WJC: Team Canada: goaltending

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
Scott Wedgewood. He's better than both guys in on the team this year without a doubt in my mind and didn't get an invite to camp.

obanga

Dec 11, 2008
Are there any up and coming super studly Canadian goalies à la Jack Campbell?

TonsofPuppies*

Mar 11, 2010
Toronto, ON
Visentin didn't play very good in the 3rd, but he is not the reason Canada lost the game. They came out in the 3rd with a sense of entitlement and expected the Russians to roll over and die and played pathetic in the final frame. They deserved to lose and the Russians deserved to win. They are a disgrace to the country.

Magnum Crackoff

Nov 14, 2006
Visentin didn't play very good in the 3rd, but he is not the reason Canada lost the game. They came out in the 3rd with a sense of entitlement and expected the Russians to roll over and die and played pathetic in the final frame. They deserved to lose and the Russians deserved to win. They are a disgrace to the country.

I don't agree, he is pretty much one of the main reason why Canada lost, one more key save and we might have won. He's made 1 single good save before the third, on that breakaway in the second. Fact is both our goalies were average.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Granted Visentin didn't make the outstanding save to regain momentum but that might have been the worst period of hockey a Canadian team has EVER played.

Can't blame the goalie really.

Canada just stopped playing and got steamrolled.

Sloth Slothersons*

At least Roy would have gotten the game to a shootout...

chewey

May 27, 2008
Near You!
Granted Visentin didn't make the outstanding save to regain momentum but that might have been the worst period of hockey a Canadian team has EVER played.

Can't blame the goalie really.

Canada just stopped playing and got steamrolled.

Ya you kinda can. ;)

Klaus

Teemu!
May 8, 2010
Winnipeg, MB
Man, Canada needs to work on developing goaltenders. Seriously out of this whole freakin' country we can't have 1 solid netminder?

Although, Viz didn't play that well but he's not the only reason we lost. The boys sat back in the third.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
I'm questioning Visentin's mental abilities. Hes technically fine, but he was definitely shaken after that 2nd Russian goal and was pretty bad at times in the first, probably due to the nerves. He was lights out in the 2nd when Canada had a big lead.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I see that it is easier to continue to throw goaltenders under the bus then it is to face up to a 20 man team's performance.

Marty's fault.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->