Team Canada Training Camp

Status
Not open for further replies.

big_steve

Dec 6, 2003
Newfoundland
Okay, if you were Brent Sutter whom would you pick to make Team Canada's training camp.(don't include Horton) Also, if you don't mind post whom you think is going to make the team and the lines. This is a little early but I'm far too hyped up about this tournament so I made this thread now.

Belizarius

Sep 17, 2003
Southern France
www.passionhockey.com
My prediction (a lot of returning players, invaluable experience)

Goalie :
Ryan Munce, David Shantz

Defense (all whl.. maybe Syvret? Picard?):
Braydon Coburn, Dion Phaneuf
Brent Burns, Cameron Barker
Brent Seabrook, Shawn Belle
Shea Weber/Danny Syvret

Forwards :
Patrice Bergeron, Sidney Crosby, Correy Perry
Jeff Carter, Anthony Stewart, Nigel Dawes
Clarke McArthur, Gilbert Brule, Evan McGrath
Mike Richards, Ryan Getzlaf, Alexandre Picard

SeLaine

May 26, 2004
Forwards

Bergeron Crosby Carter
Dawes Richards Stewart
Getzlaf Stone Fehr
Picard Colliton Dixon

Defence

Phaneuf Green
Coburn Seabrook
Barker Burns
Belle Weber

Goal

Beauchemin
Shantz

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
LW - C - RW
Bergeron - Crosby - Perry (will score... a lot)
Dawes - Carter - Stewart (were great last time around)
Picard - Stone - Fehr (Wheaties click well...add Picard for even more energy)
Dixon - Richards - Getzlaf (all have experience, skill and leadership)
Extra: Gilbert Brule (bring him into the whole experience and let him compete for icetime)

D-Men:
Phaneuf, Coburn, Burns, Weber, Barker, Green, Belle. (size, skill, experience and toughness. Could be best in world)

Goalies:
Pretty up in the air....
Nastiuk, Dubnyk and Beauchemin are my best guess.

C-Saku Koivu MTL

Aug 26, 2004
Montreal
mazmin said:
LW - C - RW
Extra: Gilbert Brule (bring him into the whole experience and let him compete for icetime)

D-Men:
Phaneuf, Coburn, Burns, Weber, Barker, Green, Belle. (size, skill, experience and toughness. Could be best in world)

Goalies:
Pretty up in the air....

I pretty much agree with it but I would switch Dixon for Chipchura or Colliton and keep Seabrook on D. But alot will be played during the trainning camp.

And I dont want to start anything but could goalies be our big, big, big question mark going into the tournament?Maybe a younger one like Alexandre Vincent could come in and steal the show just like Fleury did.

hfboardsuser

Nov 18, 2004
Getzlaf-Begeron-Crosby
Fehr-Carter-Perry
Dawes-Richards-Stewart
Colliton-Chipchura-Pouliot

Coburn Phaneuf
Barker Seabrook
Green Weber

Dubnyk
Beauchemin

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
mazmin said:
LW - C - RW

D-Men:

Goalies:
Pretty up in the air....

If Burns comes back, I'd put him, Getzlaf, and Carter on line two. Then Richards centers the Dawes-Stewart line, and Dixon sits.

Isn't Jeff Tambellini eligible also? If so, he gets worked in somehow. While Perry would be an early candidate to get bumped off for him, him and Crosby would be an unstoppable pair.

Avery4Byng*

I dont want to knock anyones roster because they all look good. But on D I don't think Shawn Belle is at the calibre of some of the other guys on these lists. I believe he is rather overrated and his progress hasnt been that great as of late. Also I would take Nastiuk over Dubnyk in a heartbeat.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Hercules Rockefeller said:
If Burns comes back, I'd put him, Getzlaf, and Carter on line two. Then Richards centers the Dawes-Stewart line, and Dixon sits.

Isn't Jeff Tambellini eligible also? If so, he gets worked in somehow. While Perry would be an early candidate to get bumped off for him, him and Crosby would be an unstoppable pair.

I think Burns has actually converted to defense full time.

I believe Tambellini has an '84 birthdate so is not eligible. Even if he was I'd like to see what Perry can do... his numbers are just too damn good this year.

C-Saku Koivu MTL said:
I pretty much agree with it but I would switch Dixon for Chipchura or Colliton and keep Seabrook on D. But alot will be played during the trainning camp.

And I dont want to start anything but could goalies be our big, big, big question mark going into the tournament?Maybe a younger one like Alexandre Vincent could come in and steal the show just like Fleury did.

I actually agree that Colliton would be a better fit on my 4th line as he provides more grit than Dixon. They would both be returning members but Canada seems to have enough RW's so I picked Dixon who can play LW. How about Fraser or MacArthur at LW? Little more grit there, but I like Dixon a lot...he would put up great numbers if his team didn't stink.

As for Seabrook I thought I'd put Belle instead as he seems to be a very intimidating player. He can get some serious power behind his hits and is quite the presence. I'd have him as a 7th d-man, a position in which Seabrooke would be less effective.

I don't think Vincent has even been considered for the position. Most would agree it's between: Beauchemin, Dubnyk, Pogge, Shantz, Munce, Nastiuk and maybe one or two other guys.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
Don_Cherry said:
I think Dawes on a line with Bergeron and Crosby would be nearly unstoppable.
Yeah,they would probably be great but don't you think they will keep Dawes line
from last year together.An awful lot of chemistry there.I think you will see Crosby
and Bergeron together but the big question is who will be there line mate.I'd like
to see Brule or Perry myself but knowing Team Canada they will probably put in a
bigger guy.Well actually I think Horton will be there so that could change things.

Last edited:

MrMastodonFarm*

Jul 5, 2004
LadyByngJeanRatelle said:
No way Mike Green is not on the team. The only dman I'd take over him is Phaneuf.
Considering he is a year younger then most of the guys listed, and they all played on the team last year I doubt Mike Green is going to be on the team this year.

Weber Fan

Feb 13, 2003
Quebec city
Visit site
Getzlaf-Carter-Perry
Bergeron-Crosby-Stone
Dawes-Richards-Stewart
Colliton-Chipchura-Dixon
Bolland

Seabrook-Phaneuf
Coburn-Barker
Burns-Belle
Weber

Nastiuk, Shantz

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
Peter said:
Four guys that have to be considered somewhere along the line: Chipchura, MacArthur, Meyer and Nastiuk.
Meyer for sure along with Nastiuk. Chipchura is a solid player as well, but I know Meyer won't make it.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
Eros cap I agree Fehr should be there but I thought that last year too.
ALSO,according to another board Mackenzie interviewed Sutter and they
won't be taking any new players from the Q and it sounds like they will load
up from the WHL.I hope they don't continue that mentality and play Crosby
5-6 minutes a game again.

reffree

Apr 24, 2003
ste-justine québec
Visit site
pei fan said:
Eros cap I agree Fehr should be there but I thought that last year too.
ALSO,according to another board Mackenzie interviewed Sutter and they
won't be taking any new players from the Q and it sounds like they will load
up from the WHL.I hope they don't continue that mentality and play Crosby
5-6 minutes a game again.

What ????

It's fun to have players like Getzlaf and Burns on defensive line but these guy's miss so much open net last year ... Sutter or not I think you need some offensive talent to win, and there's 3-5 guys in the Q that can fill the need. (Pouliot, Bernier, Picard, Bourret, Roussin) I'm not saying that they all have to make the team but to see none of them on the team is a shame.

Papadice

Apr 29, 2003
Moncton, NB, Canada
www.myfhl.net
My Lineup, if I were Sutter...

Forwards:

Patrice Bergeron--------Sidney Crosby--------Corey Perry
Alexandre Picard--------Jeff Carter----------Anthony Stewart
Mike Richards-----------Ryan Getzlaf---------Eric Fehr
Jeremy Colliton---------Kyle Chipchura-------Brent Burns

Forward Extras:

Gilbert Brule
Steve Bernier
Evan McGrath

Defense:

Dion Phaneuf------------Cam Barker
Braydon Coburn----------Brent Seabrook
Shawn Belle-------------Mike Green

Defense Extras:

Shea Weber
Marc Staal

Goaltenders:

Kevin Nastiuk
Devan Dubnyk

Explanation:

That top line is lethal. The 2nd line would be VERY tough to handle as well. The third is a solid line overall and the 4th is a big energy line. The main reason that I have Burns there is that I like his versatility (forward/defense) but I don't think he should be in our top 6 on the point.

For extra forwards, Brule is there mainly for the experience. I think Bernier could easily factor into the starting 12 forwards too. He has great size and excellent offense so he could be a very good fill in. Plus, he's really improved his overall game this year. McGrath has had a very solid year and could suprise a lot of people.

On defense, I think overall that is the best lineup I have EVER seen in a WJC. Weber is a solid 8th dman (if there was an injury I'd bring Burns back first). Staal again, is just there for the experience.

For the goaltenders, IMHO it's a no brainer for the starting spot. Unless Nastiuk completely falls apart in the next month, the starting spot is his. He has proven that with his play this year AND last year. I think there are goaltenders playing better than Dubnyk right now, but I want a backup with an 86 birthday so he can potentially move into a starters role next year and of those 86 birthdays, he seams to be the most solid. Nastiuk should play all the games anyways.

I'm not sure what the roster maximums are for the WJC. My lineup above has 25 players. I really like my lineup though. I think there is a lot of room for flexibility in the lineup. :handclap: With the potential lineup we can ice for this year's tourny, I will be SHOCKED if we don't take home the gold. This should definitely be our year!

Pedrostallion1

Jun 29, 2004
tgallant said:
My Lineup, if I were Sutter...

Forwards:

Patrice Bergeron--------Sidney Crosby--------Corey Perry
Alexandre Picard--------Jeff Carter----------Anthony Stewart
Mike Richards-----------Ryan Getzlaf---------Eric Fehr
Jeremy Colliton---------Kyle Chipchura-------Brent Burns

Forward Extras:

Gilbert Brule
Steve Bernier
Evan McGrath

Defense:

Dion Phaneuf------------Cam Barker
Braydon Coburn----------Brent Seabrook
Shawn Belle-------------Mike Green

Defense Extras:

Shea Weber
Marc Staal

Goaltenders:

Kevin Nastiuk
Devan Dubnyk

Explanation:

That top line is lethal. The 2nd line would be VERY tough to handle as well. The third is a solid line overall and the 4th is a big energy line. The main reason that I have Burns there is that I like his versatility (forward/defense) but I don't think he should be in our top 6 on the point.

For extra forwards, Brule is there mainly for the experience. I think Bernier could easily factor into the starting 12 forwards too. He has great size and excellent offense so he could be a very good fill in. Plus, he's really improved his overall game this year. McGrath has had a very solid year and could suprise a lot of people.

On defense, I think overall that is the best lineup I have EVER seen in a WJC. Weber is a solid 8th dman (if there was an injury I'd bring Burns back first). Staal again, is just there for the experience.

For the goaltenders, IMHO it's a no brainer for the starting spot. Unless Nastiuk completely falls apart in the next month, the starting spot is his. He has proven that with his play this year AND last year. I think there are goaltenders playing better than Dubnyk right now, but I want a backup with an 86 birthday so he can potentially move into a starters role next year and of those 86 birthdays, he seams to be the most solid. Nastiuk should play all the games anyways.

I'm not sure what the roster maximums are for the WJC. My lineup above has 25 players. I really like my lineup though. I think there is a lot of room for flexibility in the lineup. :handclap: With the potential lineup we can ice for this year's tourny, I will be SHOCKED if we don't take home the gold. This should definitely be our year!

So you've left off last years leading point getter (tied) Nigel Dawes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad