Team Canada, Exhibition Game 1 Scouting Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
JasonMacIsaac said:
They may....but thats team Canada and not London Knights.

But what I don't think you understand is that tonight wasn't Canada VS University of Manitoba it was a mixture of players from both teams.... for all intensive purposes it was a glorified intersquad game...

PS London would probably be a top 3 team in the NCAA potential frozen four champs..... IMO

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
JasonMacIsaac said:
Yea, thats it......Im obsessed with a league I have never seen in person.

Well whenever I see you posting on here it's always about talent from the NCAA and you never have anything good/constructive to say about anything else.... Bold predictions seem to appear quite often as well... it's okay though... I understand now for future arguments

Hawker14

Oct 27, 2004
Is it just me or did all the comments that you made look like the complete opposite on TSN? LOL or on other sites and message boards.

Corey Perry looked incredible on a couple of plays and he turned Shawn Belle inside out on his goal... Crosby and Bergereon didn't get much ice because their shoe ins for the team... maybe thats why you didn't think he was doing so well... n

Crosby's assist to Patrice was quite the pass through traffic and it had big league finish on it from Bergereon

Dubnyk looked shakey on his goal but other than that looked strong from my sources.

lol..."from my sources" !!!

anyways... i guess my report is different from TSN's since i actually watched the game (and surprisingly my report was similar to others who watched the game in person who posted on this forum).

btw, if pierre and gord are where you get your trusted info from,or the TSN messageboard for that matter, then well, that's good for you i guess.

however, from now on, i will not post my amateur perceptions until i peruse tsn's analysis and look at what others post on message boards (whether or not they actually attended the game). i shall never have my own thoughts again, on how well a hockey player has played !!!

LOL

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
hawker14 said:
lol..."from my sources" !!!

anyways... i guess my report is different from TSN's since i actually watched the game (and surprisingly my report was similar to others who watched the game in person who posted on this forum).

btw, if pierre and gord are where you get your trusted info from,or the TSN messageboard for that matter, then well, that's good for you i guess.

however, from now on, i will not post my amateur perceptions until i peruse tsn's analysis and look at what others post on message boards (whether or not they actually attended the game). i shall never have my own thoughts again, on how well a hockey player has played !!!

LOL

Well I think they're a little more credible than you are?

Alex Stewart? Good one It's Anthony

Thanks though for the update bud!

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
And I like when people give their opinions... it just seemed weird that what you said never really showed up in the highlights

either way Im glad someone who was their could give a report... as much as I may disagree with some of your statements

Hawker14

Oct 27, 2004
alex...anthony...i apologize for the typo !!!

as to highlights, if u choose to debate the play of players from highlights, instead of watching a full game, then all the power to u !!

i guess u'd never know that shea webber played really well then.

TSN analsyts more credible ? i should hope so, since they're being paid...and, that being said, why would i care if i i'm credible, i'm a fan submitting my opinion... i don't have "sources" like you !!

in any event, i don't really understand your post, since i offered my scouting report of what i saw, and ur disputing it with tsn highlights and with information from your "sources".

maybe you're right. maybe corey perry looked really good tonight and shawn belle looked really bad.

although i'm confident that if what i saw tonight continues, belle will be a member of team canada and perry will be back with the knights.

Hawker14

Oct 27, 2004
How would you know he wouldn't have played well at centre? thats a pretty bold statement talking about the CHLs leading scorer buddy.....

I'd say you stop being biased and start using common sense

lol.... that's a pretty bold statement yourself. especially considering he's been a winger for most of the season with rimouski. perhaps that doesn't show up on the highlights ??

bonefizzle

Dec 5, 2004
hawker14 said:
lol.... that's a pretty bold statement yourself. especially considering he's been a winger for most of the season with rimouski. perhaps that doesn't show up on the highlights ??

crosby has been playing center for rimouski until the last couple of games in which he has played wing and center... but he is a centermen!!

Hawker14

Oct 27, 2004
yeah, but i'm just taking my opinions from what i hear and see on TSN now, as well as my "sources", however uninformed they may be.

sorry

bonefizzle

Dec 5, 2004
hawker14 said:
yeah, but i'm just taking my opinions from what i hear and see on TSN now, as well as my "sources", however uninformed they may be.

sorry
don't worry about it , you'll bounce back ... tommorrow is another day and another training camp :handclap: :handclap: :handclap:

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
ktownhockey said:
I didn't want to sound like an dick but come on....
You really do sound like a dick when you go through an entire thread flaming everyone and making absolutely no (positive) contribution. It's also laughable that you try and challenge eyewitness opinions of a game with "highlights."

Slangston

Buffalo Sabres
Apr 3, 2003
Western New York
I noticed MacArthur dressed for the U of M team. Anyone have impressions how he and the other WJC hopefuls faired against the stacked Canadian roster?

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
JasonMacIsaac said:
University of North Dakota beat these guys 8 - 1 at the start of this season. That tells you how strong college hockey teams are.

Do you read a thread before posting in it? It was a Team Red vs. Team White game with a handful of U of M players to round out the roster. The result gives us absolutely nothing to make any kind of comparisons with.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Slangston_Hughes said:
I noticed MacArthur dressed for the U of M team. Anyone have impressions how he and the other WJC hopefuls faired against the stacked Canadian roster?

Well for starters they beat them. MacArthur specifically didn't look terrible but certainly didn't stand out. In all honesty I wouldn't be surprized if he were among the first cuts.

Flames Draft Watcher

Feb 27, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
JasonMacIsaac said:
Just for those who feel London could compete with a top college team. Team Canada only beat this team 4 - 2, UND blew them out.

You must be thinking of a different thread. This one is about Team Canada's exhibition game, and has nothing to do with how well London would fare against an NCAA team.

bruins_19

Dec 1, 2004
I really hope Cam Barker plays better and gets back on track. He is such a talent and I think if he is on a game he would be a huge asset to team Canada. Can anyone tell me how Stefan Meyer is doing?

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Slangston_Hughes said:
MacArthur wasn't really that noticable I found, will have to really pick up his intensity and game to have a shot. Fraser was downright terrible and shouldn't even be there. I also thought Boyd played pretty good, he was better then Bolland , but not by much as I thought Bolland had a good game. Feher I thought looked out of place playing with Crosby and Bergeron (doesn't have the speed to keep up with those 2), Stone played really well as did Carter, Was dissapointed in Mike Richards and Stewert. On defence Green looked much better then Barker, who absolutly got hammered lol. Belle had a decent game as did weber, but The two OHL guys didn't look all that good and got burnt a few times. Picard was better then expected as well.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
trahans99 said:
How did Bolland and Syvret look? I saw Perry's sweet goal but read he lacked intensity througout the rest of the game.
That is true, Perry tried to do way to much on his own and is going to really have to pick his intensity up, he is not a shoe in. Bolland looked good made a few nice passes, but his linemates were aful all night. Stewert should of showed much better, Syvret I thought struggled, wasn't nearly composed enough with the puck and had a lot of trouble containing forwards down low. He also got beat a few times to the outside by speed.

bonefizzle

Dec 5, 2004
surixon said:
That iSts true, Perry tried to do way to much on his own and is going to really have to pick his intensity up, he is not a shoe in. Bolland looked good made a few nice passes, but his linemates were aful all night. Stewert should of showed much better, Syvret I thought struggled, wasn't nearly composed enough with the puck and had a lot of trouble containing forwards down low. He also got beat a few times to the outside by speed.

I have seen stewart play live alot with the frontenacs... and i mut say that i have always thought that he was over rated. Then last year he went to world juniors and dominated... that was the best hockey i have ever seen him play though... even this year when i have watched him he hasn't played that good.. so i just figured the people around him weren't good enough in kingston and he needs better players like at wj's or florida camp.. anyways just thought i would throw that in there hopefully he picks up.. would like to see him beside crosby

bruins_19

Dec 1, 2004
phaneuf - enough said
coburn - shaky camp but experience with come through
seabrooke - inujured but hopefully not serious
barker - apparently a couple of bumps for barker in camp but talent to strong to be left off the roster
weber - good d-man with mem cup experience
belle - very strong on the puck, good skater
syvret - Ill go with syvret because of greene getting undressed in the first intersquad game

tell me what u think?

Steelerman

Dec 19, 2002
Manitoba
Visit site
I noticed no one has posted the lines from last night's contest, so I'll do that first:

Team Red:

Crosby-Bergeron-Fehr
Ladd-Carter-Colliton
Fraser-Richards-Dixon
Bolland-Meyer-Stewart

Coburn-Syvret
Belle-Barker
Picard-Quincey

Glass, Dubnyk

Team White/U. of M:

MacArthur-Stone-Getzlaf
Dawes-Boyd-Perry
Two lines from U. of M (really liked the McDonald-Jacobsen-Falloon line)

Phaneuf-Weber
Green-(Regan Leslie played here, possibly would have been Seabrook)
U. of M defense pair

Nastiuk, Beauchemin

Comments:

* I felt that most of the players weren't really trying to impress but were trying not to make glaring errors.

* I think Crosby was out of sorts on the left/right wing (he needs more ice to operate) and Bergeron really wasn't the right guy to match with him (even though they combined for the first period goal). Fehr looked like he was trying to get physical and he had that Messier-like snapper going.

* Fraser and Dixon look like possible energy-linemates... don't know who the last piece of that puzzle will be.

* Perry was here and there, but I also noticed a few times he was cherry-picking way too far up ice. He did score a pretty goal as mentioned above, going five-hole on Glass. He's going to have to show something defensively to make the team with Sutter coaching...

* Conversely, Boyd and Dawes seemed to be working hard on forechecks more than Perry. Dawes had a good game and Boyd had some good moments. I doubt he'll make this team and but he looks like a good bet for next year.

* Barker really looked lost out there. He made some suicide passes and he was clocked by Jacbosen with his head down. If Sutter were making cuts today Barker would be back in M.H. Hopefully tonight he can turn it around.

* The goalie situation remains muddled. No one looked the part of a #1, but none discraced themeselves either. Nastiuk had trouble with rebound control (a stickler for me). Beauchemin made some nice stops but also nearly gave up a goal with the puck squeezed through his body (the whistle came prematurely with the puck close to the goal line). Glass looked comfortable playing the puck and had some nice pad saves on good chances in the first period, but he allowed a five-hole goal to Perry. Dubnyk's rebound control was very good (best of the four) but he mis-handled the puck behind his goal and that led to Stone's first of the night. Don't know how any of the others would rank the field after last night. I'd hazard a guess it would be Beauchemin, Dubnyk, Glass and Nastiuk, but for all intensive purposes the jobs are still up for grabs.

* I agree that Weber was impressive on defense and has the inside track on one of the openings on the blueline. Syvret looked pretty good on defense (made some nice breakups of passes in front of goal) though I expected a little more on the powerplay. He showed enough that I would put him ahead of Picard, Green, Barker and Quincey in the running for the last playing blueline spot.

*Guys who need a big game tonight (probably goes without saying that everyone does, but these ones in particular):

FW- Perry, Bolland, Ladd, MacArthur, Boyd
D- Picard, Green, Barker, Quincey
G- All of them...

Would have loved to have gone again tonight... for $5 you can't beat that value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->