Team Canada 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Chychrun?

I would have him just outside the group listed. Similar to Nurse, adding some unsustainable point totals by riding the percentages doesn't carry much weight with me. If his shooting percentage normalizes and he has 9 goals instead of 18, no one is really considering him.

I could move him up if he makes some two-way strides at the beginning of next season.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
I would have him just outside the group listed. Similar to Nurse, adding some unsustainable point totals by riding the percentages doesn't carry much weight with me. If his shooting percentage normalizes and he has 9 goals instead of 18, no one is really considering him.

I could move him up if he makes some two-way strides at the beginning of next season.
It would be nice if a half dozen guys were heads and tails above the rest. I'm just glad I don't have to make the decision.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Dougie Hamilton is being allowed to talk to other teams by Carolina. What does Carolina know that we don't? ;)

Just another reason to keep "Dougie" off TC2022.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
It's a moot point, tonight, because T.B. dominated but Stamkos has begun his disappearing act as the games get more important.

Set your watch by it, boys, because that train is NEVER late !!!

Last edited:

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
Montreal winning (2 rounds plus) is like seeing a beautiful women with an ugly guy and thinking, "What am I missing here?".

I've convinced myself it's Price. Hopefully, he continues his play until the 2022 Olympics.
As for the first sentence, you are probably missing the money. :)

As for the second sentence, I think Price was always the guy for Canada at 2022. I wrote a few posts earlier in the season saying that Price was always going to be Team Canada's goalie, despite his regular season struggles. He simply has too much experience and too good of track-record in big important moments to go with anyone else. Canada was never going to go into the Olympics with Blackwood/Hart/Binnington, or whatever other combination people were suggesting when Price was struggling.

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
A lot of good rosters being named. However, I think what is missing from most people's rosters is a true "destroyer" on defense. A defenseman who is big and physical.

That is why I was lobbying for Shea Weber in another post.

He still looks good out there for the Canadiens. Not as good as he was in his prime, but still effective in his role.

I wouldn't want a game against USA to be lost by a score of 3-2, and have a PP goal scored by them be the reason Canada lost.

If USA gets a PP in the 3rd period and decides to put one of the Tkachuk brothers in front of the net to screen the goaltender, who is going to be the one to move them?

Sometimes the difference between winning or losing comes down to these types of situations.

Reactions: ORRFForever

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
A lot of good rosters being named. However, I think what is missing from most people's rosters is a true "destroyer" on defense. A defenseman who is big and physical.

That is why I was lobbying for Shea Weber in another post.

He still looks good out there for the Canadiens. Not as good as he was in his prime, but still effective in his role.

I wouldn't want a game against USA to be lost by a score of 3-2, and have a PP goal scored by them be the reason Canada lost.

If USA gets a PP in the 3rd period and decides to put one of the Tkachuk brothers in front of the net to screen the goaltender, who is going to be the one to move them?

Sometimes the difference between winning or losing comes down to these types of situations.
You make good points.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
As for the first sentence, you are probably missing the money. :)
It's one of three things. He's either :

1) Really rich;
2) Really funny;
3) Hung like Man Of War.

Fortunately for me, ALL 3 apply.

Last edited:

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Barzal has been EVERYWHERE, tonight. He's put the team on his back but, between the T.B.'s D and Vasilevskiy, nothing is going in - or, in a lot of cases, not even getting to the net. Shame.

Anyone who does not think Barzal should be on Team Canada needed to watch tonight's game.

Last edited:

TopCheese

Mar 16, 2016
canada
Point -Mcdavid - Marchand
Stone - Mackinnon - Huberdeau
Marner - Crosby - Barzal
O'reilly - Bergeron - Scheifele
Tavares

Makar - Ekblad
Theodore - Pietrangelo
Spurgeon - Chabot
Doughty

Price
Fleury
Keumper

There are so many options with Canada. This lineup would be very balanced with each line having incredible speed and two way ability

Last edited:

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
LeBrun has a new article about Hockey Canada and players whose stock is up or down this playoffs. Not a whole lot of surprising stuff. He thinks that Hockey Canada has narrowed things down to around 45 players and will try to bring management, coaches, and potential players together some time after Labour Day. He also thinks that Cooper is the likeliest coach. Calls Theodore the only left side defence lock, which makes sense. LeBrun is also optimistic regarding Huberdeau and thinks that if Hockey Canada believes Barzal can play the wing then he's on the team. I was surprised that he thinks that Scheifele's stock is down based on the playoffs this year and last.

LeBrun isn't quite as reliable on these things as McKenzie is but he's also not a Dreger type shill. He generally knows at least something before talking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad