Team Canada to announce Roster this afternoon

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
will it be announced live? this sounds like JD is on now

lets not forget, not everyone will accept, so i'm sure there are players who are 30th-40th on Canada's list who are on

PinkFloydLives

May 14, 2004
Why would they announce it tomorrow?

Do they not have until May 30th to announce the lineup? Why the rush?

big_steve

Dec 6, 2003
Newfoundland
PinkFloydLives said:

Yeah, I think Gretz should wait, especially to catch more of Patrick Marleau, Keith Primeau, & Robyn Regehr whom are all definitely up in the air at this point. Yet, I'm dying to here the announcement.

ladybugblue

May 5, 2004
Edmonton, AB
PinkFloydLives said:

I think they will be announcing that Bertuzzi has been added to the Roster and it will give Team Canada and company some time to find out if he will be reinstated. I don't know this for sure but I am guessing. This would give them time to find out if he can play and if he cannot, name a replacement. I can't think of another reason they are naming the roster this early.

PinkFloydLives

May 14, 2004
ladybugblue said:
I think they will be announcing that Bertuzzi has been added to the Roster and it will give Team Canada and company some time to find out if he will be reinstated. I don't know this for sure but I am guessing. This would give them time to find out if he can play and if he cannot, name a replacement. I can't think of another reason they are naming the roster this early.

Excellent point. I had not thought of this

Brett38

Feb 25, 2004
I think all teams have to officially have their rosters in by May 26, 04. Thats on a Wednesday. Canada, as you already know, will have theirs made public tomorrow.

Brodeur
Luongo
Belfour

Lemeiux
Sakic
Iginla
Yzerman
Heatly
Nash
Primeau
Smyth
Kariya