Team canada captain?

johnny canuckistan

Nov 14, 2006
Will Toews be healthy enough to play? Thought he might be injured.

If healthy, I think he'd be a natural captain - Staal seems a bit reserved, and I don't know Parent very well.

nags

Sep 27, 2006

If healthy, I think he'd be a natural captain - Staal seems a bit reserved, and I don't know Parent very well.

Toews played two weekends ago and has had a two week rest so he should be healthy.

Currently wears an 'A' with the Sioux as an 18 year old on a team with 22 year olds.

Alison

Sep 7, 2005
sudbury

Staal seems reserved but is a leader and is captain of the Wolves. I say Parent or Staal.

Nash

Jul 23, 2004
Vancouver
I would be shocked if it wasn't Downie. He did everything for the team last year and was the heart and soul of the squad. He will be the captain this year, regardless of how good our defensemen are.

Lessy

Jul 21, 2004
Sudbury
I would be shocked if it wasn't Downie. He did everything for the team last year and was the heart and soul of the squad. He will be the captain this year, regardless of how good our defensemen are.

I'm surprised there hasn't been much mention of Downie in this thread. That said it could really go to anyone of Toews, Parent, Downie or Staal. My money would be on either Parent or Downie.

Letang fan 58

No More Fleury
May 12, 2004
Canada
How old is Luc Bourdon? isnt he elligible for this years WJ team? if so I would say hes got as good of a shot as anyone of being Captain.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
I'm surprised there hasn't been much mention of Downie in this thread. That said it could really go to anyone of Toews, Parent, Downie or Staal. My money would be on either Parent or Downie.

I don't think it will be Downie...he's too much of a loose canon...you can't afford to have your captain do something absolutely brain dead in a game. I'm going along the lines of Ryan Parent or Stall...or could even be a wild card like Bourdon.

It will be interesting to see!

clay

Aug 25, 2005
Vancouver
There are a few frontrunners.

Since Luc Bourdon was the only one with a letter returning to this team, I would say he has the best shot.

The frontrunners, in no order, are:

-Luc Bourdon
-Marc Staal
-Ryan O'Marra
-Jonathan Toews
-Ryan Parent
-Kris Russel
-Andrew Cogliano

kingpin_19

Jan 5, 2005
Drumheller, AB
There are a few frontrunners.

Since Luc Bourdon was the only one with a letter returning to this team, I would say he has the best shot.

The frontrunners, in no order, are:

-Luc Bourdon
-Marc Staal
-Ryan O'Marra
-Jonathan Toews
-Ryan Parent
-Kris Russel
-Andrew Cogliano

I totally agree with Bourdon getting the 'C'. I'll bet it'll be M. Staal, Kris Russell and Toews (if they go with 3 alternates) getting the 'A'

Dig Out Your Soul

Ex Storm...
Aug 8, 2005
I don't think it will be Downie...he's too much of a loose canon...you can't afford to have your captain do something absolutely brain dead in a game. I'm going along the lines of Ryan Parent or Stall...or could even be a wild card like Bourdon.

It will be interesting to see!

I guess you didn't see last year's tournament then?

Did Downie do anything brain-dead last year?

I bet he wears an A.

Schitzo

Jul 29, 2006
Just curious, as an oilers homer - why is Cogliano not getting mentioned (except once, low on the list). He'll be 19, possibly the 1st line centre... I haven't followed his NCAA career much, is he not known as a leader?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad