Team Canada forwards

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
i'm wondering what forward lines y'all would use for team canada, this is what i came up with in terms of lines i think would work really well

mcdavid - mackinnon - point
marchand - crosby - bergeron
couturier - o'reilly - stone
huberdeau - cirelli - stamkos

wondering what ideas y'all have

Reactions: evolutionbaby

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
i'm wondering what forward lines y'all would use for team canada, this is what i came up with in terms of lines i think would work really well

Cirelli is good but no chance he makes it. Stamkos might be there depending on how sentimental the GM is.
Your missing Scheifele, Tavares and Marner who are locks.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
I do not like Scheifele, but how is being omitted from every lineup I see posted in these threads

Reactions: Pongs21

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
Cirelli is good but no chance he makes it. Stamkos might be there depending on how sentimental the GM is.
Your missing Scheifele, Tavares and Marner who are locks.

Locks are McDavid, MacK, Crosby, Bergeron and Marchand.

Stone, Hall, Huberdeau, Stamkos, ROR, Point, Couturier, Barzal can all be taken over the 3 you mentioned. Probably others too.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
tsn-2022-canada-roster.jpg

It's a bit Canadian team centric but not bad.

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville

Great lineup, but I'd put Scheifele in there somewhere. Perhaps ahead of Stamkos or Couturier.

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
Great lineup, but I'd put Scheifele in there somewhere. Perhaps ahead of Stamkos or Couturier.

Not sure how anyone doesn't have Coots in their lineup. That's an absolute lock for me. Everyone argues about not getting specialty role players (good defense, PKers, etc.), which I agree with, but then people leave off a guy who is a beast at that stuff and brings a ton of offense? Coots is one of my first picks on that team besides a few of the obvious ones.

Mikeshane

Jan 15, 2013
Guys I think are locks right now:
McDavid
MacKinnon
Point
Marchand
Crosby
Bergeron
Scheifele
O'Reilly
Stone

Guys that aren't locks but I think have the inside track:
Huberdeau
Barzal
Marner

After that I'll say 1 vet like Tavares or Stamkos and one younger guy like PLD, Horvat or Konecny.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009

naw. Unlikely Cirelli, Stamkos or even Huberdeau make the team. Doesn't mean they shouldn't. But ....

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Couturier-McDavid-Stone
Tavares-MacKinnon-Marner
Marchand-Crosby-Bergeron
Huberdeau-Stamkos-Point

Barzal/Scheifele

You serious?? Couturier is a bottom 6 forward on team Canada

Tavares is having a brutal start so far. So not sure he makes the team at this rate

The Shadow

Feb 9, 2013
Marner will be on this team I have no doubt

he looks to be better than last year and I don’t see how he doesn’t continue to improve. His work ethic is excellent

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix

Marner is not only one of the highest scoring players in the league, but he's an all situations winger that's great defensively. 0% chance he doesn't make it.

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
Not sure how anyone doesn't have Coots in their lineup. That's an absolute lock for me. Everyone argues about not getting specialty role players (good defense, PKers, etc.), which I agree with, but then people leave off a guy who is a beast at that stuff and brings a ton of offense? Coots is one of my first picks on that team besides a few of the obvious ones.
Yeah, I like him too. I also like Scheifele and Barzal who didn't make this particular cut. This just shows that it doesn't matter what year it is, Canada has enough players for two teams. Don't really care who's on the team, as long as we win Gold.

Reactions: GreatSaveEssensa

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Pretty tough to pick those last few guys as a year out there's still some guys that could turn it around and play themselves onto the team

Marchand - Crosby/Bergeron
Barzal - McDavid/MacKinnon
Huberdeau - Scheifele - Stone
O'Reilly - Couturier - Point

Marner, Stamkos - Hall, Seguin, Tavares, Benn, Horvat, B. Schenn, Tom Wilson would be a fun player to put on the team - who knows. Looks solid and one you could shift around if you wanted to give McD and Mac their own lines as I'm pretty comfortable with any of these guys playing wing or centre.

Did my line-up and saw we had 11 out of 12 the same. I have Couts in over Marner, and then a pretty open battle for 13, 14

Guys I think are locks right now:
McDavid
MacKinnon
Point
Marchand
Crosby
Bergeron
Scheifele
O'Reilly
Stone

Guys that aren't locks but I think have the inside track:
Huberdeau
Barzal
Marner

After that I'll say 1 vet like Tavares or Stamkos and one younger guy like PLD, Horvat or Konecny.

Reactions: Mikeshane

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA

Someone better to replace Cirelli. Impressive line up otherwise.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
These 9 would be a lock for me:

1. Bergeron
  2. Couturier
  3. Crosby
  4. Marchand
  5. McDavid
  6. MacKinnon
  7. O'Reilly
  8. Point
  9. Stone

The offensive and defensive capabilities of that group is insane.

After that I'd consider Barzal, Huberdeau, Marner, Scheifele, Stamkos

Reactions: 13th Floor

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad