WC: Team Canada Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
Barzal looks very dynamic, lots of points and had a goal taken away by a rather stupid crease violation call. Only potential issue is overhandling the puck (bringing back WJC memories) but he's only done that against teams that couldn't hurt Canada anyway. Beauvillier has been a little bit of a disappointment to me thus far. Everything looks too rushed. He has the talent to make better on his chances going forward.

Nice, I'm surprised that Canada asked but I'm not surprised that Vlasic accepted. No Canadian player has been as vocal about international hockey in recent years. Vlasic should really shore up the left side and provide good support for Canada's bombers on the right side. I'm curious to see who gets bumped for him... hopefully not Chabot but that is my guess right now. I'd lean toward Nurse for now.

I believe that Canada could add one more skater and one more goaltender.

Thanks

Not overly surprising. I'd expect nothing less from Barzal, the kid has all the makings of an elite player for years to come.

As for Beauvillier I've been a big fan of him, but he is still pretty raw, and he could afford to add some more muscle to his frame. I think he's a couple years away from being a very good player. He's got all the traits, just needs to put it all together.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Hope we get to see that someday for sure. Maybe in the 2022 Olympics? Crosby will be 34 then but he should still be able to play great hockey.

Laineux

Aug 1, 2011
Hope we get to see that someday for sure. Maybe in the 2022 Olympics? Crosby will be 34 then but he should still be able to play great hockey.
2020 World Cup.

Can't see them making the U24 team again. It would cause riots if 23yo McDavid wouldn't be able to represent with Sid. Major tempering with important hockey history.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
2020 World Cup.

Can't see them making the U24 team again. It would cause riots if 23yo McDavid wouldn't be able to represent with Sid. Major tempering with important hockey history.

I doubt very much there'll be a 2020 WC. due to pending lockout. + they didn't really rake in the $$$$ they thought they would.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
The best time to see Crosby and McDavid in their primes is likely gone because the NHL was stupid enough to use gimmick teams at the 2016 world cup. That was a tournament right before a season in which McDavid won the Hart and Art Ross trophies while Crosby finished second in scoring and won the Conn Smythe and Richard. McDavid will be better in 2020 but Crosby likely will regress somewhat, and that's only if the tournament even takes place.

As for this tournament, Barzal looks a little off in this game. Not a big deal at this point obviously. This looks like the fourth game in a row where I find the usage of Schenn perplexing as well.

Reactions: Thegreatwar

Hockeyisl1fe

Dec 8, 2016
It's funny how differently you guys react to declines. Posters in Finnish forums are legitimately ready to make Ristolainen an outlaw for not attending three times in a row :laugh:.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
It's funny how differently you guys react to declines. Posters in Finnish forums are legitimately ready to make Ristolainen an outlaw for not attending three times in a row :laugh:.

We just generally care less about this tournament.

If someone declined the Olympics they'd be harangue'd.

Feb 24, 2017
2020 World Cup.

There wouldn’t be riots. Just message board whining and a couple critical articles written for the consumption of said message board whiners.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
We just generally care less about this tournament.

If someone declined the Olympics they'd be harangue'd.

Roy still gets flack sometimes for skipping the Olympics in 2002, though having Brodeur/Joseph/Belfour/Burke/Theodore as options helps mitigate that. I am still annoyed at Bourque's various Canada/World Cup refusals though. Especially the 1996 World Cup.

WadeRedden

Feb 24, 2016
Joel Edmunson is so bad.

Beauvillier/Barzal/Eberle line looks great imo, although they haven't converted on nearly enough chances.

McDavid is McDavid.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
McDavid was excellent.

Vlasic was abysmal and our goalies were even worse.

Bear12Good

Dec 7, 2015
Russia
Canada much better Finland.
Canada lose this game because dont have good goalie. With good goalie Canada unbeatable team (like USA basket team) .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad