Team Canada - Who would have played in the NHL this season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stefan_Latulippe

Mar 9, 2004
Hi,

From Team Canada, who would have been in the NHL this season and would they have played in the WJC?

I know that Bergeron would have stayed with the Bruins. Dion Phaneuf would have been in the NHL for sure.

Thanks.

Macman

May 15, 2004
Phaneuf, Carter, Bergeron and Getzlaf would be in the NHL for sure. Richards, Stewart and Weber maybe. Only NHL GMs can say if they would have freed up anybody for the worlds, but they usually don't.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
It's funny, because there are guys that did not make the team that may have been in the NHL this year. Doug MacLean said that Alexandre Picard (CLB) had a good chance at making their roster, for example. And, had there been an NHL, I'm sure that everyone would have been saying how awful it was that Canada lacked one of their better players for the tournament.

And that is, perhaps, the best thing about this team.

This was NOT the best team that could have been sent. And I'm not talking about the guys from the Q that were overlooked, or the top scorers from the W. Think about how this team would have been with Nathan Horton and Brent Burns (as a defender instead of Syvret) would have been.

Lessy

Jul 21, 2004
Sudbury
I'd say Carter, Phaneuf and Bergeron would definitely be in the NHL, Getzlaf maybe. I doubt Richards or Stewart or Weber would be playing NHL this year even though Stewart is more NHL ready of the three. I can't see Richards on the Flyers with all the centres they already have. Handzus, Roenick, Primeau, then I'd think Carter is next on the depth chart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad