par offensive skills with the likes of thornton, sakic and lemieux,.

DownFromNJ

Mar 7, 2004
Draper is not a joke. The guy just won the Selke trophy for a reason...

There needs to be a shut down line.

sharkyz15

Jul 13, 2003
The Dirty Dirty SC
Visit site
bert said:
How do people have Marleau out of the lineup its just ridiculous. Im sorry but Draper, Morrow, Maltby in the lineup over this guy common.

Agreed

It's not a quistion of if but when in regards to hannan playing in the tournament

I know Quinn fall fall in love with the guy on the ice

Put him out there instead of Brewer

ZDogg

Aug 10, 2004
Lethbridge, AB
Heatley - Sakic - Iginla
St.Louis - Richards - Lemieux
Marleau - Thornton - Lecavalier
Smyth - Draper - Doan

Bench
Gagne, Morrow, Maltby

Niedermayer - Regehr
Foote - Brewer
Hannan - Redden

Bench
Jovonovski, Boumeester

I think Draper needs to play... he earned this spot on the team and we need him to check the other teams best players. Defense pairings have one bruiser and one offensive player on each line, so they should balance well. I think Jovo needs to sit... IMO this guy causes more goals against than anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->