Team Canada All Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
cyclops said:
I think fiset in (can't remember exact year) or Legace in 1993 were just as good if not better imo.

I didn't see those tourneys, I started watching in 1995 I believe.

I remember Theodore and Denis played great too, but I thought Luongo almost single handidly brought home the gold (losing in OT to a far superior Russian team)
and if I remember correctly he stood on his head.

espo*

trahans99 said:
I didn't see those tourneys, I started watching in 1995 I believe.

I remember Theodore and Denis played great too, but I thought Luongo almost single handidly brought home the gold (losing in OT to a far superior Russian team)
and if I remember correctly he stood on his head.
Yep,he sure did...best goalie in the tourney that year for sure.Made some fantastic saves all tournament long.

BuppY

xGoodwillx
Dec 24, 2003
relatednews.net
I pick Luongo and MARC DENIS!!

How did Carlo Colaiacovo not make it. He led Team Canada in scoring and I believe was tied for 1st in the scoring race in the tournament.

Tricolore#20

PK PK PK
Jul 24, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Manny Legace was amazing that year he was in there. He played for the Olympic team the following year because of his successes (although he never saw much action).

The Commish

Dec 11, 2004
I agreed Legace should have been on the list. A little disappointed to see Spezza and a few others on the list. Clearly alot of people voted based on the players NHL career and not their WJ performace.

BuppY

xGoodwillx
Dec 24, 2003
relatednews.net
The Commish said:
I agreed Legace should have been on the list. A little disappointed to see Spezza and a few others on the list. Clearly alot of people voted based on the players NHL career and not their WJ performace.

I totally agree with you, people voted on the players NHL success more than how they played at the WJC. Which I think is kind of unfair.

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
Only 9 responses to this, thats a huge surprise. The U20 team Canada is one of the most watched and criticized teams in all of Canadian sports. Anymore comments on TSN's U20 Team Canada of all time?

My only beef is that Luongo should be on there.

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
Some of those players never became NHL great players. But they were great junior players. Its nice to look back at guys like Brisebois at how they were praised and now almost everybody in MTL wants to dump them. :) Or Nolan Baumgartner. Just shows a great junior career doesnt equal a great NHL career.

Last edited:

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
trahans99 said:
Only 9 responses to this, thats a huge surprise. The U20 team Canada is one of the most watched and criticized teams in all of Canadian sports. Anymore comments on TSN's U20 Team Canada of all time?
It's garbage and I don't think people put much stock into it. As soon as I saw Spezza...... well, it's been said above.

The Major

Feb 13, 2003
edm.ab.ca
Visit site
Couple of guys I think that should be on that list include:

Brandon Reid
Brad Isbister
Jamie Rivers- I remember him being great on the blueline in 1995, especially on the PP, he put up some big numbers for a D-Man.

MrMastodonFarm*

Jul 5, 2004
DanyHeatley#1Fan said:
I'm very very surprised not to see Wade Redden in that all star team. He won 4 goal medals and was a key member of those winning squads...
Excuse me?

I beleive Wade Redden won 2 gold medals, not 4. The record for gold medals is 3.. that is held by Jason Botteril. I don't know where you read that Redden had one 4 medals... he wasn't playing in this tournament when he was 16 years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad