Team Canada 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

baston

Nov 25, 2005
Quebec City
Why are you answering. It's obvious that Canada's Team Z would beat Italy.

Anyways, Italy is filled with canadians with a double nationality anyways. Don't be ridiculous people. Canada's junior team would beat Italy.

Just for fun, here's my Team B roster for you people spending way too much time in a saüna :

13 forwards :

Sidney Crosby
Eric Staal
Jason Spezza
Alex Tanguay
Patrice Bergeron
Marc Savard
Patrick Marleau
Steve Sullivan
Glen Murray
Jonathan Cheechoo
Daniel Brière
Paul Kariya
Brendan Shanahan

7 defensemen :

Dan Boyle
Dion Phaneuf
Adrian Aucoin
Brad Stuart
Dan Hamhuis
Mike Van Ryn
M-A Bergeron
Eric Brewer

3 Goalies

J-S Giguère
Curtis Joseph
Manny Legace

Last edited:

LuigiStone*

Well, if Switzerland can beat team number 1, I can only imagine what Latvia would do to team number 2.

jekoh

Jun 8, 2004
DrMoses said:
It's quite apparent that you are living in an abstract reality if you don't think that team would beat the Swiss or the Germans... :biglaugh:

Can you say European bias?
pwn3d

KariyaIsGod*

jekoh said:

Do you even understand what you just typed?

Team Canada one lost, that has nothing to do with Team Canada too...

pwn3d

Briere03

Jun 26, 2005
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Goalies:
Joseph
Belfour
Legace

Defence:
Phaneuf
Hannan
Phillips
DesJardins
Brewer
Boyle
Aucoin

Forwards:
Tanguay
Crosby
Marleau
Kariya
Savard
Shanahan
Arnott
Sullivan
Horcoff
Briere
Staal
Spezza
Cheechoo

primetime

Dec 2, 2005
Albany
Bruin Stain said:
dude no way our b team loses to italy.you know nothing about Canadian hockey.by the way a big chunk of italy's team is canadian.and none of them would make it on canada's k team.

Italy should've sent out offers to Bertuzzi, Amonte, Modano, and a whole bunch of other NHL guys with Italian names. DiPietro in goal, for instance.

Coffee and 7's*

Canadas A-Team can't beat Switzerland. How can you guys believe Canadas B-Team whould be better than Switzerland? Who is the ones living in an abstract world? you Canadians make me laugh :biglaugh:

The New Originals

Feb 10, 2006
A.V. Land
A winning team is more than just a stacked roster. The players need to hustle and they need to play with some heart. I don't think Canada was lazy yesterday against Switzerland. Nor did I think they played badly. They had 49 shots on goal and allowed 1 in the 3rd period. Gerber was just a maniac in net. So, anyone who brags about Canada losing, really didn't watch the game at all. The Swiss did what they had to do to keep Canada from scoring and that's all that can be said. Just because a team is full of big name players, it doesn't mean they'll win anything at all, though. Even Canada's impeccable A team can lose.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
nothingasitseems said:
A winning team is more than just a stacked roster. The players need to hustle and they need to play with some heart. I don't think Canada was lazy yesterday against Switzerland. Nor did I think they played badly. They had 49 shots on goal and allowed 1 in the 3rd period. Gerber was just a maniac in net. So, anyone who brags about Canada losing, really didn't watch the game at all. The Swiss did what they had to do to keep Canada from scoring and that's all that can be said. Just because a team is full of big name players, it doesn't mean they'll win anything at all, though. Even Canada's impeccable A team can lose.

Especially when they leave a lot of their top finishers at home because they are inexperienced and might choke.

Goldthorpe

Meditating Guru
Jan 22, 2003
Montreal
dakdak said:
Canadas A-Team can't beat Switzerland. How can you guys believe Canadas B-Team whould be better than Switzerland? Who is the ones living in an abstract world? you Canadians make me laugh :biglaugh:

Now, come on, this is completely ridiculous. Are you really going to claim now that Switzerland has a better team than Canada? Just because of the result of one game? Do you really think it works that way?

I mean, the Swiss have all the right reasons to be happy about their win, they definitively played as a team, they beat fair and square a powerhouse and they beneficiated from the help of a very hot goalie. But let's not get carried over here. They got shelled all game long. Their best D (Streit) can't even play on the habs lineup on a regular basis, and we're talking about a very average NHL D corp here. Claiming that suddendly Canada isn't one of the best (if not the best) team on paper just because of this fluke is completely Pejorative Slur.

Canada B team would be competitive. Probably not at the level of, say Russia, but it would definitively be in the same class as Czech Republic for example. Nothing to be ashamed of.

Coffee and 7's*

Goldthorpe said:
Now, come on, this is completely ridiculous. Are you really going to claim now that Switzerland has a better team than Canada? Just because of the result of one game? Do you really think it works that way?

I mean, the Swiss have all the right reasons to be happy about their win, they definitively played as a team, they beat fair and square a powerhouse and they beneficiated from the help of a very hot goalie. But let's not get carried over here. They got shelled all game long. Their best D (Streit) can't even play on the habs lineup on a regular basis, and we're talking about a very average NHL D corp here. Claiming that suddendly Canada isn't one of the best (if not the best) team on paper just because of this fluke is completely Pejorative Slur.

Canada B team would be competitive. Probably not at the level of, say Russia, but it would definitively be in the same class as Czech Republic for example. Nothing to be ashamed of.

I thought the question was how good team Canada-B whould do in the Olympics?

They whould not be competative at all and whould not make the quaterfinals.

I'd say ALL the other big-7 countries team-B's whould have a bigger shot than Canadas...

Sure, they have good players who can perform good in the NHL, but on big ice they're not contenders for the Olympic Gold.

Please stop this madness... :shakehead

Bloggins

Dec 1, 2005
dakdak said:
I thought the question was how good team Canada-B whould do in the Olympics?

They whould not be competative at all and whould not make the quaterfinals.

I'd say ALL the other big-7 countries team-B's whould have a bigger shot than Canadas...

Sure, they have good players who can perform good in the NHL, but on big ice they're not contenders for the Olympic Gold.

Please stop this madness... :shakehead

Whether it's team B or team Z Canadians would never throw a game to ensure an easier run to the medal round however ;)

shealy04

Oct 20, 2005
Nova Scotia
dakdak said:
That team whould not be as good as Chech, Russia, Finland, Slovakia, USA, Switzerland and Germany

Malarky!

That team would probably beat our "A" team, cuz I can see that group coming together better as a team, and there's still plenty of skill to boot...

Crosby, Staal, Spezza, Kariya, Phaneuf, Marleau, and Savard would make ANY other team in the Olympics... say what you want, but let's just say all of those guys had multiple citizenships, you know they would have been picked up, there's no denying it...

Coffee and 7's*

Pathfinder said:
Whether it's team B or team Z Canadians would never throw a game to ensure an easier run to the medal round however ;)

Yeah, Strategy was never Canadas thing was it?

having the most talented players, yet failing in the Quaterfinals. Looks like you've taken over Swedens role eh? ;)

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
I am pretty sure the next time we will see Canada in a big tournament, at least one of their scoring lines will consist of three players from the same team, or who have extensive experience of playing together. Chemistry counts for so much...

hpheikki

Jan 5, 2006
mattihp said:
I am pretty sure the next time we will see Canada in a big tournament, at least one of their scoring lines will consist of three players from the same team, or who have extensive experience of playing together. Chemistry counts for so much...

Or maybe they should add some ugly brothers like the sedins and the jonssons to their lineup. Man, those guys are strange looking...

jcpenny

Aug 8, 2002
Montréal
Visit site
dakdak said:
Yeah, Strategy was never Canadas thing was it?

having the most talented players, yet failing in the Quaterfinals. Looks like you've taken over Swedens role eh? ;)
Canada need to know how to play on the big ice. Without strategy they look like the old NYRangers outhere, so they need to realize that just bunching a couple of superstars togheter wont do it anymore. When they will learn how to play on the big ice, this team will return on top.

stockwizard*

The reality is Gretzky did such a bad job picking Team 1, I would not be surprised if Team 2 dismantled them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad