Team Canada revealed today in Calgary

Status
Not open for further replies.

PapaBear*

How would you have the lines? I would have it like this. Would love to see Nash on the top line with Thornton and Heater! Re-unite them three love birds! The only thing is we have 5 LW and 3 RW, so one has to play RW for the time-being.

Nash-Thornton-Gagne

I would like to see Nash-Thornton-Heatley, but never put all the baskets in one bread.

Smyth-Morrison-Heatley

Heatley on the 2nd line spreads the offense out and gives the 2nd line a more scoring threat.

Morrow-Marleau-Doan

Power forward line!!!

Maltby-Draper-Fisher

(I know Doan should be here, but I would give Doan a more off. role with the absense of iggy, Sakic, mario, etc...Fisher would be as good of fit and he would be the perfect linemate for Malts and Drapes)

Scott Hannan-Ed Jovanovski
Wade Redden-Robyn Regehr
Sheldon Souray-Dan Boyle
Chris Phillips

Martin Brodeur
Roberto Luongo
Marty Turco

PapaBear*

forgot to mention, if Bert is reinstated he will be on the team.

Injektilo

Feb 3, 2005
Taiwan
One more player to be named..... Could be Bertuzzi, but I doubt it.

Who then? Shawn Horcoff? Still hoping for St. Louis to come around? I don't remember him ever saying no, but I must have missed it....

PapaBear*

Nash-Thornton-Gagne

This has the potential to be a very dominant unstoppable line. Nash and Thornton have played together back in JR's and the reason I put gagne on the RW is to make up for Nash "less" defensive awareness. Gagne is just an awesome player, and Thornton, Nash will dominate! Plus their all pretty darn cute :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Resolute

Mar 4, 2005
AB
PapaBear said:
forgot to mention, if Bert is reinstated he will be on the team.

One more reason to hope that Bert isnt reinstated. It would be hard enough watching team NHLPA right now, adding him would turn my interest down to zero.

I dont see it as being likely though. If Bertuzzi was going to be reinstated in time, I would think the process would really have to be moving forward by now.

Steveorama

Aug 20, 2003
Oakville, ON
Visit site
Won't happen. Bettman will not reinstate Bertuzzi until the new CBA is signed, for the simple reason that the league has nothing to gain until that time by letting him play again.
The spot was left open for:
1) hope that St. Louis's wife and baby are well enough that Martin will go to Europe.
2) hope that a good AHL player is bumped from the playoffs ie. Bouwmeester or Spezza.
3) an outside shot that one of the injured guys makes a miraculous recovery.

If none of these things happen, they'll take one of many decent Canadian forwards still available.

Eddie Vedder

Sep 8, 2003
Steveorama said:
Won't happen. Bettman will not reinstate Bertuzzi until the new CBA is signed, for the simple reason that the league has nothing to gain until that time by letting him play again.
The spot was left open for:
1) hope that St. Louis's wife and baby are well enough that Martin will go to Europe.
2) hope that a good AHL player is bumped from the playoffs ie. Bouwmeester or Spezza.
3) an outside shot that one of the injured guys makes a miraculous recovery.

If none of these things happen, they'll take one of many decent Canadian forwards still available.

I said much the same in a different thread in the international tournament section. Couple more possibles to the list: brad richards, danny briere, sean horcoff.

However, Bertuzzi is the better (if not most controversial) possibility for the mystery player. I know berts not the most popular guy these days but hes still a damn dominating presence on the ice, and you cant argue that.

thenextone

Mar 19, 2005
New York City
If Bettman and Goodenow are serious about rebuilding the NHL he will realize how big the World Champs might be to market the players and the game.

If he's reinstated, at the very least, privatley between the NHL and the IIHF, Bertuzzi will be on the team.

This is Tambellini and Gretzky's call once Bettman gives the OK, and there is no doubt both of them want Todd on the team.

PapaBear*

FreshBrew said:
I said much the same in a different thread in the international tournament section. Couple more possibles to the list: brad richards, danny briere, sean horcoff.

However, Bertuzzi is the better (if not most controversial) possibility for the mystery player. I know berts not the most popular guy these days but hes still a damn dominating presence on the ice, and you cant argue that.

Are you kidding? Shawn freaking Hor-cough ?

I'd rather see my teddy bear "Pebbles" play. *not saying you are bad or anything Pebs* :)

Eddie Vedder

Sep 8, 2003
PapaBear said:
Are you kidding? Shawn freaking Hor-cough ?

I'd rather see my teddy bear "Pebbles" play. *not saying you are bad or anything Pebs* :)

Sean horcoff deserves it from the way hes played in europe (some would argue) personally i dont think hes got any place on team canada, but thats for tambo to decide.

On a side note, im getting much closer to putting you on my ignore list.

Vic Rattlehead*

PapaBear said:
Nash-Thornton-Gagne

This has the potential to be a very dominant unstoppable line. Nash and Thornton have played together back in JR's and the reason I put gagne on the RW is to make up for Nash "less" defensive awareness. Gagne is just an awesome player, and Thornton, Nash will dominate! Plus their all pretty darn cute :)
They played together with Davos in Switzerland though, this past year.
Did they play together in Juniors? I know they played for the same team, but when Thornton was drafted, Nash was too young for juniors I believe.

Last edited by a moderator:

Eb0la11

Aug 28, 2004
Calgary
Is there a schedule for when they are practicing? Is it open to the public? I just got laid off of my job and would love to spend my afternoon watching them practice. Any idea?

Burnaby_Joe*

Eb0la11 said:
I just got laid off of my job and would love to spend my afternoon watching them practice.

To bad there's no hockey, huh? Drink beer, watch the playoffs, and you don't have to worry about work or school the next morning. ;)

nikki9

Mar 19, 2005
Jadakiss said:
To bad there's no hockey, huh? Drink beer, watch the playoffs, and you don't have to worry about work or school the next morning. ;)

That's the life!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->