Team Canada 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coffee and 7's*

therealdeal said:
Yeah, I guess you're right, the Swiss are far better than the Czechs, I'm sure they just didn't catch the Czechs off guard.

No you definetly know you're stuff.

And you definetly know you're english.

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
dakdak said:
And you definetly know you're english.

dakdak said:
How many top "point getters" in the NHL did the swiss have when they beat the chechs? it whould crack me up if switzerland beat canada(team 1/A) too.

dakdak said:
I love everything more about the world cup except one thing... it's runned by Canada. Canadian-biased referees etc. makes it impossible for any team to win.

You're right, my english is just horrible.

Good arguement though, so I guess you're power rankings would show the swiss above the Czechs?

Coffee and 7's*

therealdeal said:

Good arguement though, so I guess you're power rankings would show the swiss above the Czechs?

stop being such an angry man :(

Switzerland beat Chechs so they're clearly the better team between the two. Winning is everything. playing good in NHL and scoring many goals means nothing in the question about who is the better team.

Jyroe Habs Fan

Aug 23, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Theo - Olympic and World Cup experience
Souray - World Cup experience LAST YEAR
Ryder - 35-40 goal scorer on Canada's 81 player list
Rivet - my only bonus homer pick, did play for Team Canada at the World cup also.

So why are these picks being panned folks? All these players have VERY recently played for Team Canada.

Its not like I am suggesting Steve Begin or Aaron Downey :shakehead

Dogbert*

Jyroe Habs Fan said:
Rivet - my only bonus homer pick, did play for Team Canada at the World cup also.

So why are these picks being panned folks? All these players have VERY recently played for Team Canada.

Let's look at who you left off in order to have them on the team:

Theodore: Giguere, Belfour, Fleury, Biron, Fernandez, Legace, Denis

Souray and Rivet: Phillips, McLaren, B. Jackman, Desjardins, Boucher, Van Ryn, J. Smith, Seabrook, Hamhuis, Boynton

Ryder: Sullivan, Morrow, Shanahan, Arnott, Murray, A. Carter, Lupul, M. Richards, Stillman

Those are just the guys that I can think of off the top of my head.

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
Jyroe Habs Fan said:

Souray actually played at the World Championships. And by all accounts, it was a less than impressive performance. Dan Boyle was Canada's No. 2 defenceman at that tournament (Canada's best defenceman to some insiders) and that was his clincher for getting on the Taxi Squad. Phillips also played extremely well at last year's Worlds, that's why he got some consideration. Souray did not play well at last year's Worlds, that play has carried over to this year, and I didn't hear any credible sources say he had a shot at making the team after he was on Canada's 81-man short list.

Rivet did not play at the World Championships. He was on the team in 2003. He did not make the 81-man long list.

Ryder would merit consideration for Team II. I actually have him as the first line right wing on Team Canada III.

Theodore's on my Team II, but there are goalies not on the long list who deserve a place more than Theodore. (Manny Fernandez, for example).

AgentNaslund*

DrMoses said:
It's quite apparent that you are living in an abstract reality if you don't think that team would beat the Swiss or the Germans... :biglaugh:

Can you say European bias?

anyone who thinks a team Canada B team that has Kariya, Sullivan, Phaneuf, Crosby, Staal, Cheecho, Hannan, cant beat Italy, is someone not worth talking too. Nuff said. Considering this guy is Swedish, we can diss him to hell with what happend, when Belarus beat Swedens A team.

KariyaIsGod*

AgentNaslund said:
anyone who thinks a team Canada B team that has Kariya, Sullivan, Phaneuf, Crosby, Staal, Cheecho, Hannan, cant beat Italy, is someone not worth talking too. Nuff said. Considering this guy is Swedish, we can diss him to hell with what happend, when Belarus beat Swedens A team.

The guy's statements are just so incredibly ridiculous...

I can't even seriously respond to this crap...

I agree man, not worth talking too.

What do you say to a guy who clearly has no concept of reality?

thomasincanada

Mar 7, 2005
London, ON
dakdak said:
I'm not being biased. It's you Canadians who are being biased...seriously your "team 2" whould struggle against italy.

You've got to be kidding me. Our "Team 17" would beat Italy, and it includes Cory Cross on defense.

nik jr

Sep 25, 2005
therealdeal said:

therealdeal said:
Yeah, I guess you're right, the Swiss are far better than the Czechs, I'm sure they just didn't catch the Czechs off guard.

No you definetly know you're stuff.
your english is horrible. :PPPPPPPPPPP

:biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Last edited:

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
Jyroe Habs Fan said:

Souray is terrible, Theo has been the worst starting goalie in the NHL, and Rivet just isn't good.

Ryder is okay.

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Youz guys our iliterat

I never understood how people get this mixed up. I'm not trying to be a dick or anything. But even people in my classes would do this.

You're = You Are

You're Stupid (correct)
Your Stupid (incorrect)

The only time "Your Stupid" would work would be:

"Your stupid cat pissed on my couch"

EDIT: I guess I should stay on topic here..

Go Canada2 Go!

Feb 24, 2004
This is all hypothetical obviously, but if you do it by paper the Canada "B" Team player for player is better IMHO overall than anyone not named Czech, Russia, Sweden......

But that's why the games are played on the ice, not on paper.

AgentNaslund*

oh yea, If we have a Team B, it will be coached by Darryl Sutter. Which means they are good enough to beat anyone. Including team Sweden and Canada A :eek:

jepjepjoo

Dec 31, 2002
leafnation67 said:
:biglaugh: lol not better than the finns, americans, swiss, or germans!? maybe not quite as good as the czechs, russians, or maybe the slovaks... maybe but that team would absolutely crush those other teams, and any other countries 2nd team i might add

Yes, im sure they would crush Finland like Team A did last World Cup Finals :shakehead: :dunno:

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Paul Kariya - Eric Staal - Patrick Marleau (fast and highly skilled)
Alex Tanguay - Jason Spezza - Sidney Crosby (may need a finisher but still)
Brenden Morrow - Jason Arnott - Jonathan Cheechoo (hardnosed)
Stu Barnes - Rod Brind'Amour - John Madden (experienced shutdown line)

Philippe Boucher - Dion Phaneuf (ouch)
Brad Stuart - Scott Hannan (former duo)
Dan Boyle - Jason Smith (offensive and defensive)

Ed Belfour (when healthy a top netminder)
JS Giguere (inconsistent but impossible to beat at times)
Jose Theodore (hey he has a Hart!)

Coffee and 7's*

thomasincanada said:
You're not honestly making fun of someone else's english.. are you?

I was just repeating his spelling mistakes to make fun of him...it's not like I usually write "you're" when I mean "your"...

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
dakdak said:
I'm not being biased. It's you Canadians who are being biased...seriously your "team 2" whould struggle against italy.

They would maybe struggle to score 8 goals agaisnt Italy, right...

TK79

Jul 5, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
God Bless Canada said:
My Team Canada B Team would be as follows (I'm not counting players on the Taxi Squad, injured players or those left off the 81-man long list from October).

G:
Joseph
Belfour
Theodore (If Theo's ineligible, go with Cam Ward).
D:
D. Phaneuf-Stuart
McLaren-Hannan
Phillips-Jackman
DesJardins
(Brewer is out for the season, thus isn't on my team).

F:
A. Tanguay-S. Crosby-P. Marleau
P. Kariya-M. Savard-M. Recchi
B. Shanahan-J. Arnott-S. Sullivan
B. Morrow-J. Madden-R. Niedermayer
S. Horcoff

Taxi: N. Boynton, P. Bergeron, J. Lupul

Canada's B Team would likely be good enough to finish third or fourth in their pool. They would need their goalie to steal them a game to reach the semi-final and have a chance at playing for a medal. A lot of talent up front, in fact, there's lots of talent up front for the third team. But in goal and on defence, the third team, based on the long list, would struggle.

One of the first unbiased Canadian posts I have read on this subject :handclap:

Bruin Stain

Oct 26, 2005
Winnipeg
dakdak said:
dude no way our b team loses to italy.you know nothing about Canadian hockey.by the way a big chunk of italy's team is canadian.and none of them would make it on canada's k team.

C-J...*

This is "big ice hockey", nothing like the nhl.

EDIT: What I just said, Canada is down 0-1 against Switzerland.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad