WC: Team Canada Roster Thread 2021

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I like Perfetti and Power coming along as they may be key WJC pieces next year, particularly if NHL teams are reasonable. This is also looking like the weakest Canadian team since the 1960s when there were no NHLers. I wouldn't expect Power or Perfetti to be huge contributors at this level yet but hopefully they do get some valuable experience.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Comtois - Henrique - Brown
Paul - Mangiapane - Dubé
Hagel - Vilardi - Bunting
Jaret Anderson Dolan - Foudy - Perfetti
Danforth, Pirri

Ferraro - Strecher
Beaudin - Miller
Bahl - Walker
Power - Schneider

Kuemper
Hill
Dipietro

Has to be the weakest Canada in a very long time. Still a good team. Lots of young players with good potential. Take a look at other nations rosters, its not exactly dream teams they have either.

Due to Covid, 28 players is allowed, so 3 more players can be added. Batherson and Corban Knight are rumored to take 2 of those spots.​

Last edited:

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
I'm actually looking forward to it. a few young, promising players to follow. I suspect they should play a 1/4 final game, and after that...who knows? A team with a decent coach and is motivated could find a little magic. but no big shakes if they don't.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
An official entry list for Canada published at the IIHF site:

http://reports.iihf.hockey/Hydra/748//IHM7480CAN_32E_1_0_CAN.pdf

Some names I haven't seen mentioned in the thread:

Jaret Anderson-Dolan
Kevin Bahl
Nicolas Beaudin
Connor Brown
Justin Danforth
Mario Ferraro
Liam Foudy
Colin Miller
Brandon Pirri
Troy Stetcher
Gabe Vilardi
Sean Walker

Nice find.

Interesting team with several recent WJC players and a few should have been WJC players in guys like Brown, Beaudin, Ferraro, and Vilardi. Gallant should be good with this group. It will be really interesting to see which guys get leaned on. Interesting that Hockey Canada brought Dube's brother along as team staff.

Last edited:

Hollywood3

Bison/Jet/Moose Fan
May 12, 2007
But you HAVE NHL players thou, almost everyone of your players are NHL:ers, young but, NHL:rs.
and plenty of slightly older ones as well, like's of Kuemper (31), Henrique (31), Pirri (30)
The point is that you don't need high profile NHL players to have a good team.

Hollywood3

Bison/Jet/Moose Fan
May 12, 2007
Any word on pre-tournament games? Last year Canada was supposed to stop off in the UK.

peconcan

Apr 24, 2020
Hope the last 3 players they add are either legit NHLers or 3 more young guys

garbageteam

Jan 7, 2010
Hope the last 3 players they add are either legit NHLers or 3 more young guys

They'll probably wait like they always do for round 1 PO exits. Usually they pick up a decent final piece and maybe even a small difference maker, but it is a COVID year...

Hollywood3

Bison/Jet/Moose Fan
May 12, 2007
They'll probably wait like they always do for round 1 PO exits. Usually they pick up a decent final piece and maybe even a small difference maker, but it is a COVID year...
Be nice if McDavid is gone in 4!

Last edited:

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005

Normally I would agree, but I’m sure Covid messes that up with travel and quarantining and all that. Might be all we get.

Pandaman11

Dec 3, 2009
I have no idea if fans will be allowed, but as a Swiss, I'm glad I didn't pay $100+ to see this off-brand package at the 2020 worlds (assuming they would've happened, of course)

PS is Justin Danforth the forward version of Chris Lee?

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Can't wait till the CAN/USA Game May 23 :popcorn:

IIHF - Schedule and Results 2021 IIHF ICE HOCKEY WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

SecZKRHp3QxHlP417kl3xM-ta1dDqkN8nxtBEKFVFAk.png

Last edited:

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Goalkeepers: Darcy Kuemper (Arizona, NHL), Adin Hill (Arizona, NHL), Michael DiPietro (Utica, AHL).

Defenders: Braden Schneider (Hartford, AHL), Sean Walker (Los Angeles, NHL), Mario Ferraro (San Jose, NHL), Nicolas Beaudin (Chicago, NHL), Owen Power (Michigan, NCAA), Colin Miller (Buffalo, NHL) ), Troy Stecher (Detroit, NHL), Kevin Bahl (Binghamton, AHL).

Forwards: Justin Danforth (Podolsk, KHL), Brandon Hagel (Chicago, NHL), Connor Brown (Ottawa, NHL), Maxime Comtois (Anaheim, NHL), Michael Bunting (Arizona, NHL), Andrew Mangiapane (Calgary, NHL), Cole Perfetti (Manitoba, AHL), Gabe Vilardi (Los Angeles, NHL), Adam Henrique (Anaheim, NHL), Nick Paul (Ottawa, NHL), Liam Foudy (Columbus, NHL), Dillon Dubé (Calgary, NHL), Jaret Anderson-Dolan (Los Angeles, NHL), Brandon Pirri (Rockford, AHL).

As a Czech I'm ecstatic that we have 6 guys from the NHL.. seems high to me.

This team has about 18 or so NHL players including 2 goalies. 2 of the non NHL players are Owen Powers who will go first overall and Cole Perfetti who will be a very good NHLer.

No other country will have anywhere near this close to NHL talent. I actually think their salary would be much higher than the second highest paid team in this tourney too!

Medal favorite for sure!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad