U18: TEAM CANADA '22

Mainiac

May 15, 2021
Hard to be optimistic about tomorrow. Special teams are awful. Zero puck management. Finns (usually) have the structure & discipline that this team lacks. I agree with the comment about letting somebody else be captain. Kid has enough to do.

prongertheman9

May 30, 2010
At this point I honestly wouldn’t be opposed to loading up a first line of Fantilli, Goyette and Bedard and having the other 3 lines playing shutdown hockey - pucks out and pucks deep, keep the puck in the offensive zone as long as possible on the cycle and keep a 3rd forward real high to apply heavy back pressure and limit any odd man rushes against.

As it is, the lines all think they are scoring lines and with the top guys split up the offensive return hasn’t been good enough to justify the opposition counter attack and zone pressure feasting on this d-core. Bedard and Fantilli create a grade A chance every shift they have together and if they build more chemistry with Goyette, I think you can rely on their offence to carry you if the other lines can button it up on the d side. Guys like Howe are much more equipped to play a grinding role at this level and would probably respond well to having a simplified/defined role which might actually lead to some depth scoring.

My 2cents..

Jimmy71

Apr 2, 2022
Story of this tournament:

- unforced turnovers
- unbelievably poor PK

None of these coaches should ever come close to Team Canada again. Truly a pathetic display from start to finish.
So many mistakes it was hard to watch this whole tournament honestly. It's so frustrating. Baumgartner and his coaching staff really did nothing to try and improve this team as games went on

buzzer beater

Oct 24, 2018
They should all get fired. All of them. Coaches and team staff. They played guys on the pk that haven’t played it all year while some guys never got a break no adjustments nothing.

WetWholphin

Sep 4, 2021
https://hfboards.mandatory.com
really just an abysmal showing from canada. a shame considering some of the names they had to work with here. i was hoping to see a nice long tournament from the likes of bedard and fantilli. even bedard didnt have a particularly great showing (in my eyes). they definitely didnt have a great team, but with good coaching they had enough to do better than what the result was. disappointing.

Oleksiak

Jun 12, 2019
Victoria, BC
I have nothing against him personally, but I feel like your coach is probably the biggest problem. No knock just seems in over his head. Good luck against Finn's... I have no idea who will win that as both nations are usually in the finals or semi's.
Called it right when it was announced. Baumgartner simply isn't qualified to coach at ANY level. Not sure what Hockey Canada was thinking when they allowed this incompetent clown anywhere near the top prospects.

Reactions: Czechboy

buzzer beater

Oct 24, 2018
West coast click. They made the whole country look bad. Top OHLers on the fourth line while we needed our top guys to make a difference. This really was a mess. #you’refired !!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad