Team Canada 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
I like this lineup. I can't see Point not having a regular line spot though.

I know. Great problem to have! real smart creative player. probably sub in for Marner on McDavid's right side.

Canada heading into next year with the #1 offense.

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
I know. Great problem to have! real smart creative player. probably sub in for Marner on McDavid's right side.

The best offense by a good margin too I might add. Even compared to the U.S. I think Point is on this team though. It is someone like Stamkos who is more of a bubble guy, but Point is sort of that guy that is good enough where you would find room for him. If anything his 2020 playoffs decided this.

smokes lets go

Oct 18, 2008
My take on what I THINK will happen. I know Canada will take a few vets are usually obsessed with having a equal L/R balance on defense which factored into my list.

Huberdeau-McDavid-Mackinnon
Marchand-Crosby-Bergeron
O'Rielly-Point-Stone
Horvat-Scheifele-Barzal
Marner/Cirelli

Theodore-Pietrangelo
Chabot-Doughty
Nurse-Weber
Keith-Makar

Price/Backwood/Hart

I had a really hard time leaving Tavares and Couturier off the list for forwards but for me, if Tavares is not in the top 6 he doesn't have much of a place on the team. I know he's well liked among the old boys in HC so that might get him on the team. Horvat and Scheifele are competing imo with Couturier and are currently a bit ahead of him. I feel kind of hesitant to put Horvat and Cirelli on the team tbh. What do people think of Tom Wilson on the team, or is that a disaster waiting to happen? Also if Toews gets healthy and doesn't completely suck will they bring him?

As far as defense goes I think my largest omissions are Reilly and Parayko. Reilly has drawn quite the ire of Leaf fans and I think they will opt for Keith, who is in a similar situation as Tavares, but him and Doughty have too much pedigre to leave off the team, even in reduced roles. I think people are sleeping on Nurse, the guy brings a much needed physical presence and has emerged as a #1 defenseman in Edmonton, he's a lock imo.

For Goalies I think the only one that would replace one of those guys is Darcy Kuemper. If Hart continues to struggle and he stays hot then i would change that.

Last edited:

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
How is Price a lock? This is a remarkable take.
Goaltender is the weakest position for Canada. Not a lot of goaltenders who are trustworthy in a tournament like the Olympics.

Price is the only proven commodity on the world stage.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Huberdeau-McDavid-Point
Scheifele-MacKinnon-Marner
Marchand-Crosby-Bergeron
O'Reilly-Couturier-Stone
Barzal

Theodore-Pietangelo
Keith-Makar
Chabot-Parayko
Hamilton

Blackwood
Price
Hart

Asinine

yer opinion is wrong
Feb 28, 2013
Marner-McDavid-Barzal
Marchand-Crosby-MacKinnon
Huberdeau-Point-Stamkos
Stone-O'Reilly-Bergeron

Pietrangelo-Makar
Theodore-Parayko
Chabot-Weber

Price
Fleury
Hart

If someone is getting a spot based off of experience and reputation, it's Price. And I think that's what happens with the goaltending.

Crosby, Marchand and MacKinnon train together every summer and all 3 are puck possession monsters. I think they would tilt the ice no matter who they were up against and would have insane chemistry.

This also bumps Bergeron down to create a world class shutdown 4th line.

Last edited:

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
Good call with people on Fleury. Funny thing is, when he was on Pittsburgh he had a knock against him that he was only on a good team. Yet he leads an expansion team to the Cup final in its first year and has done remarkably well in Vegas and yet when the talk of top goaltenders comes up he is largely absent. He was the 3rd stringer in 2010 and no one batted an eyelash then, even though he didn't play. Not sure why Blackwood gets on people's lists when he has barely done anything in the NHL and people forget the still very capable of stealing a game Fleury.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
He was the 3rd stringer in 2010 and no one batted an eyelash then, e

a 3rd stringer for team Canada, behind Luongo and Brodeur is no batting eye matter. People were aware of how good he is, being the most recent goalie to win the Stanley cup.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Good call with people on Fleury. Funny thing is, when he was on Pittsburgh he had a knock against him that he was only on a good team. Yet he leads an expansion team to the Cup final in its first year and has done remarkably well in Vegas and yet when the talk of top goaltenders comes up he is largely absent. He was the 3rd stringer in 2010 and no one batted an eyelash then, even though he didn't play. Not sure why Blackwood gets on people's lists when he has barely done anything in the NHL and people forget the still very capable of stealing a game Fleury.

If Blackwood’s done nothing, what has Hart done?

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013

Absolutely.

Two of the more intriguing players coming into this selection for me are Stamkos and Tavares. Two vets. Armstrong saying youth will be served makes me wonder about them. What do you think? I follow your opinions on here a decent amount, so I'm curious. I'm a Lightning fan, so I'd obviously love to see Stamkos play, he's a different player then he was in 2016. It'll be interesting to see what happens with those guys.

Mathieukferland

Oct 11, 2020
Sloane Square, Chelsea, England
Finland will probably look like this:

Laine - Barkov - Rantanen
Granlund - Aho - Teräväinen
Kiviranta - Hintz - Kapanen
Donskoi - Haula - Anttila
Manninen, Hartikainen

Lindell - Heiskanen
Lehtonen - Vatanen
Välimäki - Jokiharju
Nutivaara - Hakanpää

Saros - Korpisalo - Lankinen

Rask will retire and Ristolainen will decline an invitation. There will be a huge public cry in Finland about these selections, particularly about Kakko and Puljujärvi not selected.
This is the Canada thread?

MrGold

Mark Scheifele is a piece of ****
Jan 7, 2012
I'm just hoping Price doesn't make the team. Maybe that'll provide him with some daily motivation to get back to the top or at least play better.

But then again, I'm also just hoping Canada doesn't go.

Would probably lose both bets.

VictoriaJetsFan

Mar 24, 2013
I am going to take a stab at this:

McDavid-Barzal-Mackinnon
Marchand-Crosby-Bergeron
Huberdeau-Schiefle-Marner
O'Reilly-Point-Stone

Extras: Couturier, DuBois

Chabot-Pietrangelo
Theodore-Makar
Nurse-Ekblad

Extras: Parayko, Ty Smith

Fleury
Blackwood
Binnington

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I am going to take a stab at this:

McDavid-Barzal-Mackinnon
Marchand-Crosby-Bergeron
Huberdeau-Schiefle-Marner
O'Reilly-Point-Stone

Extras: Couturier, DuBois

Chabot-Pietrangelo
Theodore-Makar
Nurse-Ekblad

Extras: Parayko, Ty Smith

Fleury
Blackwood
Binnington
McDavid won't be playing the wing, but that forward group looks incredibly stacked.

Reactions: habsrule4eva3089

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
Absolutely.

Two of the more intriguing players coming into this selection for me are Stamkos and Tavares. Two vets. Armstrong saying youth will be served makes me wonder about them. What do you think? I follow your opinions on here a decent amount, so I'm curious. I'm a Lightning fan, so I'd obviously love to see Stamkos play, he's a different player then he was in 2016. It'll be interesting to see what happens with those guys.

tough to predict what will be in a year with players on the wrong side of their 20s. I'd like to see both make it as long as they are still among Canada's TOP 10 centers/forwards. As of now chances are only 1 will make it. I have Tavares in more often than Stamkos at this point, but if Stammer can stay healthy and keep sniping goals from the left dot on the PP (like he did last night) then he'd be my pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad