Heatley
Lecavalier

big_steve

Dec 6, 2003
Newfoundland
Heatley
Iginla
Sakic

hmmm....I wouldn't know whom to put there for the other two spots. I think it'd be between Spezza, Crosby, Lecavalier, and Lemieux. I'll go with Spezza and Crosby out of them two.

TORRUS

May 31, 2004
Beli
Why are peolple putting Iginla? :dunno:

As I heard, he sucks at shootouts. And that's what most Flames' fans think.

Viflux

May 6, 2005
www.holypuck.com
Heatley
Crosby
Lecavalier
Nash
Bourque...oops, I mean Richards

Seriously though, having Bourque in the shootout and the best player in the history of the planet sitting on the bench still burns.

joe_shannon_1983*

thomasincanada said:
You may be right - good thing the game between Canada and Russia will be over well before a shootout. :sarcasm:

Malik isn't Russian.

joe_shannon_1983*

Viflux said:
Heatley
Crosby
Lecavalier
Nash
Bourque...oops, I mean Richards

Seriously though, having Bourque in the shootout and the best player in the history of the planet sitting on the bench still burns.

Bourque was a stupid choice. But in my opinion Gretzky wouldn't have been a very good choice either. By 1998, Gretzky had declined to nothing more than a 15-20 goal scorer. Plus, he was never good at breakaways to begin with.

Yzerman should have been the player who took Bourque's spot in the 1998 shootout.

Viflux

May 6, 2005
www.holypuck.com
ferns8916 said:
Bourque was a stupid choice. But in my opinion Gretzky wouldn't have been a very good choice either. By 1998, Gretzky had declined to nothing more than a 15-20 goal scorer. Plus, he was never good at breakaways to begin with.

Yzerman should have been the player who took Bourque's spot in the 1998 shootout.

What Gretzky had declined to is irrelevant.

It was a sad moment to see the best player ever sitting on the bench while infinitely less talented individuals were given an opportunity.

Lindros
Shanny
Yzerman
Sakic
Gretzky

Unless I'm forgetting someone.

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
I agree with most people, except this year I think you'd be crazy not to go with Gagne.

joe_shannon_1983*

100mph slapshot said:
1. Joe Sakic
2. Sidney Crosby
3. Scott Niedermayer
4. Jason Spezza
5. Dany Heatley

This would have the potential to be a Nagano-style debacle.

If Canada used Scott Niedermayer in a shootout, and lost the shootout, then Scott Niedermayer would become the new Raymond Bourque.

100mph slapshot

Nov 19, 2005
Finland
ferns8916 said:
This would have the potential to be a Nagano-style debacle.

If Canada used Scott Niedermayer in a shootout, and lost the shootout, then Scott Niedermayer would become the new Raymond Bourque.

Except Scott would score. No doubt about it. :bow:

Zetterberg4Captain*

1. Heatley
2. Crosby
3. Sakic
4. Gagne
5. Thornton

David

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
FisticufsFred22 said:
with all the other talent that canada has, giving Crosby a shootout spot would be a waste.

Heatley
Lecavalier
Staal
Sakic
Gagne

Did you not see what Sid did under ALL that pressure as the final shooter in Montreal, his favorite team and in front of his parents?

This kid lives for the BIG moments and can deliver when it matters! He has shown that he has knack for coming through when under a pressure cooker. Olympic shoot outs would be the perfect place for Sidney Crosby!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad