Vincent Lecavalier
Brad Richards
Martin St. Louis
Kris Draper

Alternates
Eric Staal
Jason Spezza
Bryan McCabe

- Draper is the selection that bugs me most. I don't mind taking Draper-type player, but Draper is almost 35, has 1 goal, and looks to be on steep decline. Mike Fisher (just to name one) is a better choice as a checking/PK center.

- Staal has to be on the team. Best 5-on-5 player in hockey right now. Creates offense by himself. I'd take him over, say, Martin St. Louis without thinking twice. I'm sure he could play wing if needed.

- the fuss over Crosby is ridiculous. Doesn't belong there, wasn't named. Good.

- our defense scares me. Foote, Blake, and Jovanovski all having poor seasons. Regehr I'm not sold on on the international ice. It's a little frightening how few young guys are staking a place on this team. Same cast of characters as in 2002.

blitzkriegs

May 26, 2003
Beach & Mtn & Island
Visit site
MS said:
- Staal has to be on the team. Best 5-on-5 player in hockey right now. Creates offense by himself. I'd take him over, say, Martin St. Louis without thinking twice. I'm sure he could play wing if needed.

Yeah, take a guy having a breakout season of 35 games vs. the SC winning and lastyears MVP that started slow, but has played very well in the past 20 games... :biglaugh:

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
Looks pretty good despite some bad selections.

Last edited:

gobolt7

Sep 24, 2003
Florida.
blitzkriegs said:
Yeah, take a guy having a breakout season of 35 games vs. the SC winning and lastyears MVP that started slow, but has played very well in the past 20 games... :biglaugh:

I dont get how Marty was even "on the bubble" to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad